|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the African-American man's father's reaction to the treatment of his wife?
2. In whose name does Jesus claim he is going to kill someone at the end of Part 4?
3. What did the African-American man do for his mother?
4. What did Sarah's father send her in Part 4?
5. Who does Jesus fall asleep next to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of the knocking sound throughout the play. When does the knocking sound occur? Who makes the noise? What does the knocking represent? Site specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
At the end of the play Sarah is confronted by a statue of Queen Victoria. Who is Queen Victoria? Describe her role in the play? Who is she in real life? Why does this final confrontation result in Sarah's death? Site specific examples from the text to make your argument.
Essay Topic 3
How does Adrienne Kennedy's background influence the topic of this this play?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)