|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what holiday did Sarah visit her father?
2. Where did the African-American man's mother want him to travel to?
3. What does the character's hair loss in Part 4 signify?
4. Where did the African-American man's mother end up living?
5. In whose name does Jesus claim he is going to kill someone at the end of Part 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What real world events influence Adrienne Kennedy? How does she incorporate world events into her play? Does she do so subtly or are they obvious? Choose one real event or person that influences Kennedy and discuss how it manifests itself in her play.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the historical significance of Patrice Lumumba and how Adrienne Kennedy uses him in her play. How does the life of Patrice Lumumba bring forth the message that Kennedy is trying to convey?
Essay Topic 3
Adrienne Kennedy specifically mentions Harlem in her play. Describe the history of Harlem and write about the relevance of Harlem in the play's theme of racial identity.
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)