|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Lightning Life," to what does Isaac compare the galactic jet?
(a) A fountain.
(b) A whirlpool.
(c) Cotton candy.
(d) A marshmallow.
2. In "Pale Immensities," what is inside the Chandelier's airlock?
(a) Ordinary air.
(b) Sulfur gas.
(c) Poisonous air.
(d) Hydrogen gas.
3. According to Quath, about how long will they have to wait for the next aperture moment?
(a) A million years.
(b) There will never be another.
(c) Ten lifetimes.
(d) A thousand years.
4. According to Besen's teaching Aspect, how big is the approaching disk?
(a) As big as a Chandelier.
(b) As big as the largest mech ship.
(c) As big as a planet.
(d) As big as a solar system.
5. What does Toby want to approach in the prologue?
(a) True Center.
(b) Faint metallic dabs of light.
(c) A beacon.
(d) Galactic Center.
6. In "Tiny Minds," where does the campfire group go?
(a) To the cafeteria.
(b) To the hull.
(c) To the Bridge.
(d) To the living quarters.
7. In "The Rule of Number," what chases the Family?
(a) A helical rod-tree creature.
(b) A pyramid-shaped creature.
(c) A triple-spined creature.
(d) A blimp-shaped creature.
8. What does the Argo crew see when they enter the time pit?
(a) The Cosmic Circle.
(b) A mech.
(c) A ship.
(d) The Magnetic Mind.
9. Who/what approaches Argo at the end of "Lightning Life?"
(a) The Magnetic Mind.
(c) Myriapodia ships.
(d) Ghosts of old Aspects.
10. Why does Argo head for Besik Bay?
(a) To find shade.
(b) To refuel.
(c) To trick the mechs.
(d) To get more food.
11. To where does Andro lead the humans on the esty?
(a) To a pyramid-shaped stone.
(b) To a windowless factory.
(c) To a brown municipal building.
(d) To a jail.
12. What is the esty judge's name?
13. What is a Siggo?
(a) A type of Myriapodia.
(b) A bomb.
(c) A sensor.
(d) A probe.
14. What is the name of Quath's race?
15. What kind of rays are emitted after the Chandelier explodes?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is communicating in "Frozen Star?"
2. What does Toby do when he sees kids his own age on the esty streets?
3. What do the Philosophs do as the Argo approaches the oozing, black object?
4. In "Pale Immensities," with whom does Toby share a flier?
5. What is another name for the Eye of the Eater?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)