|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section VII (pages 181-210).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Richard's job when he lived with C.?
(b) Tour guide.
(d) Museum guard.
2. What change does Philip Lentz make in implementation B?
(a) A decrease in retention ability.
(b) An increase in interconnections.
(c) An increase in retention ability.
(d) An increase in processor speeds.
3. What was C.'s reaction to Richard's storytelling?
(a) She was rapt.
(b) She was patient but uninterested.
(c) She was enthusiastic and collaborated with him as he told the stories.
(d) She pretended to be interested.
4. Of what does Richard say he is afraid?
(a) Realizing his dreams.
(b) Failing in his writing.
(c) Losing his savings.
(d) Wasting his opportunities.
5. What does Richard finish in the beginning of section II?
(a) Press materials for his current novel.
(b) A letter to C.
(c) His novel.
(d) A proposal for his next novel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that bothers Richard about Philip Lentz's deception?
2. What does Richard decide in response to his discovery that Lentz deceived him?
3. What did C. feel when her family told her that they were moving?
4. How does Harold Plover treat Richard at lunch?
5. Why does C. not join Richard in his plans?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)