|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the African American man claim he was born between?
(a) A mother and father.
(b) A rock and a hard place.
(c) Two generations.
(d) Two worlds.
2. At the end of Part 2, what does the African-American man claim he did?
(a) Became very successful.
(b) Beat his father to death.
(c) Went to prison.
(d) Raped a woman.
3. What does the Landlady tell Sarah about her father?
(a) That his death is not her fault.
(b) That he is not her father.
(c) That her father was an honorable man.
(d) That her death is her fault.
4. What does "Negro" long to have?
(a) White friends.
(d) Black friends.
5. What color dress does the woman Adrienne Kennedy refers to as "Negro" wear?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Queen Victoria say in her scene with the Duchess in Part 2?
2. What is the white statue in "Negro's" room of?
3. What do the Duchess of Hapsburg and Queen Victoria wear on their faces?
4. What are the hairpieces that the Duchess of Hapsburg and Queen Victoria wear made of?
5. What did the person the African-American man dreamed about keep saying?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Duchess help Jesus cope with his missing hair?
2. How does the lighting in Part 5 change the setting?
3. How did the African-American man take care of his mother? What was his father's reaction?
4. What hope did the African-American man's father's mother have for him?
5. When the characters begin speaking in unison what do they say?
6. What does the Duchess tell Raymond about her father in Part 2?
7. What does the Duchess look like at the start of Part 2?
8. What did Sarah's father send her and why?
9. Describe the Duchess and Queen Victoria the first time the audience sees them.
10. Describe the African-American man's dream in Part 2.
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)