|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Rock of Chaos," what happens when the timestone ruptures?
2. How does the Mantis communicate with Toby?
3. What does the stranger say to Toby at the start of "Casualties?"
4. With whom does Toby argue in "Unsettled Movement?"
5. According to Toby, what is the Families' only fashion indulgence?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the source of conflict between Toby and Shibo in "Unsettled Movement?"
2. Why do the mechs and argue in "Animal Spirits?"
3. In "Eating the Storm," what does Toby realize about the violence down the Lane?
4. Why does Quath think the birds in the Redoubt are a threat?
5. Describe what happens when Toby is attacked in "The Pain of Eternity."
6. Why do Toby and the Shibo Personality argue in "The Rock of Chaos?"
7. In "Passing Currents," how does Toby describe the disturbance that flattened him?
8. In "Unsettled Movement," what do Toby and Quath discuss?
9. Why is Toby surprised to sense the Mantis in "Hard Spark?"
10. Describe Toby's interaction with the bird in "Eating the Storm."
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Toby's life on Snowglade and his life on Argo. Are there more similarities or differences?
Essay Topic 2
How does the Family Bishop's vocabulary enhance the story? Give at least three specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Write about the history of the Family Bishop. Be sure to include information about their life on Snowglade and their previous battles with the mechs. Why is the Family so interested in decoding The Legacies?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)