|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Mind Surgery," what do the mechs want to do?
(a) Prevent Toby from reuniting with the Family Bishop.
(b) Destroy Argo and its members.
(c) Kill Quath.
(d) Find Toby and Killeen.
2. What does Toby realize in "Eating the Storm?"
(a) He has to try to kill the Mantis.
(b) He has to find Quath.
(c) He has to try to save the Family Bishop.
(d) He has to surrender.
3. What comes out of Quath after she is injured in "Hard Sparks?"
(a) A green gel.
(b) Grey blobs.
(c) Metal shards.
(d) Brown liquid.
4. What is the white patch that Toby sees in "The Sea of Sand?"
(a) Naked dead bodies.
(b) White sand.
(c) A pile of bones.
(d) A dwelling.
5. What holds Toby to Quath as they fall from the esty?
(a) One of Quath's arms.
(b) A suction device.
(c) Centrifugal force.
6. Why does Quath think the birds are in the Lane?
(a) To carry toxins.
(b) To communicate with Toby.
(c) To distract Toby and Quath.
(d) To send signals to the mechs.
7. In "Passing Currents," from where does Toby think the discharge that flattened him came?
(a) From the Argo.
(b) From inside himself.
(c) From the Mantis.
(d) From below.
8. What is Toby doing at the beginning of "Passing Currents?"
(a) Standing with his feet on either side of a crevice.
(b) Arching his body to let the energy in.
(c) Lying on the ground.
(d) Sitting in a pyramid.
9. Who does Toby encounter in the beginning of "The Sea of Sand?"
(a) Killeen and Cermo.
(b) An old wrinkled couple.
(c) A girl and her father.
10. Where does Toby shelter from the cold in "The Pain of Eternity?"
(a) Inside a slender tube.
(b) Inside a cave.
(c) Inside an oblong building.
(d) Inside a rubber flyer.
11. Who tells Toby a rhyme after Toby and Quath flee from the dead mech-bird?
12. In "The Esty Wind," to what does Quath compare construction in the esty?
(a) To volcanic eruption.
(b) To sloughing of skin.
(c) To a blinking light.
(d) To a rebirth.
13. Who emerges from the nearby trees while Quath and Toby are in the esty park?
(a) The Honor Guard.
(c) Killeen and Jocelyn.
(d) Killeen and Cermo.
14. What does Toby tell Quath as they flee from the dead mech-bird?
(a) "We need to get out of here."
(b) "I can't keep up."
(c) "I was wrong."
(d) "I must surrender."
15. Who/what does Toby see in the beginning of "Phantoms?"
(a) A pyramid.
(b) The Argo.
(d) The Mantis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the conditions on the Redoubt?
2. What information did the esty dwellers want from Quath?
3. What does Toby smell in "Salvage?"
4. After Toby removes the Shibo chip, what does he do to make himself harder to find?
5. What does Toby want to do in "Unsettled Movement?"
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)