|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the person the African-American man dreamed about keep saying?
(a) "White man."
(b) "Black man."
2. What does the Landlady repeatedly do?
3. On what did "Negro" write poetry?
(c) White paper.
(d) Yellow paper.
4. Where does the Duchess say her mother is?
(a) In heaven.
(b) In an asylum.
(c) In a retirement home.
(d) In hell.
5. Who is Raymond?
(a) An Asian man.
(b) A black man.
(c) A Latino man.
(d) A white man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the audience realize the white woman is muttering as she crosses the stage a second time?
2. What does Sarah claim she used to kill her father?
3. What happens because of the African-American man's feelings about himself?
4. How does the African-American man feel about himself?
5. What does the Landlady say happened to Sarah's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Duchess help Jesus cope with his missing hair?
2. Which character returns to the stage and whose story does she tell?
3. In Part 1, who does the audience learn is knocking?
4. Where did the African-American man's mother end up?
5. What is symbolic about the mask the African-American man carries on stage?
6. What does the Landlady believe about Sarah's father's death?
7. Who is Raymond?
8. What sound occurs during the Duchess' scene with Jesus? Who makes the knocking noise?
9. What appears in the center of the stage? How does Sarah react?
10. How did the African-American man take care of his mother? What was his father's reaction?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)