|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do people typically migrate, in America?
(a) To where there are jobs.
(b) To the suburbs.
(c) To the cities.
(d) To the exurbs.
2. What does Toffler say has become less important in commuter culture?
(c) Distance and place.
3. Who are the people of the future in Toffler's definition?
(a) The black sheep of society.
(b) The people who resist the rat-race.
(c) The fast-paced people.
(d) The traditionalists.
4. What will changes in agriculture mean for the future Toffler foresees?
(a) Food will be more nutritious.
(b) More processing will be necessary for food.
(c) Fewer workers will be needed.
(d) Food will be poisoned with pesticides.
5. What makes future shock different than culture shock?
(a) Culture shock only lasts for a generation before assimilation takes place.
(b) Future shock is a cultural condition.
(c) Culture shock only happens in modern cultures.
(d) Future shock consists of familiar cues being replaced by unfamiliar cues.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the benefit of cultural transience to manufacturers?
2. What does Toffler say people get from mobility?
3. How does Toffler describe future shock?
4. How has commuting changed in super-industrial culture?
5. What kind of lifestyle does Toffler say is characterized by frequent moves?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)