|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The African-American man reappears in the scene with the Duchess and the Queen. What is he carrying?
(a) A plate of food.
(b) A bag of hair.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A black mask.
2. What was happening to the person the African-American man dreamed about?
(a) He or she was bleeding.
(b) He or she was getting a hair cut.
(c) He or she was dying.
(d) He or she was losing their hair.
3. What does the African-American man say happened to his hair?
(a) It grew longer.
(b) He dyed it.
(c) He shaved it.
(d) It fell out.
4. At the start of the play a white woman walks across the stage. What is the white woman wearing?
(a) A suit.
(b) A towel.
(c) A nightgown.
(d) An African dress.
5. How does Adrienne Kennedy describe the Landlady's character?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color dress does the woman Adrienne Kennedy refers to as "Negro" wear?
2. On what did "Negro" write poetry?
3. What does the object around "Negro's" neck symbolize?
4. How does Sarah claim she killed her father?
5. What does the African American man claim he was born between?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the set at the opening of Adrienne Kennedy's play.
2. Who does Jesus believe his father is?
3. Where did the African-American man's mother end up?
4. What is symbolic about the cross in Part 3?
5. What is symbolic about the mask the African-American man carries on stage?
6. What does the African-American man's father feel about himself?
7. Describe the character, the Landlady.
8. How does the Duchess help Jesus cope with his missing hair?
9. What does the audience see after the stage goes into darkness?
10. Describe Patrice Lumumba.
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)