|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In whose home does Jesus fall asleep in?
2. What other name Queen Victoria was Queen Victoria known by?
3. What did the African-American man do for his mother?
4. What does the rejection of the African-American man's mother symbolize?
5. Who calms down the balding character in Part 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the set of the play influence the audiences reaction to the play? How does the set influence the message the author is trying to convey? Site specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
What real world events influence Adrienne Kennedy? How does she incorporate world events into her play? Does she do so subtly or are they obvious? Choose one real event or person that influences Kennedy and discuss how it manifests itself in her play.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of the knocking sound throughout the play. When does the knocking sound occur? Who makes the noise? What does the knocking represent? Site specific examples from the text.
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)