|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Fourth Chapter: The Moonlight of Gabriela: Sections titled From the Artistocratic Ofenísia to the Plebeian Gabriela, with Divers Events and Thefts of Money, Of How Nacib Broke and Did Not Break the Unwritten Law, or How Mrs. Saad Became Gabriel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Gabriela uncomfortable at the New Year's Ball?
(a) She is too hot.
(b) Her dress is too tight.
(c) She is too cold.
(d) Her shoes pinch her big toe.
2. What innovation will be introduced to Ilhéus in the new hotel?
(a) A hot tub.
(b) A swimming pool.
(c) An escalator.
(d) An elevator.
3. Mundinho Falção announces his candidacy for what office?
(a) Head of the Municipal Council.
(d) Federal congressman.
4. What literary nickname does Iracema give to Malvina?
(a) The Black Widow.
(b) The Rose of Jerico.
(c) The Bronze Virgin.
5. Who brings a photographer to meet the engineer as he arrives in the harbor?
(a) Clóvis Costa.
(b) Colonel Ribeirinho.
(c) Mundinho Falção.
(d) Colonel Ramiro Bastos.
Short Answer Questions
1. To which two historical figures does the Doctor compare the men responsible for the burning of the Ilhéus Daily?
2. Who objects to Anabela the ballerina's performance on grounds of morality?
3. What event does Colonel Ramiro Bastos attend against his doctor's orders?
4. Who is the president of the Commercial Association?
5. What event coincides with Dr. Argileu Palmeira's lecture?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)