Scenes I - II
• Galileo is in his study.
• Andrea, the boy of his housekeeper, arrives with a gift (an astronomical model) from the court of Naples.
• Galileo gives Andrea a lesson on the astronomical model.
• Galileo predicts that everyone will know that the earth is the body that's rotating and people along with it, and not the sun.
• Andrea questions Galileo's lesson.
• Galileo shows Andrea how the earth moves around the sun.
• Andrea's mother catches Galileo and scolds the man for putting crazy ideas in Andrea's head.
• Galileo warns Andrea that he shouldn't talk about Galileo's ideas outside because some authorities won't like it.
• A young man, Ludovico, visits Galileo because he has been sent to study science under Galileo for thirty scudi a month.
• Ludovico tells Galileo about a wondrous new device he saw in Amsterdam, a tube capped by glass lenses through which everything appears...
This section contains 1,502 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)