|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Fourth Chapter: The Moonlight of Gabriela: Sections titled From the Artistocratic Ofenísia to the Plebeian Gabriela, with Divers Events and Thefts of Money, Of How Nacib Broke and Did Not Break the Unwritten Law, or How Mrs. Saad Became Gabriel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Father Basílio's other occupation?
(a) Plantation owner.
2. What word does Gabriela use to describe Nacib that surprises him?
3. Why does the Fagundes refrain from talking back to Colonel Melk Tavares when he is belittled?
(a) Melk has given him serious beatings.
(b) Melk rescued him from the police once.
(c) Melk has threatened to kill him.
(d) Melk pays him twice as much as the other workers.
4. Whom does Gabriela run into at the circus?
(a) The Doctor.
(b) Professor Josué.
(c) The Captain.
(d) Tonico Bastos.
5. What does Tonico Bastos counsel Nacib to do when Nacib confesses his love for Gabriela?
(a) Buy Gabriela her own house.
(b) Fire Gabriela.
(c) Marry Gabriela.
(d) Prohibit Gabriela from coming to the bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes frightened after hearing about the beating of the municipal employee and leaves Ilhéus?
2. With whom does Nacib go to Dr. Osmundo's wake?
3. What makes the Dos Reis sisters famous in Ilhéus?
4. Who is the object of Professor Josué's passionate love?
5. To what does Colonel Altino attribute his decision to support Mundinho over Colonel Ramiro Bastos?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)