|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Richard meet C.?
2. How does Philip Lentz respond when Diana Hartrick challenges him?
3. What was C.'s reaction to Richard's storytelling?
4. What is Richard's response when he finds out that Philip Lentz has been deceiving him?
5. What did Richard realize when C. heard that her parents were moving?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Helen ultimately shut herself down?
2. What does Richard notice during his first lunch with Lentz and the other researchers?
3. What has Lentz accomplished by the time he builds implementation F?
4. Describe Richard's progress on his new book.
5. Describe Richard's dinner with Diana Hartrick.
6. What is Helen's relationship with music?
7. What were Richard's first few months in the Netherlands like with C.?
8. What does Helen's interpretation of 'A Poison Tree' lead Richard to think?
9. How does Lentz trick Richard in Section V?
10. What does Richard remember about meeting C., in section II?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate your own reading of "Galatea 2.2". Did you resist it, or were you compelled by the story? What does your reading tell you about yourself and your interests? Use specific examples from the book to describe yourself as a reader.
Essay Topic 2
As Richard recalls his time with C., he also makes advances toward Diana and A. If "Galatea 2.2" is a book about getting over a lover, what does Richard Powers suggest as the best method? Does he ultimately WANT to get over C.?
Essay Topic 3
Richard writes a book and Diana calls it misanthropic. Is "Galatea 2.2" a misanthropic novel? If so, what is the cause of its misanthropy? If not, what is the cause of its affection for mankind?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)