|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Duchess' father do for a job?
(a) He was a writer.
(b) He was an actor.
(c) He was a clown.
(d) He was a missionary.
2. What was the person the African-American man dreamed about doing?
(c) Calling to him.
(d) Reading a book.
3. What did the person the African-American man dreamed about keep saying?
(c) "White man."
(d) "Black man."
4. What does "Negro" claim is her only African-American feature?
(a) Her skin tone.
(b) Her eyes.
(c) Her ears.
(d) Her hair.
5. Who does the African American man refer to himself as?
(a) Leonard Nemoy.
(b) Patrice Lumumba.
(c) Patty O'Gill.
(d) Patrice Frank.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duchess' reaction to her father cause her to do?
2. At the start of the play a white woman walks across the stage. What is the white woman wearing?
3. What does the African-American man say happened to his hair?
4. Who does the Duchess represent?
5. What does "Negro" long to have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whose story does the African-American man tell in Part 3?
2. What does the Duchess say about her mother?
3. What does the Landlady believe about Sarah's father's death?
4. What appears in the center of the stage? How does Sarah react?
5. Describe the character, the Landlady.
6. Describe the African-American man that walks on stage in Part 2.
7. What does the Duchess look like at the start of Part 2?
8. Who is Raymond?
9. Where did the African-American man's father's mother want him to travel and why?
10. What is symbolic about the cross in Part 3?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)