|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In whose name does Jesus claim he is going to kill someone at the end of Part 4?
2. The African-American man is telling another character's story. What aspect of this character's life do we learn through the African-American man?
3. How did Sarah contribute to her father's death?
4. Where did the African-American man's mother end up living?
5. What did the African-American man's father say the people that were coming for him were going to do to him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Raymond mean when he says that Sarah's father "eats at a white glass table?" Analyze the statement and relate it to Adrienne Kennedy's theme of racial identity.
Essay Topic 2
Adrienne Kennedy's play has many complex layers. Discuss how Kennedy uses props and lighting to deliver her message to the audience. Choose three specific props or lighting techniques and discuss why you feel they are the most effective. Include in your answer, how they are used in the play, and what the props or lighting symbolize.
Essay Topic 3
How does Adrienne Kennedy's background influence the topic of this this play?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)