|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the significance of the ability for the characters to hide their hair loss?
(a) The lack of permanence in people's lives.
(b) That identity is still in place.
(c) That hair loss is no big deal.
(d) That people can hide flaws.
2. What did Sarah's father send her in Part 4?
(a) A letter.
(b) A gift.
3. Who loses his or her hair in Part 4?
(c) The African American man.
(d) The landlady.
4. What did Sarah's father want from her?
(b) Her forgiveness.
(d) Her love.
5. What is significant about the area of the city that the African-American man's father tried to hurt himself?
(a) It was an African American ghetto.
(b) It didn't have transportation.
(c) There were no churches.
(d) It was a white neighborhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Sarah contribute to her father's death?
2. What was the African-American man's father's reaction to the treatment of his wife?
3. What happened when Sarah saw her father in Part 4?
4. What did the African-American man's father feel about himself?
5. The African-American man is telling another character's story. What aspect of this character's life do we learn through the African-American man?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)