|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section IV (pages 91-119).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which literary term describes the story about C.?
2. Where does Richard draw the characters for his novels?
(a) His family.
(b) His lovers and their time together.
(c) His ex-lovers' families.
(d) His family history.
3. Of what does Richard say he is afraid?
(a) Failing in his writing.
(b) Losing his savings.
(c) Wasting his opportunities.
(d) Realizing his dreams.
4. How does Harold Plover treat Richard at lunch?
(a) He encourages him.
(b) He confides in him.
(c) He baits him.
(d) He insults him.
5. Why is Richard upset by his lunch with Philip Lentz and others?
(a) He is afraid for the state of modern science.
(b) He cannot forget the hurt feelings felt by the people Lentz insults.
(c) He is terrified by the fragility of the current peace.
(d) He is concerned that the others' research is overlooking one vital principle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Richard meet C.?
2. How does Richard describe the pathways in the neural net in back propagation?
3. What does Richard attempt to do as he settles in to his new home?
4. What happened near the time Richard published his first book?
5. Where does Richard try to draw stories out of people?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)