|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Helen's reaction to A.?
(a) She will not talk with her.
(b) She describes her as a combination of literary characters.
(c) She analyzes Richard's relationship with her.
(d) She compares her to C.
2. What does Richard's work do for C.?
(a) Gives her an excuse to feel affection for things.
(b) Gives her a world in which to live.
(c) Shows her things about the world.
(d) Describes her to herself.
3. What caused C. to come home in tears when she lived with Richard in the Netherlands?
(a) Being older than other students.
(b) Her distaste for business studies.
(c) Her inability to master the material of her certification program.
(d) Her longing for home.
4. How does Richard crash implementation E?
(a) None of the answers is correct.
(b) By asking contradictory questions.
(c) By asking what it wants to talk about.
(d) By asking it two questions at once.
5. What kind of trauma did Audrey suffer?
(b) Fits of insanity.
(c) Memory loss.
6. What causes Richard to come home in tears?
(a) Sadness over the imminent breakup with C.
(b) Frustration with the Dutch language.
(c) Desire for marriage with C.
(d) Nostalgia for the U.S.
7. What story is Helen able to decipher when Richard reads it to her?
(a) "The Emperor's New Clothes".
(b) "The Iliad".
(d) The story of Moses.
8. Though he finds it easier to talk to Helen, whom does Richard want to talk to instead?
9. What does Richard begin to appreciate as he continues to work with Helen?
(a) How robots will never be human-like if they cannot have physical experiences.
(b) How consciousness that is not rooted in physical experience is merely ethereal.
(c) How formative physical experience is.
(d) How consciousness elevates people above material life.
10. What does Lentz recommend Richard teach to Helen?
(c) Books others will pick.
11. What did C. do to make Richard love her?
(a) Give him support in his work.
(b) Tend to her own unique perspective in her work.
(c) Adjust her life to his.
(d) Admire his writing.
12. What did Harold Plover realize his daughter was talking about when she was pointing at things?
(c) The things themselves.
13. What does Richard tell Philip Lentz about Helen in section X?
(a) She is alive.
(b) She is conscious.
(c) She is at war with herself.
(d) She is unhappy.
14. What is the consequence of C.'s response to Richard's work?
(a) She loses a competition for funding for her work.
(b) She loses passion for her own.
(c) She makes herself miserable and alienates herself from her family.
(d) She gives up all her time for her own work.
15. What were Richard's thoughts about having children when he was with C.?
(a) He wanted them, but C. did not.
(b) He wanted them, but in the future.
(c) He did not want them.
(d) He felt he had missed his chance to have them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Richard fall in love with C.?
2. What kind of accident led the condition of Lentz's wife?
3. What does Richard realize about the things he could teach Helen?
4. What does Helen make Richard see about consciousness?
5. How does Richard see similarities between Lentz's relationship with his wife and his work with the implementations?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)