|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "Negro" long to have?
(a) White friends.
(c) Black friends.
2. What does "Negro" wear around her neck?
(a) A tie.
(b) A crucifix necklace.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A noose.
3. What did the person the African-American man dreamed about keep saying?
(c) "Black man."
(d) "White man."
4. Where does the Landlady say Sarah stays?
(a) In the bar.
(b) In the closet.
(c) In her room.
(d) In the library.
5. Where was the person the African-American man dreamed about sitting?
(a) On a chair.
(b) On a beach.
(c) On the floor.
(d) On a bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes "Negro" to lose her hair?
2. What happens because of the African-American man's feelings about himself?
3. What does the Duchess ask Raymond to do?
4. Who is making the noise that the the Duchess of Hapsburg and Queen Victoria hear throughout the scene?
5. What does the white woman do as she walks across the stage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Raymond accuse Sarah of? What is the truth?
2. Describe Patrice Lumumba.
3. Describe the set at the opening of Adrienne Kennedy's play.
4. What does the truth Raymond reveals about Sarah say about her?
5. In Part 1, who does the audience learn is knocking?
6. When Jesus wakes up who does he say he will kill and for who?
7. What does the audience see after the stage goes into darkness?
8. Describe the African-American man that walks on stage in Part 2.
9. What happened when Sarah tried to visit her father?
10. What happened to the African-American man's father?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)