|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who loses his or her hair in Part 4?
2. What did the African-American man's father do to his mother?
3. Who did Sarah's father's mother want him to become?
4. What happened to the African-American man's mother and father on their travels?
5. Where did the African-American man's mother want him to travel to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss who you believe is the protagonist of this play. Include in your answer the definition of protagonist. Can more the one protagonist exist? Do you believe there is more then one in this play? Site specific examples from the text to make your argument.
Essay Topic 2
How does Adrienne Kennedy's background influence the topic of this this play?
Essay Topic 3
How does Adrienne Kennedy use the character of the Landlady in a way similar Greek chorus? Describe a traditional Greek chorus' role in the theater.What is the Landlady's role in the play? What relationship does the audience have with her?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)