|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What feeling characterizes the person who lives in what Toffler calls the fast lane?
2. What is the benefit of cultural transience to manufacturers?
(a) Fewer traditions makes for less loyal customers.
(b) Shorter product lives increase sales.
(c) Shorter product lives decrease the cost of materials.
(d) Longer product lives build customer loyalty.
3. Where do people typically migrate, in America?
(a) To the suburbs.
(b) To where there are jobs.
(c) To the cities.
(d) To the exurbs.
4. What kind of lifestyle does Toffler say is characterized by frequent moves?
(a) Middle-class lifestyle.
(b) Illegal immigrant lifestyle.
(c) Corporate lifestyle.
(d) Manual laborer lifestyle.
5. What will changes in agriculture mean for the future Toffler foresees?
(a) Fewer workers will be needed.
(b) Food will be more nutritious.
(c) More processing will be necessary for food.
(d) Food will be poisoned with pesticides.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the consequence of high mobility, according to Toffler?
2. How do people learn to be aware of time, as Toffler describes it?
3. What does Toffler say has been a consequence of mobility in Europe?
4. What was it that attracted immigrants to America, according to Toffler?
5. What shift does the future bring, in Toffler's account?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)