|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Second Chapter: The Loneliness of Gloria, Sections titled Gabriela Asleep, Of Food and Funerals, A Parenthetical Story with a Moral, and The Banquet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who left the lipstick smears on Nacib's face and chest?
(c) Dona Arminda.
2. According to the Doctor's book, what killed the poet Teodoro de Castro?
(a) A ruptured appendix.
(b) A broken hip.
(c) A broken heart.
3. Whom does Tonico Bastos fear?
(a) His godfather.
(b) His brother.
(c) His wife.
(d) His father.
4. How does Dona Sinhàzinha's wake differ from Dr. Osmundo's wake?
(a) There are fewer visitors at Dona Sinhàzinha's wake.
(b) No one cries at Dr. Osmundo's wake.
(c) Dona Sinhàzinha's wake takes place the day after Dr. Osmundo's.
(d) There is a closed casket at Dona Sinhàzinha's wake.
5. Where do the male gossips gather in Ilhéus?
(a) The park.
(b) The plaza.
(c) The church.
(d) The Model Stationery Store.
Short Answer Questions
1. For his skill in what field is Colonel Ananias and Ivo known as The Tiger?
2. Who finances Clóvis Costa's project?
3. Where does Tonico Bastos work?
4. At the slave market, who offers Clemente a job?
5. How does Nacib receive Brazilian citizenship?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)