|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard read to implementation H?
(a) Anything he can think of.
2. How does Richard describe the experiment with Helen to A.?
3. How was C. different in the Netherlands than she was in the U.S.?
(b) More thoughtful.
(c) More materialistic.
(d) More reticent.
4. Where did Richard and C. live in the Netherlands?
5. What does Richard say he was trying to live with C.?
(a) Contingent love.
(b) Improvised love.
(c) Traditional marriage.
(d) Open marriage.
6. What does Helen have to be able to do in order to analyze literature?
7. What does Richard say writers should never hope to do?
(a) Win critical praise.
(b) Get famous.
(c) Create living works.
(d) Make money.
8. What did C's letters to Richard contain?
(a) Recipes from home.
(b) Insights into his books.
(c) Details about her affairs.
(d) Stories from her mother.
9. What is the downside of Richard's work in C.'s experience?
(a) She speaks in artificial literary language.
(b) She loses her connection to the real world.
(c) She comes to mistake his characters' lives for her own.
(d) She forgets her own language.
10. What was the lovemaking like at the end of Richard's relationship with C.?
11. What is C.'s family like?
12. In what did C. try to get a certificate?
13. What happened after the success of Richard's book 'Gold Bug'?
(a) He broke off with C.
(b) He and C. became engaged.
(c) He convinced C. to move back to the U.S. with him.
(d) His relationship with C. diminished.
14. When did Richard's relationship with C. end?
(a) When she found out that she was not in fact pregnant.
(b) When she had her baby.
(c) When she found out that she could not have a baby with Richard.
(d) When she became pregnant by another man.
15. What does Richard attend in Section VII?
(a) A lecture by Lentz.
(b) A demonstration of one of Lentz's implementations.
(c) Dinner with Diana.
(d) A service for Lentz's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does implementation F develop the ability to do?
2. What realm does Richard say Lentz has entered?
3. What does Richard teach Helen to do?
4. Whose influence does Richard talk about over coffee?
5. What story is Helen able to decipher when Richard reads it to her?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)