|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Fourth Chapter: The Moonlight of Gabriela: Sections titled From the Artistocratic Ofenísia to the Plebeian Gabriela, with Divers Events and Thefts of Money, Of How Nacib Broke and Did Not Break the Unwritten Law, or How Mrs. Saad Became Gabriel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Nacib owned the Vesuvius bar?
(a) Five years.
(b) Eighteen years.
(c) One year.
(d) Ten years.
2. What project does Clóvis Costa present to the Colonel, only to be rejected?
(a) Landscaping the parks.
(b) Building a new athletic field.
(c) Opening a new hospital.
(d) Establishing a daily newspaper.
3. Who advises Clemente to forget about Gabriela?
(a) Professor Josué.
(b) Colonel Melk Tavares.
4. Why is Dr. Demosthenes sent for after Colonel Altino's visit?
(a) Tonico Bastos has a heart attack.
(b) Colonel Ramiro Bastos has a heart attack.
(c) Colonel Ramiro Bastos has a fainting spell.
(d) Jerusa Bastos has a fainting spell.
5. What does Anabela ask the men at the bar to write for her?
(a) Opinions about her performance.
(b) A history of Ilhéus.
(d) Love letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Colonel Altino attribute his decision to support Mundinho over Colonel Ramiro Bastos?
2. What novel does Malvina purchase despite the fact that some consider the book to be inappropriate for girls to read?
3. What innovation will be introduced to Ilhéus in the new hotel?
4. Whom do Colonel Ramiro Bastos and his supporters decide to put up as a candidate for Mayor against the Captain?
5. Where will Anabela's dance performance take place?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)