|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section IV (pages 91-119).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard attempt to do as he settles in to his new home?
(a) Listen to all the gossip around him.
(b) Introduce himself to everyone.
(c) Get straight to work.
(d) Fade into anonymity.
2. What happened near the time Richard published his first book?
(a) C. moved back to live with her parents.
(b) C. got pregnant.
(c) C. received a promotion.
(d) C. heard that her parents were moving.
3. What does Richard say about happiness, after Philip Lentz's experiment?
(a) He cannot tell whether he was happy in the past.
(b) He thinks that a computer will never know happiness until it can experience alienation.
(c) He knows that he was happy once.
(d) He does not think a computer will ever know happiness.
4. How does Philip Lentz refer to Richard in their second meeting?
(a) Little Marcel.
5. Where was Richard before he moved back to the U.S.?
(d) The Netherlands.
Short Answer Questions
1. Philip Lentz's tirade make Richard think of _____.
2. What is Richard doing at the beginning of section IV?
3. What is the first step in back propagation?
4. Where is Richard taking a position?
5. What does Richard do at his office night?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)