|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is odd about the Duchess father's presence?
(a) He has three fingers.
(b) He climbs through the window.
(c) He is not invited.
(d) He is dead.
2. Where does the Duchess say her mother is?
(a) In hell.
(b) In a retirement home.
(c) In an asylum.
(d) In heaven.
3. Who opens Part 2 of Adrienne Kennedy's play?
(b) The Duchess and Raymond.
(c) The Landylady.
(d) Duchess and the queen.
4. What color dress does the woman Adrienne Kennedy refers to as "Negro" wear?
5. What does the Duchess' reaction to her father cause her to do?
(a) Lose her hair.
(b) Lose her identity.
(c) Lose her money.
(d) Lose her job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duchess think her father wants to do to her?
2. What does the Duchess ask Raymond to do?
3. What does Queen Victoria discover in her scene?
4. Who does the African-American man say he dreamed about?
5. What does the object around "Negro's" neck symbolize?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Jesus wakes up who does he say he will kill and for who?
2. Describe the character of "Negro."
3. What happened to the African-American man's father?
4. What emotions does the Duchess feel towards her father?
5. What is significant about the Duchess showing Jesus how to wear his hair?
6. How does Sarah describe the rooms around her?
7. What did Sarah's father send her and why?
8. Whose point of view do the characters on stage begin to speak from? What do they say?
9. What did Sarah's father say his existence depends on and what does this mean?
10. What does the African-American man's father feel about himself?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)