|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Richard live with C.?
2. Where does Richard move to, at the beginning of "Galatea 2.2"?
3. What does Richard conclude about Lentz's feelings about working together?
4. What is Richard doing at the beginning of section IV?
5. What does Richard do at his office night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Lentz's success with implementation A and implementation B?
2. What breakthrough does Helen make when she analyzes love poems?
3. What were Richard's thoughts about getting married when he was with C.?
4. What work do Richard and Lentz begin together?
5. What made C. appealing to Richard when he met her?
6. What does Diana Hartrick tell Richard at lunch?
7. What were Richard's first few months in the Netherlands like with C.?
8. What are Richard's thoughts about letting Lentz 'cut into' Helen?
9. What leads Helen to say that she does not "want to play anymore"?
10. What does Richard receive in the mail in the beginning of section II?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Helen shuts herself down in defiance of a world she does not feel at home in. Is "Galatea 2.2" a book about being out of one's element? How is this feeling presented throughout the novel, and what possible antidotes are there for it?
Essay Topic 2
Why is Lentz driven to cut into Helen, and why is Richard ultimately resigned to allow him to? Why do men have to kill, or at least pry into, the things they create and come to love?
Essay Topic 3
Richard and Helen are both creatures (in addition to the author) who live by making things with words. What are the advantages of creating worlds with words, and what are the disadvantages?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)