|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what family is the pyramid dwarf?
2. How long has Walmsley been waiting for Toby?
(a) Almost thirty thousand years.
(b) A million years.
(c) Nearly fifty thousand years.
(d) A millenium.
3. In "Mind Surgery," what does Toby take from his field kit?
(c) Fresh water.
4. What is the white patch that Toby sees in "The Sea of Sand?"
(a) White sand.
(b) Naked dead bodies.
(c) A pile of bones.
(d) A dwelling.
5. How was the man in "Casualties" injured?
(a) He was shot.
(b) He fell down a well.
(c) He was beaten up.
(d) Something exploded near him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Toby encounter in the beginning of "The Sea of Sand?"
2. In "Rational Laughter," who/what does Toby flee?
3. Why can't Toby move his hand when he awakens in the Redoubt?
4. What does the Mantis do with the things it kills?
5. What does Toby realize about the "Sea of Sands?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the end of "The Sea of Sands?"
2. What do Toby and Quath do at the end of "The Esty Wind?"
3. What does Toby miss in "The Pain of Eternity?"
4. What does Killeen's image tell Toby?
5. In "Mind Surgery," how does Toby go about healing himself?
6. Describe the injured man in "Casualties."
7. What is the message that the injured man has for Toby in "Casualties?"
8. In "The Sea of Sands," how does Toby learn that the Mantis has found him?
9. Why does Quath think the birds in the Redoubt are a threat?
10. In "Hard Spark," why does Quath say that water is scarce?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)