|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section IV (pages 91-119).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What got Richard this position?
(a) The renown of his Pulitzer Prize.
(b) The brilliance of his lectures.
(c) The notoriety of his most recent book.
(d) A friend with connections.
2. What is the connection in the articles Philip Lentz gives Richard?
(a) Destabilization of currencies.
(b) Neural nets.
(c) Climate change.
(d) Ecological interconnection.
3. For how long were Richard and C. happy together?
(a) Six months.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Seven years.
(d) Two years.
4. What kind of research is Philip Lentz conducting?
(a) Experimenting with sound waves.
(b) Teaching semiconductors to simulate neurons.
(c) Building a computer for handling extremely large calculations.
(d) Making a mathematical model for consciousness.
5. What is Richard worried about after his lunch with Philip Lentz and the others?
(a) His project failing.
(b) Science stagnating.
(c) Imminent political instability.
(d) Economic collapse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Philip Lentz and his friends discussing when Richard joins them?
2. What does Richard attempt to do as he settles in to his new home?
3. What does Richard finish in the beginning of section II?
4. What did Richard realize when C. heard that her parents were moving?
5. What does Philip Lentz say about implementation B?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)