|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 4, who does the Landlady say died?
2. What condition was Sarah's father in when she saw him in Part 4?
3. Did Sarah ever forgive her father in Part 4?
4. What was the African-American man supposed to become?
5. Where was the African-American man's father when he tried to hurt himself?
Essay Topic 1
Adrienne Kennedy specifically mentions Harlem in her play. Describe the history of Harlem and write about the relevance of Harlem in the play's theme of racial identity.
Essay Topic 2
What does Raymond mean when he says that Sarah's father "eats at a white glass table?" Analyze the statement and relate it to Adrienne Kennedy's theme of racial identity.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of the knocking sound throughout the play. When does the knocking sound occur? Who makes the noise? What does the knocking represent? Site specific examples from the text.
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)