|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Toby do when he finds the dead bird that spoke to him?
(a) He burns it to ashes.
(b) He revives it.
(c) He buries it.
(d) He offers it to the Mantis.
2. What is Toby doing at the beginning of "Passing Currents?"
(a) Standing with his feet on either side of a crevice.
(b) Lying on the ground.
(c) Arching his body to let the energy in.
(d) Sitting in a pyramid.
3. After Quath returns from her interrogation, what does she say Killeen wants from Toby?
(a) An apology.
(b) Shibo's Personality.
(c) Toby's company.
(d) A promise that Toby will stay on ship.
4. In "Eating the Storm," what does Toby do after he feels a pulse of gravity up through his boots?
(a) He sits and waits for the Mantis.
(b) He turns his sensorium off.
(c) He fires his laser between his feet.
(d) He uses a torch to open the esty.
5. Who tells Toby a rhyme after Toby and Quath flee from the dead mech-bird?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the bird in "Eating the Storm?"
2. What have the people in "Rational Laughter" survived?
3. What does Toby tell Quath as they flee from the dead mech-bird?
4. What does Toby do to the woman who is stealing Aspects from the dead in the maize field?
5. In "Eating the Storm," what does Toby notice about the bird that lands nearby?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the injured man in "Casualties."
2. What is Toby doing at the end of "Rational Laughter?"
3. In "Eating the Storm," what does Toby realize about the violence down the Lane?
4. In "Animal Spirits," why does Toby run from Killeen and Cermo?
5. What is the source of conflict between Toby and Shibo in "Unsettled Movement?"
6. What does Killeen's image tell Toby?
7. Why do Toby and the Shibo Personality argue in "The Rock of Chaos?"
8. In "Hard Spark," why does Quath say that water is scarce?
9. What happens at the end of "The Sea of Sands?"
10. Describe Toby's experience with Nigel in the last chapter of the book.
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)