|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Fourth Chapter: The Moonlight of Gabriela, Sections titled Of an Inspired Bard and his Mundane Needs, Of Mrs. Saad's Conformity and Nonconformity, Of Candidates and Deep-Sea Divers, and The Man Hunt.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. All of Dr. Argileu Palmeira's poetry books are named after ______________.
(a) Greek gods and heroes.
(b) Brazilian beaches.
(c) Precious stones.
(d) Cities of the world.
2. Whom does Osmundo's father hire to help prosecute Colonel Jesuíno?
(a) Dr. Ezequiel Prado.
(b) João Fulgêncio.
(c) Dr. Maurício Caires.
(d) Dr. Rômulo Vieira.
3. Where will Anabela's dance performance take place?
(a) The brothel.
(b) The movie theatre.
(c) The cabaret.
(d) The town hall.
4. What event coincides with Dr. Argileu Palmeira's lecture?
(a) A public debate.
(b) A state funeral.
(c) The circus.
(d) A movie premeire.
5. What jobs are available in Ilhéus for men who have no trade?
(a) Constructing houses and other buildings.
(d) Working in the cacao warehouses or on the docks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gabriela express her gratitude for the gifts that Nacib brings her?
2. What part of the sandbar project do the townspeople never tire of watching?
3. Who objects to Anabela the ballerina's performance on grounds of morality?
4. Where does Gabriela usually leave the flower she wears behind her ear?
5. Where do the male gossips gather in Ilhéus?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)