|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the African-American man speak about his life?
(a) In song.
(c) With joy.
2. Why does the Landlady believe Sarah's hair is falling out?
(b) Sarah shaves her head.
(c) She is suffering from the death of her father.
3. What was happening to the person the African-American man dreamed about?
(a) He or she was dying.
(b) He or she was bleeding.
(c) He or she was getting a hair cut.
(d) He or she was losing their hair.
4. How does the African-American man feel about himself?
(a) He loves himself.
(b) He thinks he is manly.
(c) He thinks he is handsome.
(d) He despises himself.
5. Who does the African American man refer to himself as?
(a) Patty O'Gill.
(b) Patrice Frank.
(c) Leonard Nemoy.
(d) Patrice Lumumba.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the object around "Negro's" neck symbolize?
2. What does the African-American man say happened to his hair?
3. What is symbolic about what the Duchess is losing?
4. The African-American man reappears in the scene with the Duchess and the Queen. What is he carrying?
5. What do the Duchess of Hapsburg and Queen Victoria wear on their faces?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Sarah says she killed her father.
2. What is symbolic about Harlem in Part 3?
3. In Part 1, who does the audience learn is knocking?
4. What is symbolic about all of the characters losing their hair?
5. What does Raymond accuse Sarah of? What is the truth?
6. What did the African-American man's father do to his mother? Why?
7. How does Sarah describe the rooms around her?
8. What is significant about the Duchess showing Jesus how to wear his hair?
9. What is symbolic about the bag of hair the Duchess brings on stage?
10. Which character returns to the stage and whose story does she tell?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)