|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II (pages 31-64.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of research is Philip Lentz conducting?
(a) Teaching semiconductors to simulate neurons.
(b) Building a computer for handling extremely large calculations.
(c) Making a mathematical model for consciousness.
(d) Experimenting with sound waves.
2. How does Richard refer to Philip Lentz in their second meeting?
3. What does Richard attempt to do as he settles in to his new home?
(a) Get straight to work.
(b) Introduce himself to everyone.
(c) Fade into anonymity.
(d) Listen to all the gossip around him.
4. Who comes over to talk to Richard in Section II?
(a) Diana Hartrick.
(b) Philip Lentz.
5. Where does Richard see Philip Lentz?
(a) Drinking alone.
(b) In the middle of a crowd of people discussing theory.
(c) On the edge of a crowd watching music.
(d) Drinking with an attractive woman who seems to be a student.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard do at his office night?
2. Why has this person come to talk to Richard in Section II?
3. What does Richard say was a mother's consolation prize?
4. What is Richard working on at this new appointment?
5. To what do Richard's attempts at conversation lead him?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)