|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is odd about the Duchess father's presence?
(a) He has three fingers.
(b) He is dead.
(c) He is not invited.
(d) He climbs through the window.
2. What does "Negro" long to have?
(a) Black friends.
(d) White friends.
3. Where does "Negro" tell people she lives?
(a) A farm.
(b) A small apartment.
(c) A large house.
(d) The streets.
4. What does the white woman do as she walks across the stage?
(a) She mumbles.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She screams.
(d) She sobs.
5. How does the African-American man speak about his life?
(a) In song.
(c) With joy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Raymond dressed as?
2. What is symbolic about what the Duchess is losing?
3. The African-American man reappears in the scene with the Duchess and the Queen. What is he carrying?
4. Who is making the noise that the the Duchess of Hapsburg and Queen Victoria hear throughout the scene?
5. What happens because of the African-American man's feelings about himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did the African-American man's father's mother want him to travel and why?
2. How did the African-American man take care of his mother? What was his father's reaction?
3. When Jesus wakes up who does he say he will kill and for who?
4. Where did the African-American man's mother end up?
5. How does the Duchess help Jesus cope with his missing hair?
6. How does the Duchess react to Jesus' hair falling out?
7. What does Raymond accuse Sarah of? What is the truth?
8. Who appears on stage with Sarah and what does he do to Sarah?
9. What is significant about the Duchess showing Jesus how to wear his hair?
10. Who is Raymond?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)