|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shift will take place in the future Toffler describes?
(a) From white-collar to blue-collar.
(b) From second-shift to third shift.
(c) From first-shift to second-shift.
(d) From blue-collar to white-collar.
2. What is the consequence of high mobility, according to Toffler?
(b) Political involvement.
(c) Non-involvement in the community.
(d) Class consolidation in the suburbs.
3. What will the changes of the future result in, as Toffler describes it?
(a) People not getting enough food.
(b) People not knowing what makes sense.
(c) People not having a say in their governments.
(d) People not being able to afford medical care.
4. What kind of lifestyle does Toffler say is characterized by frequent moves?
(a) Corporate lifestyle.
(b) Illegal immigrant lifestyle.
(c) Manual laborer lifestyle.
(d) Middle-class lifestyle.
5. What does Toffler say has been a consequence of mobility in Europe?
(a) Spiritual stagnation.
(b) Economic expansion.
(c) Political instability.
(d) Worker shortages.
Short Answer Questions
1. What feeling characterizes the person who lives in what Toffler calls the fast lane?
2. Which relationship is not one of the relationships Toffler describes as comprising social experience?
3. How has commuting changed in super-industrial culture?
4. Who are the people of the future in Toffler's definition?
5. What does Toffler say people get from mobility?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)