|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens because of the African-American man's feelings about himself?
(a) His hair falls out.
(b) He kills himself.
(c) He receives a promotion.
(d) He becomes wealthy.
2. What is heard throughout the scene with the Duchess of Hapsburg and Queen Victoria?
3. Who is Raymond?
(a) A white man.
(b) A black man.
(c) A Latino man.
(d) An Asian man.
4. What was the person the African-American man dreamed about doing?
(b) Calling to him.
(d) Reading a book.
5. What do the Duchess of Hapsburg and Queen Victoria wear on their faces?
(b) Masks or black makeup.
(c) Masks or white makeup.
(d) Silk scarves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the white statue in "Negro's" room of?
2. What does the Duchess' reaction to her father cause her to do?
3. What did the person the African-American man dreamed about keep saying?
4. What does the white woman do as she walks across the stage?
5. What does the African American man claim he was born between?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about the Duchess showing Jesus how to wear his hair?
2. Whose story does the African-American man tell in Part 3?
3. How does the Duchess react to Jesus' hair falling out?
4. What does the audience see after the stage goes into darkness?
5. What happened when Sarah tried to visit her father?
6. When the characters begin speaking in unison what do they say?
7. Describe the set at the opening of Adrienne Kennedy's play.
8. Describe the character of "Negro."
9. What emotions does the Duchess feel towards her father?
10. Which character returns to the stage and whose story does she tell?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)