|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Toffler say distinguishes people in cities from people in towns?
(a) They don't have the same affection for their environment.
(b) They don't have the same sense of loyalty to the place.
(c) They don't know their neighbors as well.
(d) They don't all shop in the same place.
2. What line will industries blur in the future, according to Toffler?
(a) Between reality and illusion.
(b) Between public and private.
(c) Between expenses and deductions.
(d) Between revenue and profit.
3. What does Toffler say is the consequence of fast rates of change?
(a) Greater pressure to adapt.
(b) Wider distribution of wealth.
(c) Sharper competitive edge.
(d) Shorter organizational lifespans.
4. What does Toffler say people get from mobility?
5. What is the reason for the shortening of relationships?
6. How does Toffler describe the "modular man's" relationships?
(a) They are optimized for efficiency.
(b) They are interchangeable based on roles.
(c) They are replicable from one place to another.
(d) They are limited to specific roles.
7. What will happen to the current economic model in the future Toffler imagines?
(a) It will not be applicable.
(b) It will cause turmoil as it dies out in the future.
(c) It will cause tension and conflict with the new model.
(d) It will adapt to the new environment.
8. What is leading the super-industrial revolution?
(a) Distribution channels.
(b) Free trade associations.
(c) Government deregulation.
(d) Scientific technology.
9. Who are a man's colleagues in the new kind of organization?
(a) His subordinates.
(b) His competitors.
(d) His professional peers.
10. What will companies manufacture in Toffler's future?
(a) Computer devices.
(b) Social services.
(d) Transportation networks.
11. What does Toffler say has become less important in commuter culture?
(d) Distance and place.
12. What symptom does Toffler describe as an aspect of future shock?
13. What does Toffler call the new management class?
14. What does Toffler call the worker in the new organization?
(a) Fraternal man.
(b) Associative man.
(c) Family man.
(d) Corporate man.
15. What is the benefit of cultural transience to manufacturers?
(a) Shorter product lives decrease the cost of materials.
(b) Fewer traditions makes for less loyal customers.
(c) Longer product lives build customer loyalty.
(d) Shorter product lives increase sales.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT a characteristic of the bureaucracy?
2. What term does Toffler use to describe the future society?
3. What do deeper relationships involve, in Toffler's account?
4. What is the consequence of high mobility, according to Toffler?
5. What kind of loyalty are the new kinds of organizations based on?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)