|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Duchess say her mother is?
(a) In hell.
(b) In heaven.
(c) In a retirement home.
(d) In an asylum.
2. What hairstyle does the Duchess' mother have?
(d) She is bald.
3. What is the African-American man's dream symbolic of?
(a) The Landlady's fear of intimacy.
(b) Sarah's fear of rejection.
(c) Sarah's fear of intimacy.
(d) Sarah's mother's fear of intimacy with an African-American male.
4. What does the Duchess ask Raymond to do?
(a) Kill her.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Hide her.
(d) Kiss her.
5. What ethnicity is the person who makes the continuous noise in Part 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is odd about the Duchess father's presence?
2. Who does the Duchess represent?
3. What did the Duchess' father do for a job?
4. What was happening to the person the African-American man dreamed about?
5. What is symbolic about the African-American man's hair?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is symbolic about all of the characters losing their hair?
2. What does the white woman who crosses the stage in the white nightgown say the first time? What does she say the second time she crosses the stage?
3. What did the African-American man's father tell his son was going to come after him?
4. Why is Sarah's hair falling out?
5. Why does Jesus scream at the start of Part 4?
6. In Part 1, who does the audience learn is knocking?
7. What is symbolic about the cross in Part 3?
8. Describe Patrice Lumumba.
9. When Jesus wakes up who does he say he will kill and for who?
10. What is symbolic about Sarah saying she killed her own father?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)