* IlhÃ©us is suffering from lack of rain, and the cacao crop is being threatened.
* The townspeople of IlhÃ©us stage a procession for St. George's Day to pray for rain.
* The rains come and save the cacao crop, but excessive rain threatens the crop as well.
* The rains stop, and a record cacao crop characterizes the 1925-1926 season.
* Jacob the Russian and Moacir EstrÃªla establish a bus line between IlhÃ©us and Itabuna, cutting the travel time between the cities from 3 hours to 1.5 hours.
* Notable men in IlhÃ©us meet in the mornings at the...
This section contains 3,493 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)