|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens during Philip Lentz's experiment?
2. What is the first step in back propagation?
3. What does Richard think about Diana's part in Philip Lentz's work?
4. Where does Richard draw the characters for his novels?
5. Why does Richard not take the position he is offered?
Short Essay Questions
1. What breakthrough does Helen make when she analyzes love poems?
2. Describe Richard's progress on his new book.
3. What does Diana Hartrick tell Richard at lunch?
4. What does Richard begin to use in training implementation B?
5. What does Helen start to want to see images of?
6. What was happening with Richard and C. at the time that Richard published his first book?
7. What kind of response does Richard find himself getting from Helen in Section VIII?
8. Who is the main character, and what is he doing as the book begins?
9. What does Richard feel about participating in Lentz's project?
10. What were Richard's thoughts about getting married when he was with C.?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Where does a conception of evil come from, and how did Richard learn it? Does he effectively teach it to Helen?
Essay Topic 2
Richard and Helen are both creatures (in addition to the author) who live by making things with words. What are the advantages of creating worlds with words, and what are the disadvantages?
Essay Topic 3
Richard writes a book and Diana calls it misanthropic. Is "Galatea 2.2" a misanthropic novel? If so, what is the cause of its misanthropy? If not, what is the cause of its affection for mankind?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)