|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the African-American man's mother want him to learn on his journey?
2. What was the African-American man's father's reaction to the treatment of his wife?
3. What other name Queen Victoria was Queen Victoria known by?
4. In whose name does Jesus claim he is going to kill someone at the end of Part 4?
5. What was the economic status of the neighborhood where the African-American man's father tried to hurt himself?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1How does the set of the play influence the audiences reaction to the play? How does the set influence the message the author is trying to convey? Site specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2Discuss the historical significance of Patrice Lumumba and how Adrienne Kennedy uses him in her play. How does the life of Patrice Lumumba bring forth the message that Kennedy is trying to convey?
Essay Topic 3Adrienne Kennedy's play has many complex layers. Discuss how Kennedy uses props and lighting to deliver her message to the audience. Choose three specific props or lighting techniques and discuss why you feel they are the most effective. Include in your answer, how they are used in the play, and what the props or lighting symbolize.
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)