|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was happening to the person the African-American man dreamed about?
(a) He or she was bleeding.
(b) He or she was getting a hair cut.
(c) He or she was dying.
(d) He or she was losing their hair.
2. Who is Raymond?
(a) A Latino man.
(b) An Asian man.
(c) A black man.
(d) A white man.
3. On what did "Negro" write poetry?
(a) White paper.
(d) Yellow paper.
4. What did the person the African-American man dreamed about do to the African-American man?
(a) Hugged him.
(b) Kissed him.
(c) Hurt him.
(d) Chased him.
5. What does Queen Victoria say in her scene with the Duchess in Part 2?
(a) That she is beautiful.
(b) The Queen mumbles.
(c) That she is free.
(d) The scene is silent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "Negro" claim is her only African-American feature?
2. What are the hairpieces that the Duchess of Hapsburg and Queen Victoria wear made of?
3. Who does the African-American man that walks on stage represent?
4. What did the Duchess' father do to her mother?
5. What is the Duchess afraid of in Part 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is symbolic about all of the characters losing their hair?
2. What did the African-American man's father tell his son was going to come after him?
3. What does the African-American man's father feel about himself?
4. How does the Duchess help Jesus cope with his missing hair?
5. Describe the character of "Negro."
6. What happened to the African-American man's father?
7. What is symbolic about Harlem in Part 3?
8. Who appears onstage after the lights go out in Part 5 and what does she announce?
9. What appears in the center of the stage? How does Sarah react?
10. What hope did the African-American man's father's mother have for him?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)