|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the African-American man say he dreamed about?
(b) His mother.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His father.
2. What does "Negro" wear around her neck?
(a) A tie.
(b) A noose.
(c) A crucifix necklace.
(d) A scarf.
3. What do the Duchess of Hapsburg and Queen Victoria wear on their faces?
(a) Masks or black makeup.
(b) Masks or white makeup.
(d) Silk scarves.
4. Where does the play open?
(a) In a bar.
(b) In a school house.
(c) In Sarah's room.
(d) In a funhouse.
5. Who does the Duchess represent?
(a) An element of the Landlady.
(b) An element of Sarah.
(c) An element of the author.
(d) An element of black history.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Landlady say Sarah stays?
2. What does the white woman do as she walks across the stage?
3. What does the Landlady tell Sarah about her father?
4. What sound is heard throughout Part 2?
5. What does the Duchess ask Raymond to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is symbolic about Sarah saying she killed her own father?
2. What does the Duchess say about her mother?
3. What happened when Sarah's father went to visit her?
4. Describe the set at the opening of Adrienne Kennedy's play.
5. How does the lighting in Part 5 change the setting?
6. What did the African-American man's father tell his son was going to come after him?
7. Describe the African-American man that walks on stage in Part 2.
8. How did the African-American man take care of his mother? What was his father's reaction?
9. What is significant about the Duchess showing Jesus how to wear his hair?
10. What appears in the center of the stage? How does Sarah react?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)