|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is symbolic about the African-American man's hair?
(a) It represents nothing.
(b) It represents Sarah's growth.
(c) It represents the the change in society.
(d) It represents Sarah's shedding of African American identity.
2. What city does "Negro" tell the audience she lives in?
(b) New York.
3. At the end of Part 2, what does the African-American man claim he did?
(a) Became very successful.
(b) Went to prison.
(c) Raped a woman.
(d) Beat his father to death.
4. What does the African-American man say happened to his hair?
(a) He shaved it.
(b) He dyed it.
(c) It fell out.
(d) It grew longer.
5. What ethnicity is the person who makes the continuous noise in Part 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What occupation did "Negro" used to hold?
2. What did the person the African-American man dreamed about do to the African-American man?
3. Who does the African American man refer to himself as?
4. How does Sarah claim she killed her father?
5. What is odd about the Duchess father's presence?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Duchess look like at the start of Part 2?
2. What is symbolic about Sarah saying she killed her own father?
3. What does the Duchess tell Raymond about her father in Part 2?
4. What is symbolic about Harlem in Part 3?
5. What happened to the African-American man's father?
6. What does Raymond accuse Sarah of? What is the truth?
7. What does the audience see after the stage goes into darkness?
8. What does the white woman who crosses the stage in the white nightgown say the first time? What does she say the second time she crosses the stage?
9. What did the African-American man's father do to his mother? Why?
10. Who is Raymond?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)