|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Quath returns from her interrogation, what does she say Killeen wants from Toby?
(a) Toby's company.
(b) Shibo's Personality.
(c) A promise that Toby will stay on ship.
(d) An apology.
2. How was the man in "Casualties" injured?
(a) He fell down a well.
(b) He was beaten up.
(c) Something exploded near him.
(d) He was shot.
3. What makes Toby sick in "Hard Spark?"
(a) The thought that he may never find the Family Bishop.
(b) The thought of Shibo taking him over.
(c) Swaying rock and air.
(d) Something in the stream water.
4. What does the stranger say to Toby at the start of "Casualties?"
(a) That Abraham is here.
(b) That a man wants to talk with him.
(c) That he needs to leave before the mechs arrive.
(d) That Killeen is looking for him.
5. In "Rational Laughter," who/what does Toby flee?
(a) A violent storm.
(b) The Mantis.
(c) A mech attack.
(d) An angry mob.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Toby at the start of "Salvage?"
2. Who does Toby encounter in the beginning of "The Sea of Sand?"
3. In "Hard Spark," what makes Quath jittery?
4. What have the people in "Rational Laughter" survived?
5. What causes Toby's muscles to lock up in the Lane?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Mind Surgery," how does Toby go about healing himself?
2. Describe the people that Toby first encounters in "Rational Laughter."
3. What is the message that the injured man has for Toby in "Casualties?"
4. Why does Quath think the birds in the Redoubt are a threat?
5. In "Eating the Storm," what does Toby realize about the violence down the Lane?
6. What is the woman doing in the maize fields?
7. What do Toby and Quath do at the end of "The Esty Wind?"
8. What happens at the end of "The Sea of Sands?"
9. Describe the memories Toby has when he is in the maize field.
10. Describe what happens when Toby is attacked in "The Pain of Eternity."
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)