|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other name Queen Victoria was Queen Victoria known by?
(a) "Great White Mother."
(b) "Great Mother."
(c) "Queen V."
(d) "Great Black Mother."
2. Who opens the play in Part 3?
(a) The Queen.
(b) The African-American man.
(c) The Duchess
3. The African-American man is telling another character's story. What aspect of this character's life do we learn through the African-American man?
(a) His father's life.
(b) His mother's life.
(c) Her father's life.
(d) Her mother's life.
4. What place does the poetic imagery the Landlady uses in Part 4 reflect?
5. What happened to the African-American man's mother and father on their travels?
(a) They bought a house.
(b) They fell out of love.
(c) They were robbed.
(d) Their love grew stronger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the significance of the ability for the characters to hide their hair loss?
2. How did the African-American man feel about his mother?
3. Where did the African-American man's mother want him to travel to?
4. What condition was Sarah's father in when she saw him in Part 4?
5. What did Sarah's father say that his existence depended on?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)