|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Richard fall in love with C.?
(a) Her vulnerability.
(b) Her visions.
(c) Her ability to console him.
(d) Her strength of character.
2. What realm does Richard say Lentz has entered?
(a) Pure facts.
(b) Speculative fantasy.
3. What does Richard teach Helen to do?
(a) Feel a poem.
(b) Create images from poems.
(c) Categorize poems.
4. What does Richard fantasize about while training Helen?
(a) Writing to C.
(b) Getting a surprise visit from C.
(c) Meeting with A.
(d) Meeting Helen in human form.
5. What is Helen's favorite poem?
(a) 'Evening Hymn'.
(b) 'Poison Tree'.
(c) 'The Most of It'.
(d) 'Because I would not stop for death'.
6. What is C.'s family like?
7. What did Richard's letters to C. contain?
(a) Details of his affairs.
(b) Declarations of love.
(c) Memories of their time together.
(d) Criticisms of her work.
8. What does Richard say he was trying to live with C.?
(a) Open marriage.
(b) Traditional marriage.
(c) Improvised love.
(d) Contingent love.
9. What were Richard's thoughts about having children when he was with C.?
(a) He felt he had missed his chance to have them.
(b) He did not want them.
(c) He wanted them, but in the future.
(d) He wanted them, but C. did not.
10. What does Richard realize Helen is able to distinguish?
(a) Echoes and associations.
(c) Other people in the room.
(d) References to current events.
11. How does Richard crash implementation E?
(a) None of the answers is correct.
(b) By asking it two questions at once.
(c) By asking what it wants to talk about.
(d) By asking contradictory questions.
12. What does Richard tell Philip Lentz about Helen in section X?
(a) She is at war with herself.
(b) She is conscious.
(c) She is unhappy.
(d) She is alive.
13. What caused C. to come home in tears when she lived with Richard in the Netherlands?
(a) Being older than other students.
(b) Her longing for home.
(c) Her distaste for business studies.
(d) Her inability to master the material of her certification program.
14. What does Lentz create for implementation F?
(a) A new protocol for prioritizing connections in the neural net.
(b) A paradigm for streamlining the time it takes for data to traverse the neural net.
(c) A new algorithm to increase the number of connections in the neural net.
(d) A new procedure for building future implementations.
15. What does implementation F develop the ability to do?
(d) Test hypotheses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard think Helen will never be able to grasp?
2. In what did C. try to get a certificate?
3. Where does Lentz take Richard?
4. What does Helen ask Richard?
5. What kind of accident led the condition of Lentz's wife?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)