|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the African-American man's father feel about himself?
2. In whose name does Jesus claim he is going to kill someone at the end of Part 4?
3. How did the African-American man's father feel about his son?
4. What sound is heard in Part 4?
5. What did Sarah find at the location she searched for her father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the set of the play influence the audiences reaction to the play? How does the set influence the message the author is trying to convey? Site specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Monologues are prevalent in Adrienne Kennedy's play. Define what a monologue is and how Kennedy uses them in her play. Why did Kennedy elect to use monologues rather then conversations between characters to tell Sarah's story?
Essay Topic 3
What real world events influence Adrienne Kennedy? How does she incorporate world events into her play? Does she do so subtly or are they obvious? Choose one real event or person that influences Kennedy and discuss how it manifests itself in her play.
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)