|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Time's Grip," what does Toby notice about the first bird he sees in the Lane?
(a) It is actually a butterfly.
(b) It is "flying" on water.
(c) It has four wings.
(d) It is a predator hawk.
2. Who/what does Toby see in the beginning of "Phantoms?"
(a) The Argo.
(b) A pyramid.
(c) The Mantis.
3. What does the Mantis tell Toby about itself?
(a) It is an anthology intelligence.
(b) It is king of the mechs.
(c) It has Toby's best interests at heart.
(d) It knows everything.
4. How long has Walmsley been waiting for Toby?
(a) A millenium.
(b) Nearly fifty thousand years.
(c) Almost thirty thousand years.
(d) A million years.
5. What holds Toby to Quath as they fall from the esty?
(a) One of Quath's arms.
(b) Centrifugal force.
(d) A suction device.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Toby use his tools in "Eating the Storm?"
2. What injury does Toby sustain in "Hard Spark?"
3. What happens after a weight descends on Toby in "Eating the Storm?"
4. In "Animal Spirits," what happened during the time Toby was missing from the ship?
5. What does Toby do when he finds the dead bird that spoke to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Toby and Quath do at the end of "The Esty Wind?"
2. In "Hard Spark," why does Quath say that water is scarce?
3. Describe Toby's interaction with the bird in "Eating the Storm."
4. In "Unsettled Movement," what do Toby and Quath discuss?
5. Why does Quath think the birds in the Redoubt are a threat?
6. After Toby and Quath fall from the esty, why does Quath say the esty Lane is so unstable?
7. In "Mind Surgery," how does Toby go about healing himself?
8. In "Passing Currents," what does Toby realize about the storm he has just endured?
9. What does Killeen's image tell Toby?
10. Why do Toby and the Shibo Personality argue in "The Rock of Chaos?"
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)