|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object does Colonel Melk Tavares have with him when he interrupts the engineer talking to Malvina?
2. What threat does Malvina make when confronted by her father?
3. To what animal does Clemente compare Gabriela?
4. After experimenting with modernism, to what doctrine does Professor Josué convert?
5. How much does Mundinho pay for the tea set donated to the auction by Jerusa?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the symbol of the sofrÃª in Gabriela, Clove, and Cinnamon. What does this object represent? Why is this significant?
Essay Topic 2
How is kinship treated in Gabriela, Clove, and Cinnamon? Why is this a significant theme in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbol of the sandbar in Gabriela, Clove, and Cinnamon. What does this object represent? Why is this significant?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)