|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Fourth Chapter: The Moonlight of Gabriela: Sections titled From the Artistocratic Ofenísia to the Plebeian Gabriela, with Divers Events and Thefts of Money, Of How Nacib Broke and Did Not Break the Unwritten Law, or How Mrs. Saad Became Gabriel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the bird that Nacib purchases for Gabriela?
(a) Gabriela's cat kills it.
(b) Gabriela sets it free.
(c) The bird escapes while Gabriela is cleaning its cage.
(d) Gabriela gives it to Dona Arminda.
2. What game does the Captain attempt to teach Gabriela?
(d) Old maid.
3. What role does Tuísca play in his circus performance?
(a) Lion tamer.
(c) Monkey trainer.
(d) The servant in The Clown's Daughter.
4. For his skill in what field is Colonel Ananias and Ivo known as The Tiger?
(d) Seducing women.
5. Where does Gloria live?
(a) Colonel Coriolano Ribeiro's plantation.
(b) In a brothel.
(c) Seabra Plaza.
(d) St. Sebastian Square.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nacib tell Mundinho that Colonel Ramiro Bastos called him?
2. Who brings news of Colonel Jesuíno's crime to those congregated at Nacib's bar?
3. To which two historical figures does the Doctor compare the men responsible for the burning of the Ilhéus Daily?
4. Who finances Clóvis Costa's project?
5. Whom does Jesuíno hire to defend him in the trial?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)