Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Philip Lentz refer to Richard in their second meeting?
2. What does Richard decide in response to his discovery that Lentz deceived him?
3. What does Richard translate Diana's insight into?
4. Where does Richard draw the characters for his novels?
5. Who comes over to talk to Richard in Section II?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is C.? Describe Richard's relationship with her.
2. What does Richard feel about participating in Lentz's project?
3. Describe Richard's circumstances when he first met C.
4. What does Helen's interpretation of 'A Poison Tree' lead Richard to think?
5. What leads Helen to say that she does not "want to play anymore"?
6. How do Richard and Lentz differ in their approaches to the project?
7. What work do Richard and Lentz begin together?
8. What does Richard feel about himself and about his writing while Lentz is redesigning implementation B?
9. Who is A., and what is Richard's relationship with her?
10. What does Richard receive in the mail in the beginning of section II?
Richard writes a book and Diana calls it misanthropic. Is "Galatea 2.2" a misanthropic novel? If so, what is the cause of its misanthropy? If not, what is the cause of its affection for mankind?
To what degree is this book internally consistent? How much does it follow the rules it lays out?
Where does a conception of evil come from, and how did Richard learn it? Does he effectively teach it to Helen?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)