|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section IV (pages 91-119).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Richard having difficulty with in the present moment, in the beginning of section II?
(a) Getting paid.
(b) Getting in touch with his editor.
(c) Remembering things.
(d) Devising a plot for his next novel.
2. What does Richard think about after the scene of Philip Lentz's experiment?
(a) The sadness of being human.
(b) The text Lentz chose.
(c) The abilities of robots.
(d) His first year with C.
3. To what does Diana Hartrick invite Richard?
(a) A drink.
(c) A lecture.
(d) A weekend away.
4. What are Philip Lentz and his friends discussing when Richard joins them?
(a) When the global economy will collapse.
(b) Whether a person can comprehend the full extent of his or her reading.
(c) Whether a machine could read philosophy.
(d) What kind of progress remains to be made in astrophysics.
5. Why has this person come to talk to Richard in Section II?
(a) To support Philip Lentz's theories.
(b) To put Philip Lentz in his place.
(c) To sooth his loneliness.
(d) To enlist him in arguing against Philip Lentz.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ram Gupta?
2. What does Richard think about after he gets the invitation from Diana Hartrick?
3. What does Richard say was a mother's consolation prize?
4. How does Richard describe the pathways in the neural net in back propagation?
5. What is Philip Lentz starting to use as he works on implementation B?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)