Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lentz take Richard?
(a) The mental hospital where his wife lives.
(b) The house where his wife lives with another man.
(c) The cemetery where his wife is buried.
(d) The long-term care facility where his wife lives.
2. What does Richard tell Philip Lentz about Helen in section X?
(a) She is conscious.
(b) She is at war with herself.
(c) She is alive.
(d) She is unhappy.
3. What does Lentz do as a result of Helen's response during his and Richard's argument?
(a) Give Helen more scientific and philosophical texts.
(b) Ask A. out for coffee.
(c) Reconsider his conclusion about Helen's consciousness.
(d) Spend less time with Helen.
4. What condition does Richard impose on doing any more work for Philip Lentz?
(a) He wants Lentz to apologize for deceiving him.
(b) He wants to know the secret of programming the algorithms.
(c) He wants to know where Lentz is getting his funding.
(d) He wants to know the story of Lentz and his wife.
5. What does Richard begin to understand about C. when they live in the Netherlands together?
(a) Her need for family.
(b) Her difficulties with American culture.
(c) His own role as a writer with a strong family.
(d) Her longing for the landscape.
6. What kind of trauma did Audrey suffer?
(a) Memory loss.
(b) Fits of insanity.
7. How does Richard crash implementation E?
(a) None of the answers is correct.
(b) By asking it two questions at once.
(c) By asking contradictory questions.
(d) By asking what it wants to talk about.
8. What does Richard teach Helen to do?
(a) Categorize poems.
(b) Create images from poems.
(d) Feel a poem.
9. What does Richard's work do for C.?
(a) Describes her to herself.
(b) Gives her a world in which to live.
(c) Gives her an excuse to feel affection for things.
(d) Shows her things about the world.
10. What was the lovemaking like at the end of Richard's relationship with C.?
11. What were Richard's thoughts about having children when he was with C.?
(a) He did not want them.
(b) He wanted them, but C. did not.
(c) He felt he had missed his chance to have them.
(d) He wanted them, but in the future.
12. What does Lentz recommend Richard teach to Helen?
(b) Books others will pick.
13. What does Richard fantasize about while training Helen?
(a) Getting a surprise visit from C.
(b) Writing to C.
(c) Meeting Helen in human form.
(d) Meeting with A.
14. What does Helen conclude from reading William Blake's 'Poison Tree'?
(a) Man has created fictional absolutes to live by.
(b) Life is a gray area between absolutes.
(c) Writing is its own form of artificial intelligence.
(d) Life can be reduced to black and white decisions.
15. What is C's response as Richard buries himself in his work?
(a) She is aloof from him.
(b) She devotes herself to filling his needs.
(c) She is critical.
(d) She is supportive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Richard fall in love with C.?
2. Though he finds it easier to talk to Helen, whom does Richard want to talk to instead?
3. What does Diana tell Richard about having read?
4. What does Lentz tell Richard he is doing with Helen?
5. What does Richard attend in Section VII?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)