|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section IX (pages 241-273).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Philip Lentz design into implementation F to let it think recursively?
(a) Access to images.
(b) Access to more texts.
(c) A rule structure.
(d) New circuitry.
2. Why does C. not join Richard in his plans?
(a) She just was accepted into a graduate program.
(b) She does not have enough money to come with him.
(c) She does not trust him.
(d) She is involved with someone.
3. What condition does Richard impose on doing any more work for Philip Lentz?
(a) He wants Lentz to apologize for deceiving him.
(b) He wants to know the secret of programming the algorithms.
(c) He wants to know where Lentz is getting his funding.
(d) He wants to know the story of Lentz and his wife.
4. What does implementation F do as Richard trains it?
(a) Shut down certain circuits.
(b) Rearrange its circuitry.
(c) Create redundant data paths.
(d) Build new circuits.
5. How does Harold Plover treat Richard at lunch?
(a) He encourages him.
(b) He confides in him.
(c) He insults him.
(d) He baits him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the crash of implementation E lead Philip Lentz to develop?
2. What did C's letters to Richard contain?
3. What happens if information that comes out of back propagation does not match the information put in?
4. What did Richard's letters to C. contain?
5. How does Philip Lentz respond when Diana Hartrick challenges him?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)