|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who's story is the African-American man telling?
2. What was the economic status of the neighborhood where the African-American man's father tried to hurt himself?
3. Where did the African-American man's father and mother travel to?
4. What happened when Sarah saw her father in Part 4?
5. Who returns to the stage in Part 4?
Essay Topic 1
How does Adrienne Kennedy use the character of the Landlady in a way similar Greek chorus? Describe a traditional Greek chorus' role in the theater.What is the Landlady's role in the play? What relationship does the audience have with her?
Essay Topic 2
The African-American man's father wanted to become a messiah for his people. How was he going to become a messiah and for what purpose? What statement is Adrienne Kennedy making by creating this goal for the character?
Essay Topic 3
How does the set of the play influence the audiences reaction to the play? How does the set influence the message the author is trying to convey? Site specific examples from the text.
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)