|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Richard move to, at the beginning of "Galatea 2.2"?
2. What is implementation A?
3. What are Philip Lentz and his friends discussing when Richard joins them?
4. What does Richard think about after he gets the invitation from Diana Hartrick?
5. How long was Richard with C.?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the setting of "Galatea 2.2"?
2. How does Taylor's death affect Richard and C.'s relationship?
3. Describe Richard's progress on his new book.
4. What is Lentz's success with implementation A and implementation B?
5. What does Helen start to want to see images of?
6. What were Richard's first few months in the Netherlands like with C.?
7. What does Richard think about the lecture Lentz gives?
8. What story does Harold Plover tell Richard about his daughters' language acquisition?
9. What does Richard begin to use in training implementation B?
10. How does Lentz trick Richard in Section V?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Where is the climax of this book? Are there different climaxes? What questions does each climax resolve? What questions does each climax leave unanswered?
Essay Topic 2
Evaluate your own reading of "Galatea 2.2". Did you resist it, or were you compelled by the story? What does your reading tell you about yourself and your interests? Use specific examples from the book to describe yourself as a reader.
Essay Topic 3
Helen shuts herself down in defiance of a world she does not feel at home in. Is "Galatea 2.2" a book about being out of one's element? How is this feeling presented throughout the novel, and what possible antidotes are there for it?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)