|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which characters are in the scene when Part 4 begins?
2. What did Sarah's father send her in Part 4?
3. What was the economic status of the neighborhood where the African-American man's father tried to hurt himself?
4. What other name Queen Victoria was Queen Victoria known by?
5. What is the significance of the ability for the characters to hide their hair loss?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the historical significance of Patrice Lumumba and how Adrienne Kennedy uses him in her play. How does the life of Patrice Lumumba bring forth the message that Kennedy is trying to convey?
Essay Topic 2
Adrienne Kennedy specifically mentions Harlem in her play. Describe the history of Harlem and write about the relevance of Harlem in the play's theme of racial identity.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Adrienne Kennedy's use of the noose and the cross in her play. How are these two items symbolically similar? How are they different? How do both objects speak to Kennedy's theme of racial identity? Site specific examples from the text.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)