Scenes I - II
1. What year is it in the opening of the play?
2. In what city does Galileo teach mathematics in the opening of the play?
3. What does Galileo tell Andrea to put on the table? (Scene I)
4. What is the name of the bailiff?
(a) Signor Franco.
(b) Signor Parente.
(c) Signor Cambione.
(d) Signor Franz.
5. Where does Galileo place the Ptolemaic system for Andrea to find?
(a) Behind the star charts.
(b) Under the table.
(c) In the broom closet.
(d) In the teapot.
6. What does the stone at the center of the Ptolemaic system model represent?
(b) The moon.
(d) The sun.
7. What are the globes on the Ptolemaic system model made of?
8. How many globes surround the center stone?
(a) 12 globes.
(b) 8 globes.
(c) 10 globes.
(d) 9 globes.
9. What do the strips of paper on the Ptolemaic system model have written on them?
(a) Names of moons.
(b) Names of planets.
(c) Names of galaxies.
(d) Names of stars.
This section contains 4,150 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)