|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the inherited property given to Dona Sinhàzinha by her father?
(a) A cabaret.
(b) A coconut plantation.
(c) A dentist's office.
(d) A cacao plantation.
2. What innovation will be introduced to Ilhéus in the new hotel?
(a) A swimming pool.
(b) An escalator.
(c) An elevator.
(d) A hot tub.
3. What socially recognized relationship does Father Basílio have with the children he fathered with Otália?
(a) He is their godfather.
(b) He is their stepfather.
(c) He is their close friend.
(d) He is their adoptive father.
4. What word does Gabriela use to describe Nacib that surprises him?
5. Who begins to pursue Risoleta's affections at the cabaret in front of Nacib?
(a) Tonico Bastos.
(b) Prince Sandra.
(c) Dr. Ezequiel.
(d) Mundinho Falção.
6. Who is the only person in the bar to openly express sadness at the killing of Dona Sinhàzinha?
(c) Professor Josué.
7. Who is Jacob the Russian's partner?
(a) Mundinho Falção
(c) Moacir Estrêla.
(d) The Doctor.
8. How does Dona Sinhàzinha's wake differ from Dr. Osmundo's wake?
(a) There is a closed casket at Dona Sinhàzinha's wake.
(b) Dona Sinhàzinha's wake takes place the day after Dr. Osmundo's.
(c) No one cries at Dr. Osmundo's wake.
(d) There are fewer visitors at Dona Sinhàzinha's wake.
9. What is Father Basílio's other occupation?
(b) Plantation owner.
10. According to Mundinho, who are the leading exporters of cacao in Ilhéus?
(a) Father Basílio and the Doctor.
(b) Colonel Ramiro Bastos and Nacib.
(c) The Kaufmanns and Stevenson.
(d) The Captain and Dona Arminda.
11. Jesuíno takes refuge after killing his wife and Osmundo in the house of ______________.
(a) Colonel Ramiro Bastos.
(b) Colonel Amâncio Leal.
(c) Colonel Manuel of the Jaguars.
(d) Colonel Coriolano Ribeiro.
12. To which organization do the high society women who walk barefoot in the procession belong?
(a) The Daughters of Mary.
(b) Sisters of Charity.
(c) The Progress Club.
(d) The Catholic Church.
13. According to the Doctor's book, what killed the poet Teodoro de Castro?
(a) A broken hip.
(b) A ruptured appendix.
(c) A broken heart.
14. After speaking to the Dos Reis sisters, where does Nacib begin his search for a cook?
(a) Unhão Hill.
(d) Seabra Plaza.
15. Whom does Nacib encounter in Seabra Plaza sunning himself?
(a) Colonel Manuel of the Jaguars.
(b) The Captain.
(c) Colonel Ramiro Bastos.
(d) Mundinho Falção.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose attendance at Dona Sinhàzinha's wake surprises the other mourners?
2. Where does Tonico Bastos work?
3. Who donates the photos of movie stars to the Dos Reis sisters' Nativity tableau?
4. Which distant ancestor of Dona Sinhàzinha is used to explain her tragic end?
5. What is Clemente's occupation?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)