|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Andro tell Toby they are at the end of "The Far Black?"
(a) Inside Andro's home.
(b) In the city.
(c) In a prison cell.
(d) In a reception cell.
2. At the end of "Honeycomb Home," what are Killeen's orders to Jocelyn?
(a) He orders her to take cover.
(b) He orders her to land on the black object.
(c) He orders her to ready the ship for attack.
(d) He orders her to follow the path suggested by the computer.
3. To what does Isaac compare the Cosmic Circle?
(a) A projectile.
(b) A knife.
(c) A whip.
(d) A geyser.
4. Where is Quath at the start of "The Shredded Star?"
(a) In the great hall.
(b) In her nest.
(c) On the hull.
(d) In the agro dome.
5. To where does Andro lead the humans on the esty?
(a) To a windowless factory.
(b) To a brown municipal building.
(c) To a pyramid-shaped stone.
(d) To a jail.
6. What is the first thing Killeen tells Monisque he wants to know?
(a) Who else lives on the esty.
(b) How to get off the esty.
(c) The history of the esty.
(d) The name of the esty's ruler.
7. What memories does Toby have as he walks the esty streets?
(a) Memories of his time on punishment.
(b) Memories of the Citadel.
(c) Memories of Quath.
(d) Memories of Besen.
8. Where is Argo at the beginning of "Deep Reality?"
(a) Plunging toward the Citadel.
(b) Plunging toward the ergosphere.
(c) Plunging through the Cosmic Circle.
(d) Plunging through the black hole.
9. What does Toby notice about the large, black object?
(a) It has structures that must have been built.
(b) It appears to be a mech device.
(c) It is actually very small up close.
(d) Creatures are living on it.
10. In "Lightning Life," who calls Isaac a pretender?
11. Who/what does Killeen hope to find at True Center?
(b) The Citadel.
(c) The Golden Orb.
12. With what does the judge on the esty charge the Bishops?
(a) Illegal entry.
(c) Violation of tax codes.
(d) Property damage.
13. About how old is the Chandelier, according to crew estimates in "Pale Immensities?"
(a) A hundred thousand years.
(b) Twenty thousand years.
(c) Ten thousand years.
(d) A thousand years.
14. What is the esty judge's name?
15. What else does Monisque want from Killeen?
(a) Killeen's Aspects.
(b) All the workers on the Argo.
(d) The Legacies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is communicating in "Frozen Star?"
2. In "The Shredded Star," what does Killeen ask Quath to do?
3. What does Toby do when he sees kids his own age on the esty streets?
4. What surprises Toby at the beginning of "Motes Such as You?"
5. What device does Quath's brethren carry?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)