|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard think about Diana's part in Philip Lentz's work?
2. What does Richard decide in response to his discovery that Lentz deceived him?
3. How did Richard and C. handle the cold when they lived together?
4. Who is Ram Gupta?
5. What is Richard working on at this new appointment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Richard's progress on his new book.
2. How do Richard and Lentz differ in their approaches to the project?
3. What is Helen's relationship with music?
4. What work do Richard and Lentz begin together?
5. What is back propagation?
6. How does Lentz trick Richard in Section V?
7. Describe Richard's dinner with Diana Hartrick.
8. Describe the relationship between Philip Lentz and Richard.
9. What debate do Richard and Lentz have over Helen in the beginning of section X?
10. What does Richard remember about meeting C., in section II?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Richard spends a great deal of time pouring literature into Helen's memory, at the same time that he pours C. out of his own memory. How does memory work in "Galatea 2.2"? Is it a source of strength, or of suffering? How important is the desire to forget, for Richard and for Helen?
Essay Topic 2
How realistic is this book? What parts are not believable? What leaps of faith does the author require of the reader?
Essay Topic 3
Does Lentz become a replacement for C.? How does Lentz call out the same struggles and aspects of Richard's personality that had been called out in Richard's relationship with C.? Alternatively, does Helen become a replacement for C. and how does "she" call out the same struggles Richard had been engaged in with C.?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)