|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Sarah find her father in Part 4?
2. What did Sarah's father send her in Part 4?
3. How does a character calm down the balding character in Part 4?
4. What happened to the African-American man's mother and father on their travels?
5. What did the African-American man's father do to his mother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Adrienne Kennedy's play has many complex layers. Discuss how Kennedy uses props and lighting to deliver her message to the audience. Choose three specific props or lighting techniques and discuss why you feel they are the most effective. Include in your answer, how they are used in the play, and what the props or lighting symbolize.
Essay Topic 2
How does the set of the play influence the audiences reaction to the play? How does the set influence the message the author is trying to convey? Site specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Monologues are prevalent in Adrienne Kennedy's play. Define what a monologue is and how Kennedy uses them in her play. Why did Kennedy elect to use monologues rather then conversations between characters to tell Sarah's story?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)