|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Unsettled Movement," how does Quath know that something is troubling Toby while he sleeps?
(a) Toby lets out blood-curdling screams while he sleeps.
(b) Quath reads Toby's face.
(c) One of Quath's subminds tells her so.
(d) Toby cries when he sleeps.
2. What does the Mantis tell Toby about itself?
(a) It is king of the mechs.
(b) It knows everything.
(c) It has Toby's best interests at heart.
(d) It is an anthology intelligence.
3. What image plays on Toby's retina as he recovers from his spark-induced injuries?
(a) The Mantis is attacking the Family Bishop.
(b) Toby is attending a celebration on Snowglade.
(c) Quath is fighting the Mantis.
(d) Toby is inside something with wheels that fly.
4. Who/what awakens Toby in "Time's Grip?"
(a) An odd sensation.
(c) A strange sound.
(d) Shibo's Personality.
5. In "The Esty Wind," to what does Quath compare construction in the esty?
(a) To volcanic eruption.
(b) To a blinking light.
(c) To sloughing of skin.
(d) To a rebirth.
6. In "Eating the Storm," what does Toby do after he feels a pulse of gravity up through his boots?
(a) He uses a torch to open the esty.
(b) He fires his laser between his feet.
(c) He turns his sensorium off.
(d) He sits and waits for the Mantis.
7. What does Toby tell Killeen's image?
(a) That he is all alone.
(b) That he removed Shibo's chip.
(c) That he had a revelation.
(d) That Quath was severely injured.
8. What are the conditions on the Redoubt?
9. Who tells Toby a rhyme after Toby and Quath flee from the dead mech-bird?
10. What does Quath do when she sees a second bird in the Lane?
(a) She eats it.
(b) She traps it.
(c) She shoots it.
(d) She grabs it.
11. What does Shibo's Personality tell Toby after Toby has fled from Killeen?
(a) That Toby must still honor his Family obligations.
(b) That Toby should proceed with caution.
(c) That Toby cannot handle her Personality any longer.
(d) That she wants to be with Killeen again.
12. What does Toby tell Quath as they flee from the dead mech-bird?
(a) "I must surrender."
(b) "I can't keep up."
(c) "I was wrong."
(d) "We need to get out of here."
13. Why does Quath think the birds are in the Lane?
(a) To carry toxins.
(b) To send signals to the mechs.
(c) To communicate with Toby.
(d) To distract Toby and Quath.
14. What does Toby realize in "Eating the Storm?"
(a) He has to try to kill the Mantis.
(b) He has to try to save the Family Bishop.
(c) He has to find Quath.
(d) He has to surrender.
15. Who does the injured man think Toby is?
(a) Someone important.
(b) A messenger.
(c) A member of the Family Bishop.
(d) A troublemaker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Toby do after he removes the Shibo chip?
2. In "The Rock of Chaos," what happens when the timestone ruptures?
3. What does the dwarf on the pyramid ask Toby?
4. How long has Walmsley been waiting for Toby?
5. Where does Toby shelter from the cold in "The Pain of Eternity?"
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)