|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the rejection of the African-American man's mother symbolize?
(c) Rejection of society.
2. How did the African-American man feel about his mother?
(a) He didn't care for her.
(b) He hated her.
(c) He was indifferent.
(d) He loved her.
3. What sound is heard in Part 4?
4. What did the African-American man's mother want him to learn on his journey?
(a) The school system.
(b) Re-learn what life was like there.
(c) The language.
(d) Successful business methods.
5. What was the African-American man supposed to become?
(b) A Christ-like figure.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the holiday that Sarah visits her father on symbolize?
2. What does the character's hair loss in Part 4 signify?
3. How safe was the neighborhood that the African-American man's father tried to harm himself?
4. What did Sarah find at the location she searched for her father?
5. Where did Sarah search for her father?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)