|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What device does Quath's brethren carry?
(a) The Cosmic Circle.
(b) The Galactic Orb.
(c) The Infinite Sphere.
(d) The Eternal Web.
2. What does the Aspect Zeno say about the time pit?
(a) The mechs cannot enter it.
(b) Humans have been there.
(c) It is a dangerous place.
(d) Nothing is real there.
3. In "Honeycomb Home," to where do the computers direct Argo?
(a) Back across the ergosphere.
(b) To the black object.
(c) To just above the lip of the black hole.
(d) Inside the black hole.
4. Who/what are the Cyaneans?
(a) Another name for mechs.
(b) Things made by the mechs.
(c) A species of Aspects.
(d) Long-lost relatives of the Family Bishop.
5. At the end of "Honeycomb Home," what are Killeen's orders to Jocelyn?
(a) He orders her to ready the ship for attack.
(b) He orders her to take cover.
(c) He orders her to follow the path suggested by the computer.
(d) He orders her to land on the black object.
6. Who does the esty judge send to escort Quath?
(b) The Honor Guard.
(c) No one.
(d) A hundred city folk.
7. What does Cermo's microwave analysis of the esty clouds indicate?
(a) Another ship is approaching.
(b) The clouds are filled with tiny sensors.
(c) The "sky" is solid.
(d) A storm is approaching.
8. Who is Quath?
(a) Toby's teacher Aspect.
(b) A ship officer.
(c) An alien.
(d) A boy.
9. What is the name of Quath's race?
10. What does Toby do when he sees kids his own age on the esty streets?
(a) He ignores them.
(b) He plays a game with them.
(c) He asks them for advice.
(d) He asks them where to find the judge.
11. What does Toby want to approach in the prologue?
(a) True Center.
(b) A beacon.
(c) Faint metallic dabs of light.
(d) Galactic Center.
12. In "The Rule of Number," what chases the Family?
(a) A blimp-shaped creature.
(b) A triple-spined creature.
(c) A helical rod-tree creature.
(d) A pyramid-shaped creature.
13. What is Quath doing at the beginning of "The Song of Electrons?"
(a) Rebuilding her nest.
(c) Exploring the galaxy.
(d) Tearing down her nest.
14. What are Killeen's orders at the end of "Besik Bay?"
(a) Go into Besik Bay.
(b) Go into the Cosmic Circle.
(c) Go into the galactic jet.
(d) Go into the Shredded Star.
15. What troubles Jocelyn at the start of "Honeycomb Home"?
(a) Argo cannot withstand any more heat.
(b) Argo's fuel rate has increased.
(c) Argo is out of food.
(d) Argo was irreversibly damaged in the ergosphere.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Monisque wearing when Quath approaches her?
2. According to Besen's teaching Aspect, how big is the approaching disk?
3. In "Tiny Minds," where does the campfire group go?
4. What do the Philosophs do as the Argo approaches the oozing, black object?
5. How does Toby leave the Argo after he is punished in "The Charm of Commerce?"
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)