|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the African-American man's father and mother travel to?
2. The African-American man is telling another character's story. What aspect of this character's life do we learn through the African-American man?
(a) Her father's life.
(b) His father's life.
(c) Her mother's life.
(d) His mother's life.
3. Did Sarah ever forgive her father in Part 4?
(b) Her father does not want her forgiveness.
(d) She can't decide.
4. What happened to the African-American man's mother and father on their travels?
(a) They bought a house.
(b) They were robbed.
(c) They fell out of love.
(d) Their love grew stronger.
5. What is the significance of the continuous sound?
(a) The presence of Sarah's father.
(b) The presence of God.
(c) The presence of the landlady.
(d) The presence of Sarah's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How safe was the neighborhood that the African-American man's father tried to harm himself?
2. What did the African-American man's father feel about himself?
3. The African-American man says his father tried to hurt himself at the end of Part 3. What did he try and do?
4. What did the African-American man's mother want him to learn on his journey?
5. What did Sarah find at the location she searched for her father?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)