|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Toby, what is the Families' only fashion indulgence?
2. In "Eating the Storm," what does Toby do after he feels a pulse of gravity up through his boots?
3. In "Hard Spark," what makes Quath jittery?
4. For what are Toby and Quath looking at the start of "The Rock of Chaos?"
5. What does Quath do when she sees a second bird in the Lane?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the rock of chaos?
2. How does Shibo try to stop Toby from removing her chip from his head?
3. In "Passing Currents," what does Toby realize about the storm he has just endured?
4. What happens at the end of "The Sea of Sands?"
5. Describe Toby's experience with Nigel in the last chapter of the book.
6. What is the message that the injured man has for Toby in "Casualties?"
7. In "Passing Currents," how does Toby describe the disturbance that flattened him?
8. In "Eating the Storm," what does Toby realize about the violence down the Lane?
9. Why does Quath think the birds in the Redoubt are a threat?
10. Describe the memories Toby has when he is in the maize field.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the author's writing style. What techniques does he use to create a compelling story? Give at least three specific examples.
Essay Topic 2
Write about the history of the Family Bishop. Be sure to include information about their life on Snowglade and their previous battles with the mechs. Why is the Family so interested in decoding The Legacies?
Essay Topic 3
How does the Family Bishop's vocabulary enhance the story? Give at least three specific examples from the book.
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)