|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What insight does Richard make about writers?
(a) They have all wanted to possess their mothers.
(b) They have all disappointed their fathers.
(c) They have all created imaginary siblings for themselves.
(d) They have all wanted to murder their fathers.
2. How does Richard think about his letters to C.?
(a) Revenge for her affairs.
(b) Repayment for the stories she told him.
(c) Consolation for her losses.
(d) Acts of devotion to her.
3. What does Diana tell Richard about having read?
(a) Theoretical works about robot consciousness.
(b) His book.
(c) Articles on neural activity.
(d) Technical reviews of Lentz's work.
4. What kind of thinking does implementation F demonstrate?
5. What did Harold Plover realize his daughter was talking about when she was pointing at things?
(b) The things themselves.
6. Where did Richard and C. live in the Netherlands?
7. How does Richard crash implementation E?
(a) None of the answers is correct.
(b) By asking it two questions at once.
(c) By asking what it wants to talk about.
(d) By asking contradictory questions.
8. What does Richard's work do for C.?
(a) Gives her a world in which to live.
(b) Describes her to herself.
(c) Gives her an excuse to feel affection for things.
(d) Shows her things about the world.
9. How does Richard describe the experiment with Helen to A.?
10. Whom does Richard invite out for coffee?
(a) Harold Plover's daughter Mina.
(d) Harold Plover.
11. What was C.'s experience of certification?
(a) A waste of time.
(b) A life-changing event.
(c) A disaster.
(d) A mixed blessing.
12. What does Richard feel about C.'s coming home in tears?
(a) The tears are necessary in this kind of experience.
(b) She should toughen up.
(c) The phase will pass.
(d) It is his fault.
13. What caused C. to come home in tears when she lived with Richard in the Netherlands?
(a) Her inability to master the material of her certification program.
(b) Being older than other students.
(c) Her longing for home.
(d) Her distaste for business studies.
14. What does Richard say Lentz has left behind him?
(c) Solid research.
15. What causes Richard to come home in tears?
(a) Desire for marriage with C.
(b) Frustration with the Dutch language.
(c) Sadness over the imminent breakup with C.
(d) Nostalgia for the U.S.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Helen's favorite poem?
2. What does Richard begin to appreciate as he continues to work with Helen?
3. What does Helen need to do, in order to win the contest?
4. What does Richard teach Helen to do?
5. What does implementation F develop the ability to do?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)