Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 4, who does the Landlady say died?
2. What condition was Sarah's father in when she saw him in Part 4?
3. Did Sarah ever forgive her father in Part 4?
4. What was the African-American man supposed to become?
5. Where was the African-American man's father when he tried to hurt himself?
Essay Topic 1
What real world events influence Adrienne Kennedy? How does she incorporate world events into her play? Does she do so subtly or are they obvious? Choose one real event or person that influences Kennedy and discuss how it manifests itself in her play.
Essay Topic 2
Monologues are prevalent in Adrienne Kennedy's play. Define what a monologue is and how Kennedy uses them in her play. Why did Kennedy elect to use monologues rather then conversations between characters to tell Sarah's story?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of racial identity in this play. How does Adrienne Kennedy weave this theme throughout her play? How does racial identity drive the actions of the characters? Choose two characters and compare and contrast the ways they deal with racial identity in this play.
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)