|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section IX (pages 241-273).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Richard upset by his lunch with Philip Lentz and others?
(a) He is afraid for the state of modern science.
(b) He is concerned that the others' research is overlooking one vital principle.
(c) He is terrified by the fragility of the current peace.
(d) He cannot forget the hurt feelings felt by the people Lentz insults.
2. How does Richard crash implementation E?
(a) None of the answers is correct.
(b) By asking it two questions at once.
(c) By asking what it wants to talk about.
(d) By asking contradictory questions.
3. Why did Richard fall in love with C.?
(a) Her vulnerability.
(b) Her ability to console him.
(c) Her visions.
(d) Her strength of character.
4. What does Lentz create for implementation F?
(a) A paradigm for streamlining the time it takes for data to traverse the neural net.
(b) A new procedure for building future implementations.
(c) A new protocol for prioritizing connections in the neural net.
(d) A new algorithm to increase the number of connections in the neural net.
5. To what does Richard compare implementation A?
(a) A loyal dog.
(b) A low-level amphibian.
(c) Someone with creative genius.
(d) Someone with autism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is implementation A?
2. How does Richard see similarities between Lentz's relationship with his wife and his work with the implementations?
3. What does implementation F develop the ability to do?
4. What is the first step in back propagation?
5. What does Richard think Helen will never be able to grasp?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)