1. What crop is threatened by both lack of rain and excessive rain in Ilhéus in the year 1925?
(c) Brazil nuts.
2. Who is the patron saint of Ilhéus?
(a) St. George.
(b) St. Ilhéus.
(c) St. John.
(d) St. Anthony.
3. What is Father Basílio's other occupation?
(a) Plantation owner.
4. To which organization do the high society women who walk barefoot in the procession belong?
(a) The Catholic Church.
(b) The Progress Club.
(c) The Daughters of Mary.
(d) Sisters of Charity.
5. What socially recognized relationship does Father Basílio have with the children he fathered with Otália?
(a) He is their close friend.
(b) He is their godfather.
(c) He is their stepfather.
(d) He is their adoptive father.
6. Which character announces the end of the rain on the first clear morning?
(a) Mundinho Falção.
(b) Colonel Jesuíno Mendonça.
(c) Colonel Ramiro Bastos.
(d) Colonel Manuel of the Jaguars.
This section contains 4,590 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)