|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is leading the super-industrial revolution?
(a) Scientific technology.
(b) Distribution channels.
(c) Government deregulation.
(d) Free trade associations.
2. What category are more relationships taking place in, according to Toffler?
(a) Committed relationships.
(b) Family relationships.
(c) Service relationships.
(d) Professional relationships.
3. What will lead to divorce in the society of the future?
(a) The development of digital pornography.
(b) The decline of religion.
(c) New fertility technologies.
(d) Partners reacting to change differently.
4. What is the consequence of people relocating their homes more often in super-industrial culture?
(a) People fear attachment to any one place.
(b) People stimulate the economy every time they move.
(c) People become super territorial over their possessions.
(d) People are happier when they can find the right place.
5. What will people want in the new economy Toffler imagines?
(a) New forms of leisure.
(b) Psychic gratification.
(c) Constant stimulation.
(d) Durable products.
6. How do many people treat change, as Toffler describes it?
(a) They find opportunity in it.
(b) They ignore it.
(c) They fight it.
(d) They invite it.
7. What does Toffler say has been a consequence of mobility in Europe?
(a) Spiritual stagnation.
(b) Worker shortages.
(c) Economic expansion.
(d) Political instability.
8. What kind of lifestyle does Toffler say is characterized by frequent moves?
(a) Corporate lifestyle.
(b) Illegal immigrant lifestyle.
(c) Middle-class lifestyle.
(d) Manual laborer lifestyle.
9. What feeling characterizes the person who lives in what Toffler calls the fast lane?
10. What does the amount of change in an organization contribute to, according to Toffler?
(a) Social mobility.
(b) High suicide rates.
(c) Greater wealth.
(d) Shorter-duration relationships.
11. What term does Toffler use to describe the future society?
(b) Technological totalitarianism.
(c) Transnational capitalism.
12. What caused migrations in America, in Toffler's account?
(a) The shift from industrialism to super-industrialism.
(b) The shift from exporting to importing.
(c) The rise of the middle class.
(d) The shift from producing to consuming.
13. What will happen to the current economic model in the future Toffler imagines?
(a) It will cause tension and conflict with the new model.
(b) It will cause turmoil as it dies out in the future.
(c) It will not be applicable.
(d) It will adapt to the new environment.
14. How does Toffler say technology will change pregnancy?
(a) Babies will be screened for diseases before birth.
(b) Babies will be nurtured outside the womb.
(c) Babies will be routinely born in only 7 months.
(d) Mothers will be able to breast-feed longer.
15. What feeling results from the development of Toffler's future culture?
Short Answer Questions
1. What industries does Toffler say will grow in the economy of the future?
2. What will companies manufacture in Toffler's future?
3. What techniques had Japan pioneered at the time of Toffler's writing?
4. What does Toffler say is the consequence of fast rates of change?
5. What does the automobile contribute to super-industrial culture?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)