|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section VIII (pages 211-240).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which literary term describes the story about C.?
2. What does Richard suggest to Philip Lentz as a result of his conversation with Diana?
(a) Ears for the implementations.
(b) Eyes for the implementations.
(c) New avenues for funding.
(d) Emotional histories for the implementations.
3. What was Richard admitted to after he parted with C.?
(a) A Ph.D. program.
(b) A think tank.
(c) A teaching job.
(d) A research position.
4. What does implementation F develop the ability to do?
(a) Test hypotheses.
5. About what kind of advances does Diana tell Richard?
(a) Imaging technology that allows localization of neuron activity.
(b) Programming protocols for testing hypotheses.
(c) Connectivity protocols that reduce bottlenecks.
(d) Memory protocols to give machines awareness of the tasks they execute.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does C. not join Richard in his plans?
2. What did Richard's letters to C. contain?
3. Philip Lentz's tirade make Richard think of _____.
4. What was C.'s experience of certification?
5. With whom does Richard have an encounter at the end of section IV?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)