|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the character's hair loss in Part 4 signify?
2. What is the significance of the ability for the characters to hide their hair loss?
3. What place does the poetic imagery the Landlady uses in Part 4 reflect?
4. What did Sarah's father want from her?
5. Where did Sarah search for her father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sarah and her father attempt to reconcile on Easter. Discuss why this holiday is significant to the play and to the character of Sarah. Choose one other religious theme within the play and discuss how it is relevant to the theme of racial identity.
Essay Topic 2
How does the set of the play influence the audiences reaction to the play? How does the set influence the message the author is trying to convey? Site specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
What is Raymond's role in Adrienne Kennedy's play? How is he similar or different to the landlady? Discuss the outfit Kennedy describes Raymond wearing. What is symbolic about this outfit?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)