|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the object around "Negro's" neck symbolize?
(c) The cold climate.
2. What causes "Negro" to lose her hair?
(c) She pulls it out.
3. At the end of Part 2, what does the African-American man claim he did?
(a) Went to prison.
(b) Became very successful.
(c) Raped a woman.
(d) Beat his father to death.
4. Why does the Landlady believe Sarah's hair is falling out?
(a) She is suffering from the death of her father.
(d) Sarah shaves her head.
5. What are the hairpieces that the Duchess of Hapsburg and Queen Victoria wear made of?
(a) Wild, curly black hair.
(b) Straight black hair.
(c) Long red hair.
(d) Straight blonde hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Duchess missing half of at the start of Part 2?
2. What did the person the African-American man dreamed about keep saying?
3. What does the Duchess' reaction to her father cause her to do?
4. Who opens Part 2 of Adrienne Kennedy's play?
5. Where does the play open?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 1, who does the audience learn is knocking?
2. How does the Duchess react to Jesus' hair falling out?
3. Describe the character of "Negro."
4. Describe Patrice Lumumba.
5. What is symbolic about Sarah saying she killed her own father?
6. What does the audience see after the stage goes into darkness?
7. What is symbolic about Harlem in Part 3?
8. What did the African-American man's father tell his son was going to come after him?
9. What happened when Sarah tried to visit her father?
10. How does the lighting in Part 5 change the setting?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)