|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is driven by Christian charity to sit in the seat vacated by Dr. Alfredo's wife at the lecture on New Currents in Modern Literature?
(b) Father Basílio.
(c) Tonico Bastos.
(d) Professor Josué.
2. How does Colonel Melk Tavares punish his daughter for her disobedience?
(a) He beats her with a whip.
(b) He sends her to a convent.
(c) He burns her with a branding iron.
(d) He locks her in her room.
3. Which prostitute helps Nacib forget about Gabriela?
(a) Maria Machadão.
4. After experimenting with modernism, to what doctrine does Professor Josué convert?
5. How much does Mundinho pay for the tea set donated to the auction by Jerusa?
(a) Five hundred milreis.
(b) One hundred milreis.
(c) Five thousand milreis.
(d) One thousand milreis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What special part is Gabriela asked to perform in the Three Kings pageant?
2. What is the only thing that Malvina likes about Ilhéus?
3. Where does Colonel Ramiro Bastos spend most of his time?
4. Fagundes asks Gabriela to take a message to whom?
5. What literary nickname does Iracema give to Malvina?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)