Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 4, who does the Landlady say died?
2. What condition was Sarah's father in when she saw him in Part 4?
3. Did Sarah ever forgive her father in Part 4?
4. What was the African-American man supposed to become?
5. Where was the African-American man's father when he tried to hurt himself?
Essay Topic 1
Sarah and her father attempt to reconcile on Easter. Discuss why this holiday is significant to the play and to the character of Sarah. Choose one other religious theme within the play and discuss how it is relevant to the theme of racial identity.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the historical significance of Patrice Lumumba and how Adrienne Kennedy uses him in her play. How does the life of Patrice Lumumba bring forth the message that Kennedy is trying to convey?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of racial identity in this play. How does Adrienne Kennedy weave this theme throughout her play? How does racial identity drive the actions of the characters? Choose two characters and compare and contrast the ways they deal with racial identity in this play.
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)