|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Second Chapter: The Loneliness of Gloria, Sections titled Gabriela Asleep, Of Food and Funerals, A Parenthetical Story with a Moral, and The Banquet.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who donates the photos of movie stars to the Dos Reis sisters' Nativity tableau?
(a) The students at the parochial school.
(b) The parishoners at the local church.
(c) Mundinho Falção.
(d) Colonel Ramiro Bastos.
2. Who is the proprietor of the Vesuvius Bar?
(a) Mundinho Falção.
(b) Jacob the Russian.
3. How do the Dos Reis sisters support themselves financially?
(b) Dancing in a cabaret.
(c) Rental properties and selling cakes and candies.
(d) Teaching elementary school.
4. To which organization do the high society women who walk barefoot in the procession belong?
(a) Sisters of Charity.
(b) The Progress Club.
(c) The Daughters of Mary.
(d) The Catholic Church.
5. Where will Anabela's dance performance take place?
(a) The town hall.
(b) The brothel.
(c) The movie theatre.
(d) The cabaret.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns the modern style house that is the subject of discussion among the intelligentsia at the Model Stationery Store?
2. Where do the male gossips gather in Ilhéus?
3. Where does Dona Arminda announce that she is going when she meets Gabriela?
4. What does Colonel Ramiro send Tonico to Rio to study?
5. What is Dr. Felismino's nickname?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)