|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section X (pages 273-300).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is implementation A?
(a) A machine that can be conditioned.
(b) A recording device for unheard sounds.
(c) A tool for analyzing consciousness.
(d) A robot.
2. What does Richard translate Diana's insight into?
(a) The concept of symbolic grounding.
(b) A theory of machine emotions.
(c) Despair about the project.
(d) The imperative to teach the implementations pronunciation.
3. What does Richard teach Helen?
4. What is the first step in back propagation?
(a) Program a computer to distribute information.
(b) Input data to a neural net.
(c) Build a network of supercomputers.
(d) Train a computer network to find data.
5. What is the consequence of C.'s response to Richard's work?
(a) She gives up all her time for her own work.
(b) She makes herself miserable and alienates herself from her family.
(c) She loses passion for her own.
(d) She loses a competition for funding for her work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Diana invite Richard to after chastising him?
2. How does Philip Lentz respond when Diana Hartrick challenges him?
3. To what does Diana Hartrick invite Richard?
4. What does Richard realize Helen is able to distinguish?
5. What does Richard say Lentz has left behind him?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)