|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Hard Spark," what does Quath sense above?
2. What happens to Toby and Quath after they stop falling from the esty?
3. What does the dwarf on the pyramid ask Toby?
4. How does Toby evade the mech sniffer in "Salvage?"
5. In "Casualties," what has been attacking the people?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Toby miss in "The Pain of Eternity?"
2. What is the rock of chaos?
3. Why does Quath think the birds in the Redoubt are a threat?
4. What is Toby doing at the end of "Rational Laughter?"
5. What is the message that the injured man has for Toby in "Casualties?"
6. In "Passing Currents," what does Toby realize about the storm he has just endured?
7. Describe the people that Toby first encounters in "Rational Laughter."
8. Describe the memories Toby has when he is in the maize field.
9. According to Quath, why is Toby's hand pinned to a rock in "Time's Grip?"
10. What do Toby and Quath do at the end of "The Esty Wind?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the Family Bishop's vocabulary enhance the story? Give at least three specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
What does Toby get from his Faces, Aspects, and Personality? Is he always happy with what he gets? Be sure to include specific examples with his Isaac Aspect and the Shibo Personality.
Essay Topic 3
Write about the history of the Family Bishop. Be sure to include information about their life on Snowglade and their previous battles with the mechs. Why is the Family so interested in decoding The Legacies?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)