|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who opens Part 2 of Adrienne Kennedy's play?
(b) Duchess and the queen.
(c) The Duchess and Raymond.
(d) The Landylady.
2. What is symbolic about what the Duchess is losing?
(a) She is shedding her African American traits.
(b) She is sexually confused.
(c) She is leaving capitalist society.
(d) She is becoming a hippie.
3. Who does "Negro" transform into?
(a) The queen.
(b) The duchess.
(c) The landlady.
4. What does the African-American man say happened to his hair?
(a) He dyed it.
(b) He shaved it.
(c) It grew longer.
(d) It fell out.
5. Who does the Duchess represent?
(a) An element of the author.
(b) An element of black history.
(c) An element of the Landlady.
(d) An element of Sarah.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the person the African-American man dreamed about doing?
2. What is the Duchess missing half of at the start of Part 2?
3. What is Raymond dressed as?
4. What does "Negro" claim is her only African-American feature?
5. What does the Duchess bring to the Queen?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Jesus wakes up who does he say he will kill and for who?
2. Describe the African-American man that walks on stage in Part 2.
3. What did Sarah's father say his existence depends on and what does this mean?
4. What is symbolic about the bag of hair the Duchess brings on stage?
5. What did the African-American man's father do to his mother? Why?
6. What sound occurs during the Duchess' scene with Jesus? Who makes the knocking noise?
7. What is symbolic about all of the characters losing their hair?
8. Describe Patrice Lumumba.
9. Who appears onstage after the lights go out in Part 5 and what does she announce?
10. What is symbolic about the cross in Part 3?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)