|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other name Queen Victoria was Queen Victoria known by?
2. What was the African-American man's father's reaction to the treatment of his wife?
3. What was the African-American man supposed to become?
4. What sound is heard in Part 4?
5. Who returns to the stage in Part 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the central conflicts present in Adrienne Kennedy's play. Discuss the importance of this conflict and how it effects one character other then Sarah. How does this conflict help express the theme of racial identity? Site specific examples from the text to make your argument.
Essay Topic 2
The African-American man's father wanted to become a messiah for his people. How was he going to become a messiah and for what purpose? What statement is Adrienne Kennedy making by creating this goal for the character?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of the knocking sound throughout the play. When does the knocking sound occur? Who makes the noise? What does the knocking represent? Site specific examples from the text.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)