Short Answer Questions
1. What crop is threatened by both lack of rain and excessive rain in Ilhéus in the year 1925?
2. Who is the patron saint of Ilhéus?
3. What is Father Basílio's other occupation?
4. To which organization do the high society women who walk barefoot in the procession belong?
5. What socially recognized relationship does Father Basílio have with the children he fathered with Otália?
6. Which character announces the end of the rain on the first clear morning?
This section contains 4,590 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)