|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Richard having difficulty with in the present moment, in the beginning of section II?
2. What is it that bothers Richard about Philip Lentz's deception?
3. On what is Philip Lentz basing his project?
4. What does Richard finish in the beginning of section II?
5. What does Richard think about after he gets the invitation from Diana Hartrick?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Diana Hartrick tell Richard at lunch?
2. What limitations does Richard come up against in Helen?
3. Describe Richard's circumstances when he first met C.
4. What does Richard remember about meeting C., in section II?
5. Why does Helen ultimately shut herself down?
6. What story does Harold Plover tell Richard about his daughters' language acquisition?
7. What were Richard's thoughts about getting married when he was with C.?
8. What is Helen's relationship with music?
9. How does Taylor's death affect Richard and C.'s relationship?
10. What advances does implementation G make after implementation F?
Essay Topic 1
How realistic is this book? What parts are not believable? What leaps of faith does the author require of the reader?
Essay Topic 2
Richard spends a great deal of time pouring literature into Helen's memory, at the same time that he pours C. out of his own memory. How does memory work in "Galatea 2.2"? Is it a source of strength, or of suffering? How important is the desire to forget, for Richard and for Helen?
Essay Topic 3
Write a character sketch of the author based on his style and content. What values does he hold dear? What are his hopes and fears? What kind of person do you think he is? Anchor your sketch in passages in the book.
This section contains 1,525 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)