|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What behavior of Richard's does Helen emulate?
(a) How he asks questions.
(b) How he visualizes his reading.
(c) How he pauses between passages.
(d) How he hums to himself as he reads.
2. What does Richard say he was trying to live with C.?
(a) Open marriage.
(b) Improvised love.
(c) Traditional marriage.
(d) Contingent love.
3. What did Richard and C. decide when she went back to the Netherlands?
(a) They would probably never see each other again.
(b) They would try some time apart, and reassess their relationship after a year.
(c) He would move with her.
(d) He would follow after her.
4. What is Helen's favorite poem?
(a) 'Poison Tree'.
(b) 'Evening Hymn'.
(c) 'Because I would not stop for death'.
(d) 'The Most of It'.
5. What realm does Richard say Lentz has entered?
(a) Speculative fantasy.
(c) Pure facts.
6. How was C. different in the Netherlands than she was in the U.S.?
(b) More thoughtful.
(c) More reticent.
(d) More materialistic.
7. What kind of trauma did Audrey suffer?
(b) Fits of insanity.
(d) Memory loss.
8. What does implementation F do as Richard trains it?
(a) Create redundant data paths.
(b) Shut down certain circuits.
(c) Build new circuits.
(d) Rearrange its circuitry.
9. What do Richard and Harold Plover discuss in section VIII?
(b) Plover's daughters.
10. How does Richard describe the experiment with Helen to A.?
11. What did Harold Plover realize his daughter was talking about when she was pointing at things?
(a) The things themselves.
12. What caused C. to come home in tears when she lived with Richard in the Netherlands?
(a) Being older than other students.
(b) Her longing for home.
(c) Her inability to master the material of her certification program.
(d) Her distaste for business studies.
13. What does Richard feel about C.'s coming home in tears?
(a) The tears are necessary in this kind of experience.
(b) She should toughen up.
(c) The phase will pass.
(d) It is his fault.
14. What does Richard fantasize about while training Helen?
(a) Getting a surprise visit from C.
(b) Meeting Helen in human form.
(c) Writing to C.
(d) Meeting with A.
15. What does Richard tell Philip Lentz about Helen in section X?
(a) She is conscious.
(b) She is alive.
(c) She is at war with herself.
(d) She is unhappy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard give Philip Lentz as evidence for this assertion?
2. What does Diana call Richard's book?
3. What kind of thinking does implementation F demonstrate?
4. What does Helen conclude from reading William Blake's 'Poison Tree'?
5. What does Helen need to do, in order to win the contest?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)