|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Sarah find her father in Part 4?
2. Who did the African American-man's father say were coming for him?
3. Who loses his or her hair in Part 4?
4. Where did the African-American man and his family move to after their travels?
5. Who wanted the African-American man to achieve an unattainable goal in Part 3?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of racial identity in this play. How does Adrienne Kennedy weave this theme throughout her play? How does racial identity drive the actions of the characters? Choose two characters and compare and contrast the ways they deal with racial identity in this play.
Essay Topic 2
What does Raymond mean when he says that Sarah's father "eats at a white glass table?" Analyze the statement and relate it to Adrienne Kennedy's theme of racial identity.
Essay Topic 3
How does Adrienne Kennedy's background influence the topic of this this play?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)