|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Family Bishop is from where?
2. Why does Argo head for Besik Bay?
(a) To refuel.
(b) To get more food.
(c) To trick the mechs.
(d) To find shade.
3. According to Quath, about how long will they have to wait for the next aperture moment?
(a) A million years.
(b) Ten lifetimes.
(c) There will never be another.
(d) A thousand years.
4. What surprises Toby at the beginning of "Motes Such as You?"
(a) A mech.
(b) A fire.
(c) An explosion.
(d) A riot.
5. What is Toby's job in "Techno-Nomads?"
(a) Performing security.
(b) Cleaning up sewage.
(c) Preparing food.
(d) Teaching children.
6. In the prologue, Toby says that ______ more crew are on sick report.
(a) Nearly two dozen.
(b) Half a dozen.
(c) More than two dozen.
(d) Nearly a dozen.
7. What kind of rays are emitted after the Chandelier explodes?
8. What is Quath doing at the beginning of "The Song of Electrons?"
(a) Exploring the galaxy.
(b) Tearing down her nest.
(c) Rebuilding her nest.
9. What seems illogical to Toby as he walks the esty streets?
(a) Why people would give coins to a beggar.
(b) Why it is legal for vendors to sell aliens.
(c) Why he was put on punishment.
(d) Why the city looked different than it had before.
10. What is Toby doing at the start of "Aperture Moment?"
(a) Fixing the Agro dome.
(d) Defending Killeen.
11. How many other people are with Toby in the Argo dome in "A Taste of the Void?"
12. In "Lightning Life," who calls Isaac a pretender?
13. What does Quath project onto the Argo's screens when they are in the time pit?
(a) Images of two digital clocks.
(b) A blueprint.
(c) A map.
(d) Images of Argo's future.
14. What does Cermo's microwave analysis of the esty clouds indicate?
(a) Another ship is approaching.
(b) A storm is approaching.
(c) The clouds are filled with tiny sensors.
(d) The "sky" is solid.
15. Who/what are the Cyaneans?
(a) A species of Aspects.
(b) Another name for mechs.
(c) Long-lost relatives of the Family Bishop.
(d) Things made by the mechs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who rescues Toby after the mechs damage the Argo dome?
2. What does Toby notice about the large, black object?
3. How does Toby leave the Argo after he is punished in "The Charm of Commerce?"
4. In "Tiny Minds," where does the campfire group go?
5. What is the first thing Killeen tells Monisque he wants to know?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)