|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. An African-American man walks on stage in Part 2. What is he carrying?
(a) A mask.
(b) A knife.
(c) A bible.
(d) A baby.
2. What does the African American man claim he was born between?
(a) A mother and father.
(b) Two generations.
(c) A rock and a hard place.
(d) Two worlds.
3. What city does "Negro" tell the audience she lives in?
(b) New York.
4. Where are the Duchess of Hapsburg and Queen Victoria in Part 1?
(a) The chamber room.
(b) Sarah's room.
(c) The Queen's room.
(d) The park.
5. What does the Landlady believe Sarah thinks she is?
(a) An actress.
(b) A queen.
(c) A princess.
(d) A dancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Queen Victoria discover in her scene?
2. How does the African-American man feel about himself?
3. What does "Negro" long to have?
4. At the start of the play a white woman walks across the stage. What is the white woman wearing?
5. What sound is heard throughout Part 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whose story does the African-American man tell in Part 3?
2. How does Sarah describe herself?
3. What did Sarah's father say his existence depends on and what does this mean?
4. Whose story do the characters on stage in Part 5 tell? What do they repeat over and over?
5. Where did the African-American man's father's mother want him to travel and why?
6. Describe how Sarah says she killed her father.
7. How does the Duchess help Jesus cope with his missing hair?
8. What is symbolic about Sarah saying she killed her own father?
9. What emotions does the Duchess feel towards her father?
10. What happened when Sarah's father went to visit her?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)