|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event coincides with Dr. Argileu Palmeira's lecture?
(a) A public debate.
(b) A state funeral.
(c) The circus.
(d) A movie premeire.
2. What does Colonel Manuel of the Jaguars offer Gabriela that makes her consider his proposition for the first time?
(a) A pair of patent leather shoes.
(b) A house on St. Sebastian Square.
(c) A diamond necklace.
(d) A piece of land.
3. To what does Colonel Altino attribute his decision to support Mundinho over Colonel Ramiro Bastos?
(c) The sandbar.
(d) High-backed chairs.
4. What happens to Aristóteles after leaving the hospital?
(a) He becomes gravely ill and dies.
(b) He is involved in a bus accident.
(c) He recovers and gains some weight.
(d) He is struck by lightning.
5. Who first suggests to Nacib that he hire Gabriela as the cook for the Commerce Restaurant?
(a) João Fulgêncio.
(b) Mundinho Falção.
(c) Dona Arminda.
(d) Tonico Bastos.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Fernand, the chef sent from Rio, originally from?
2. After experimenting with modernism, to what doctrine does Professor Josué convert?
3. Who escorts Gabriela home from Colonel Ramiro Bastos' house on the night of the manhunt?
4. Why does Gabriela think she might not like to marry Nacib, given the opportunity?
5. What special part is Gabriela asked to perform in the Three Kings pageant?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)