|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Richard act on his decision?
2. How does Diana apologize to Richard?
3. Of what does Richard say he is afraid?
4. How does Richard describe the pathways in the neural net in back propagation?
5. How does Philip Lentz refer to the location where Richard lived before coming to this location?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Richard begin to use in training implementation B?
2. Describe Taylor's death and its importance to Richard.
3. How does Richard think about the stories he wrote while he was with C.?
4. What advances does implementation G make after implementation F?
5. What is Lentz's success with implementation A and implementation B?
6. Describe Richard's progress on his new book.
7. How does Taylor's death affect Richard and C.'s relationship?
8. What is C.'s relationship with Richard's work while he is in the Netherlands?
9. What does Richard feel about himself and about his writing while Lentz is redesigning implementation B?
10. How does Lentz trick Richard in Section V?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
To what extent is Helen a replacement for the children Richard and C. never had? To what extent does Richard's writing fill that role?
Essay Topic 2
Evaluate your own reading of "Galatea 2.2". Did you resist it, or were you compelled by the story? What does your reading tell you about yourself and your interests? Use specific examples from the book to describe yourself as a reader.
Essay Topic 3
How are Richard's and Helen's experiences parallel, insofar as Richard struggled with Dutch, and struggled to find a language he and C. could speak together in their relationship, and Helen struggles to generate analysis of literature? How are they similar? How are they different?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)