|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the people in "Rational Laughter" treat Toby?
(a) They take care of him.
(b) They treat him as a curiosity.
(c) They ridicule him.
(d) They treat him as a traitor.
2. Why does Quath think the birds are in the Lane?
(a) To communicate with Toby.
(b) To send signals to the mechs.
(c) To distract Toby and Quath.
(d) To carry toxins.
3. What image plays on Toby's retina as he recovers from his spark-induced injuries?
(a) Quath is fighting the Mantis.
(b) Toby is attending a celebration on Snowglade.
(c) Toby is inside something with wheels that fly.
(d) The Mantis is attacking the Family Bishop.
4. In "Animal Spirits," what does think about the members of Argo?
(a) thinks they are insignicant forms.
(b) thinks they are valuable forms.
(c) thinks they are primitive and should be exterminated.
(d) thinks they pose a danger to the mechs.
5. Whose voice does Toby hear as he waits out the blizzard in "The Pain of Eternity?"
6. For what are Toby and Quath looking at the start of "The Rock of Chaos?"
(a) A pore-opening.
(c) A tree.
(d) A cave.
7. What happens to the bird in "Eating the Storm?"
(a) It transforms itself into Abraham.
(b) It is killed in the storm.
(c) It disappears.
(d) It turns into the Mantis.
8. What happens to Toby and Quath after they stop falling from the esty?
(a) They stop in the middle of a desert.
(b) They are swallowed up by a pinhole.
(c) They are arrested.
(d) They are tossed in separate directions.
9. What does the dwarf on the pyramid ask Toby?
(a) "Are you hungry?"
(b) "How'd you get here?"
(c) "Where've you been?"
(d) "Who are you?"
10. Who does Toby encounter in the beginning of "The Sea of Sand?"
(a) Killeen and Cermo.
(c) A girl and her father.
(d) An old wrinkled couple.
11. What does Toby think of the injured man's new face?
(a) It will not work out.
(b) It looks real.
(c) It looks like a mask.
(d) It reminds him of someone.
12. What is Toby doing at the beginning of "Passing Currents?"
(a) Lying on the ground.
(b) Sitting in a pyramid.
(c) Arching his body to let the energy in.
(d) Standing with his feet on either side of a crevice.
13. In "Hard Spark," what makes Quath jittery?
(a) She is injured.
(b) Uneven footing.
(c) A sense of being watched.
14. What does Quath do when she sees a second bird in the Lane?
(a) She grabs it.
(b) She shoots it.
(c) She traps it.
(d) She eats it.
15. What does Killeen's image tell Toby in the operational center?
(a) "Besen is sure dead."
(b) "I have found Abraham."
(c) "I am safe."
(d) "I need you."
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Walmsley been waiting for Toby?
2. Why can't Toby move his hand when he awakens in the Redoubt?
3. Why does Toby use his tools in "Eating the Storm?"
4. Who emerges from the nearby trees while Quath and Toby are in the esty park?
5. In "Mind Surgery," what do the mechs want to do?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)