|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sarah's father say that his existence depended on?
(a) Her thanking him.
(b) Her embracing him.
(c) Her rejecting him.
(d) Her forgetting him.
2. What was the African-American man supposed to become?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A Christ-like figure.
(c) A doctor.
3. What condition was Sarah's father in when she saw him in Part 4?
(a) He was injured.
(b) He was on drugs.
(c) He was drunk.
(d) He was hallucinating.
4. Where was the African-American man's father when he tried to hurt himself?
(a) In a kitchen.
(b) In a restaurant.
(c) On the beach.
(d) In a hotel room.
5. What place does the poetic imagery the Landlady uses in Part 4 reflect?
Short Answer Questions
1. How safe was the neighborhood that the African-American man's father tried to harm himself?
2. What is significant about the area of the city that the African-American man's father tried to hurt himself?
3. Who did Sarah's father's mother want him to become?
4. Where does Part 4 of the play begin?
5. What part of the city was the African-American man's father in when he tried to hurt himself?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)