|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the African-American man's father say the people that were coming for him were going to do to him?
2. What does the holiday that Sarah visits her father on symbolize?
3. How did the African-American man feel about his mother?
4. Who does Jesus say he will kill?
5. How did Sarah contribute to her father's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the set of the play influence the audiences reaction to the play? How does the set influence the message the author is trying to convey? Site specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Monologues are prevalent in Adrienne Kennedy's play. Define what a monologue is and how Kennedy uses them in her play. Why did Kennedy elect to use monologues rather then conversations between characters to tell Sarah's story?
Essay Topic 3
The African-American man's father wanted to become a messiah for his people. How was he going to become a messiah and for what purpose? What statement is Adrienne Kennedy making by creating this goal for the character?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)