|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Fourth Chapter: The Moonlight of Gabriela, Sections titled Of an Inspired Bard and his Mundane Needs, Of Mrs. Saad's Conformity and Nonconformity, Of Candidates and Deep-Sea Divers, and The Man Hunt.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gabriela eating the first time Clemente sees her?
(a) A mango.
(b) A guava.
(d) A banana.
2. What is the name of the Bastos' weekly newspaper?
(a) The Southern Weekly.
(b) The Southern Journal.
(c) The Ilhéus Weekly.
(d) The Ilhéus Journal.
3. With which family member does Gabriela travel to Ilhéus?
(a) Her mother-in-law.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her uncle.
4. Whom does Osmundo's father hire to help prosecute Colonel Jesuíno?
(a) João Fulgêncio.
(b) Dr. Rômulo Vieira.
(c) Dr. Ezequiel Prado.
(d) Dr. Maurício Caires.
5. What game does the Captain attempt to teach Gabriela?
(b) Old maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Felipe gets drunk once every year to commemorate what event?
2. What part of the sandbar project do the townspeople never tire of watching?
3. Who teaches Gabriela to wear a rose behind her ear?
4. Whom do Colonel Ramiro Bastos and his supporters decide to put up as a candidate for Mayor against the Captain?
5. What jobs are available in Ilhéus for men who have no trade?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)