Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 4, who does the Landlady say died?
2. What condition was Sarah's father in when she saw him in Part 4?
3. Did Sarah ever forgive her father in Part 4?
4. What was the African-American man supposed to become?
5. Where was the African-American man's father when he tried to hurt himself?
Essay Topic 1
How does Adrienne Kennedy utilize religion throughout the play? Chose two characters from the play and discuss how religion effects each character. How does religion tie into Kennedy's theme of racial identity?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of the knocking sound throughout the play. When does the knocking sound occur? Who makes the noise? What does the knocking represent? Site specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
At the end of the play Sarah is confronted by a statue of Queen Victoria. Who is Queen Victoria? Describe her role in the play? Who is she in real life? Why does this final confrontation result in Sarah's death? Site specific examples from the text to make your argument.
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)