|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "Negro" claim is her only African-American feature?
2. Where are the Duchess of Hapsburg and Queen Victoria in Part 1?
3. What ethnicity is the person who makes the continuous noise in Part 1?
4. How does Sarah claim she killed her father?
5. What does the Duchess think her father wants to do to her?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Jesus wakes up who does he say he will kill and for who?
2. What hope did the African-American man's father's mother have for him?
3. What does the Landlady believe about Sarah's father's death?
4. What happened when Sarah's father went to visit her?
5. How does Sarah describe the rooms around her?
6. What does the audience see after the stage goes into darkness?
7. What does the Duchess tell Raymond about her father in Part 2?
8. Why does Jesus scream at the start of Part 4?
9. Describe the African-American man's dream in Part 2.
10. Where did the African-American man's mother end up?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Raymond's role in Adrienne Kennedy's play? How is he similar or different to the landlady? Discuss the outfit Kennedy describes Raymond wearing. What is symbolic about this outfit?
Essay Topic 2
How does Adrienne Kennedy's background influence the topic of this this play?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbolic nature of the hair loss each character experiences. What does the hair loss signify? Why is it important? How do the characters hide their hair loss and what does this concealment mean? Choose two characters and discuss what events cause their hair loss. Site specific examples from the text to make your argument.
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)