|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II (pages 31-64.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard attempt to do as he settles in to his new home?
(a) Fade into anonymity.
(b) Get straight to work.
(c) Introduce himself to everyone.
(d) Listen to all the gossip around him.
2. What is Richard having difficulty with in the present moment, in the beginning of section II?
(a) Getting in touch with his editor.
(b) Devising a plot for his next novel.
(c) Getting paid.
(d) Remembering things.
3. How does Philip Lentz refer to Richard in their second meeting?
(d) Little Marcel.
4. What does Richard say about the machine Philip Lentz built?
(a) Lentz was training it to recognize beauty.
(b) It contained the immense distances of open space.
(c) It recognizes him when he returns to the room.
(d) It replicates consciousness.
5. Where does Richard try to draw stories out of people?
(a) Lectures at the center.
(b) The supermarket.
(c) A local bar.
(d) Phone calls to his friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what do Richard's attempts at conversation lead him?
2. Where does Richard move to, at the beginning of "Galatea 2.2"?
3. Where does Richard draw the characters for his novels?
4. What was C.'s job?
5. What does Richard do at his office night?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)