|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused C. to come home in tears when she lived with Richard in the Netherlands?
(a) Being older than other students.
(b) Her distaste for business studies.
(c) Her longing for home.
(d) Her inability to master the material of her certification program.
2. What does Richard begin to understand about C. when they live in the Netherlands together?
(a) Her need for family.
(b) His own role as a writer with a strong family.
(c) Her longing for the landscape.
(d) Her difficulties with American culture.
3. What does Richard attend in Section VII?
(a) Dinner with Diana.
(b) A service for Lentz's wife.
(c) A lecture by Lentz.
(d) A demonstration of one of Lentz's implementations.
4. When did Richard's relationship with C. end?
(a) When she found out that she could not have a baby with Richard.
(b) When she found out that she was not in fact pregnant.
(c) When she had her baby.
(d) When she became pregnant by another man.
5. What kind of thinking does implementation F demonstrate?
6. Whom does Richard invite out for coffee?
(c) Harold Plover.
(d) Harold Plover's daughter Mina.
7. What does the crash of implementation E lead Philip Lentz to develop?
(a) A secondary input processing device for the implementation.
(b) Eyes for the implementations.
(c) Implementation F.
(d) A theory of dissonance.
8. What do Richard and C. do to relieve the tension in their relationship?
(a) Speak with each other only as needed.
(d) Make love.
9. What kind of trauma did Audrey suffer?
(b) Memory loss.
(d) Fits of insanity.
10. How does Richard describe the experiment with Helen to A.?
11. What does Diana tell Richard about having read?
(a) His book.
(b) Theoretical works about robot consciousness.
(c) Articles on neural activity.
(d) Technical reviews of Lentz's work.
12. What is C.'s family like?
13. What does Lentz argue about Helen's mindset?
(a) She has begun to create meaning independently.
(b) Her attempts at meaning are more meaningful than the results.
(c) Her meanings are random combinations of notions.
(d) All her meanings are Richard's meanings.
14. What causes Richard to come home in tears?
(a) Desire for marriage with C.
(b) Frustration with the Dutch language.
(c) Nostalgia for the U.S.
(d) Sadness over the imminent breakup with C.
15. Where does Lentz take Richard?
(a) The cemetery where his wife is buried.
(b) The long-term care facility where his wife lives.
(c) The mental hospital where his wife lives.
(d) The house where his wife lives with another man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard say he was trying to live with C.?
2. What insight does Richard make about writers?
3. What does Richard give Philip Lentz as evidence for this assertion?
4. What does implementation F develop the ability to do?
5. What does Diana call Richard's book?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)