|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the cross symbolize in the play?
2. Who's story is the African-American man telling?
3. What place does the poetic imagery the Landlady uses in Part 4 reflect?
4. What does the holiday that Sarah visits her father on symbolize?
5. How safe was the neighborhood that the African-American man's father tried to harm himself?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the end of the play Sarah is confronted by a statue of Queen Victoria. Who is Queen Victoria? Describe her role in the play? Who is she in real life? Why does this final confrontation result in Sarah's death? Site specific examples from the text to make your argument.
Essay Topic 2
How does Adrienne Kennedy's background influence the topic of this this play?
Essay Topic 3
What real world events influence Adrienne Kennedy? How does she incorporate world events into her play? Does she do so subtly or are they obvious? Choose one real event or person that influences Kennedy and discuss how it manifests itself in her play.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)