One Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes XI - XII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Scene XI take place?
(a) In the Palace of the Florentine Ambassador in Rome.
(b) In the Court of Inquisition in Florence.
(c) In the Hall of Trials in Venice.
(d) An apartment in the Vatican.
2. What time do the people of the inquisition believe that Galileo would recant?
3. Why does the Grand Duke of Tuscany come to Galileo's home?
(a) To see the telescope.
(b) To talk to Galileo about stars.
(c) To see Andrea.
(d) To talk to Santi.
4. What is Virginia sewing at the opening of Scene VIII?
(a) Linen napkins.
(b) A dress.
(c) A suit.
(d) A trousseau.
5. What, according to Andrea, do the people of Paris and Prague believe sunspots were?
(a) Vapors from the sun.
(b) Surface winds.
(c) Swarms of stars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Galileo want to bestow on the new stars he found?
2. Why does Galileo tell Virginia that they move to Florence?
3. What does Sarti offer to the Grand Duke as his Court is leaving at the end of Scene IV?
4. Why does Galileo tell Andrea that they could not investigate sunspots?
5. What does Galileo tell the Curator would "save millions of scudi in navigation"?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)