|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section VII (pages 181-210).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Richard realize when C. heard that her parents were moving?
(a) That she had a history she had hidden from him.
(b) That he did not know her well.
(c) That she was dying.
(d) That he loved her more than he had ever loved anyone.
2. What is Richard doing at the beginning of section IV?
(a) Thinking about C.
(b) Working on implementation B.
(c) Revising his novel.
(d) Talking with Diana Hartrick.
3. What is C.'s family like?
4. What does Philip Lentz say about implementation B?
(a) It needs to find its own energy sources.
(b) It needs to be able to teach itself how to solve problems.
(c) It needs to write its own programs.
(d) It needs to process its processing.
5. What did C. begin to feel about Richard's writing?
(a) That it was more important than anything she was doing.
(b) That it was more real than he was.
(c) That it was turning her into a character of his.
(d) That it was taking him away from her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Richard admitted to after he parted with C.?
2. What does Richard see in the photograph of Philip Lentz and his wife?
3. What does Richard decide in response to his discovery that Lentz deceived him?
4. Though he finds it easier to talk to Helen, whom does Richard want to talk to instead?
5. What was C.'s job?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)