|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who loses his or her hair in Part 4?
(b) The African American man.
(c) The landlady.
2. What did the African-American man's mother want him to learn on his journey?
(a) The language.
(b) The school system.
(c) Successful business methods.
(d) Re-learn what life was like there.
3. What do Jesus and the Duchess do to each other in Part 4?
(a) Kiss each other.
(b) Dress each other.
(c) Comb each other's hair.
(d) Hug each other.
4. What does the neighborhood the African-American man's father tried to harm himself in signify to Sarah?
(a) Her rejection of Caucasion culture.
(b) Her rejection of African American culture.
(c) Her rejection of Asian culture.
(d) Her acceptence of African American Culture.
5. What is significant about the area of the city that the African-American man's father tried to hurt himself?
(a) It didn't have transportation.
(b) There were no churches.
(c) It was an African American ghetto.
(d) It was a white neighborhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. The African-American man says his father tried to hurt himself at the end of Part 3. What did he try and do?
2. What part of the city was the African-American man's father in when he tried to hurt himself?
3. What is the significance of the continuous sound?
4. What did Sarah's father want from her?
5. The African-American man is telling another character's story. What aspect of this character's life do we learn through the African-American man?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)