|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the African-American man say he dreamed about?
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His uncle.
2. What does Queen Victoria say in her scene with the Duchess in Part 2?
(a) That she is free.
(b) The Queen mumbles.
(c) The scene is silent.
(d) That she is beautiful.
3. What occupation did "Negro" used to hold?
4. What does Queen Victoria discover in her scene?
(a) Her mother is dying.
(b) Her hair is falling out.
(c) The Duchess is dead.
(d) Her limbs are rotting.
5. What does "Negro" long to have?
(b) Black friends.
(d) White friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the audience realize the white woman is muttering as she crosses the stage a second time?
2. Who is Raymond?
3. What did the Duchess' father do to her mother?
4. What is the Duchess missing half of at the start of Part 2?
5. How does Sarah claim she killed her father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the character, the Landlady.
2. How does Sarah describe the rooms around her?
3. Who does Jesus believe his father is?
4. Describe the character of "Negro."
5. Why does Patrice Lumumba's hair fall out?
6. Who appears on stage with Sarah and what does he do to Sarah?
7. How did the African-American man take care of his mother? What was his father's reaction?
8. How does the Duchess react to Jesus' hair falling out?
9. What hope did the African-American man's father's mother have for him?
10. When Jesus wakes up who does he say he will kill and for who?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)