Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duchess think her father wants to do to her?
2. What does "Negro" claim is her only African-American feature?
3. What is the Duchess missing half of at the start of Part 2?
4. What does the Landlady tell Sarah about her father?
5. What does the object around "Negro's" neck symbolize?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Sarah says she killed her father.
2. What does the truth Raymond reveals about Sarah say about her?
3. Who was the African-American man's grandmother against her son marrying?
4. What is the symbolism behind the new setting in Part 5?
5. Why does Patrice Lumumba's hair fall out?
6. Describe the set at the opening of Adrienne Kennedy's play.
7. How does Sarah describe herself?
8. In Part 1, who does the audience learn is knocking?
9. What does the audience see after the stage goes into darkness?
10. What did the African-American man's father tell his son was going to come after him?
Sarah and her father attempt to reconcile on Easter. Discuss why this holiday is significant to the play and to the character of Sarah. Choose one other religious theme within the play and discuss how it is relevant to the theme of racial identity.
How does Adrienne Kennedy utilize religion throughout the play? Chose two characters from the play and discuss how religion effects each character. How does religion tie into Kennedy's theme of racial identity?
How does Adrienne Kennedy's background influence the topic of this this play?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)