|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the cross symbolize in the play?
2. What does the character's hair loss in Part 4 signify?
3. What does the character in Part 4 do when he or she realizes his or her hair fell out?
4. Where does Part 4 of the play begin?
5. Who opens the play in Part 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Raymond's role in Adrienne Kennedy's play? How is he similar or different to the landlady? Discuss the outfit Kennedy describes Raymond wearing. What is symbolic about this outfit?
Essay Topic 2
How does the set of the play influence the audiences reaction to the play? How does the set influence the message the author is trying to convey? Site specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
What real world events influence Adrienne Kennedy? How does she incorporate world events into her play? Does she do so subtly or are they obvious? Choose one real event or person that influences Kennedy and discuss how it manifests itself in her play.
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)