|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is emitted from the disk?
2. What are Killeen's orders at the end of "Besik Bay?"
(a) Go into the Shredded Star.
(b) Go into the galactic jet.
(c) Go into Besik Bay.
(d) Go into the Cosmic Circle.
3. As Argo approaches the disk, what message does Quath bring from the Myriapodia?
(a) Those on board Argo must take cover.
(b) Killeen must speak with the magnetic being.
(c) Mechs are ready to attack at any moment.
(d) Argo must reverse course.
4. In "Ancient Flavors," what is "cat beer?"
(a) Tomato juice.
5. What is the esty judge's name?
6. On the esty, what is in the food that is served to the humans?
(a) Tiny knives.
(c) Human remnants.
7. Why does Argo head for Besik Bay?
(a) To get more food.
(b) To find shade.
(c) To trick the mechs.
(d) To refuel.
8. Who/what does Killeen hope to find at True Center?
(b) The Golden Orb.
(d) The Citadel.
9. What does Toby do when he sees kids his own age on the esty streets?
(a) He asks them for advice.
(b) He ignores them.
(c) He asks them where to find the judge.
(d) He plays a game with them.
10. In "The Shredded Star," what does Killeen ask Quath to do?
(a) Communicate with the mechs.
(b) Counsel him.
(c) Block the radiation.
(d) Communicate with other myriapodia.
11. What does Cermo's microwave analysis of the esty clouds indicate?
(a) A storm is approaching.
(b) The "sky" is solid.
(c) The clouds are filled with tiny sensors.
(d) Another ship is approaching.
12. What does the Aspect Zeno say about the time pit?
(a) The mechs cannot enter it.
(b) Humans have been there.
(c) Nothing is real there.
(d) It is a dangerous place.
13. Where does Andro tell Toby they are at the end of "The Far Black?"
(a) In a prison cell.
(b) In a reception cell.
(c) Inside Andro's home.
(d) In the city.
14. With what does the judge on the esty charge the Bishops?
(a) Property damage.
(c) Illegal entry.
(d) Violation of tax codes.
15. After Argo passes through the Cyaneans, where do the mechs think it is headed?
(a) To the Citadel.
(b) To the Bishop Chandelier.
(c) To Snowglade.
(d) To the Wedge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is communicating in "Frozen Star?"
2. About how old is the Chandelier, according to crew estimates in "Pale Immensities?"
3. To where does Andro lead the humans on the esty?
4. On the esty, who is the next to be cleansed after Toby?
5. As the Argo spirals to True Center, what does Besen call Toby?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)