|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the significance of the continuous sound?
(a) The presence of Sarah's mother.
(b) The presence of God.
(c) The presence of the landlady.
(d) The presence of Sarah's father.
2. How safe was the neighborhood that the African-American man's father tried to harm himself?
(b) There was no need for police.
(d) Very safe.
3. The African-American man is telling another character's story. What aspect of this character's life do we learn through the African-American man?
(a) His father's life.
(b) His mother's life.
(c) Her father's life.
(d) Her mother's life.
4. What place does the poetic imagery the Landlady uses in Part 4 reflect?
5. What does the holiday that Sarah visits her father on symbolize?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the economic status of the neighborhood where the African-American man's father tried to hurt himself?
2. Where did the African-American man's mother end up living?
3. Where did the African-American man's mother want him to travel to?
4. What does the character's hair loss in Part 4 signify?
5. Who's story is the African-American man telling?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)