|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What needs to change as people adapt to future culture?
(a) People's sense of how long things take.
(b) People's sense of how much work things require.
(c) People's sense of their relations.
(d) People's sense of what things cost.
2. What caused migrations in Europe, in Toffler's account?
(a) The shift from agriculture to manufacturing.
(b) The shift from agriculture to industrial society.
(c) The shift from natural to clock time.
(d) The expansion of the middle class.
3. What shift does the future bring, in Toffler's account?
(a) From industrialism to super-industrialism.
(b) From agriculture to high-technology.
(c) From industrialism to democracy.
(d) From democracy to totalitarianism.
4. What is the consequence of high mobility, according to Toffler?
(a) Class consolidation in the suburbs.
(c) Non-involvement in the community.
(d) Political involvement.
5. What feeling results from the development of Toffler's future culture?
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused migrations in America, in Toffler's account?
2. What symptom does Toffler describe as an aspect of future shock?
3. What effect does renting have on people, in Toffler's account?
4. What will changes in agriculture mean for the future Toffler foresees?
5. How do the social experiences Toffler defines register the development of culture?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)