|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Landlady repeatedly do?
2. What do the Duchess of Hapsburg and Queen Victoria wear on their faces?
(a) Masks or black makeup.
(b) Silk scarves.
(c) Masks or white makeup.
3. Who does the African American man refer to himself as?
(a) Patrice Lumumba.
(b) Patrice Frank.
(c) Patty O'Gill.
(d) Leonard Nemoy.
4. At the end of Part 2, what does the African-American man claim he did?
(a) Beat his father to death.
(b) Went to prison.
(c) Became very successful.
(d) Raped a woman.
5. What does Sarah claim she used to kill her father?
(a) A gun.
(b) A black skull.
(c) A noose.
(d) A knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Landlady believe Sarah thinks she is?
2. What occupation did "Negro" used to hold?
3. Where does the play open?
4. What does Queen Victoria say in her scene with the Duchess in Part 2?
5. What hairstyle does the Duchess' mother have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Landlady believe about Sarah's father's death?
2. Describe the character of "Negro."
3. Who is Raymond?
4. What emotions does the Duchess feel towards her father?
5. Who does Jesus believe his father is?
6. How does the Duchess help Jesus cope with his missing hair?
7. What does the African-American man's father feel about himself?
8. Whose story do the characters on stage in Part 5 tell? What do they repeat over and over?
9. How does the Duchess react to Jesus' hair falling out?
10. What happened to the African-American man's father?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)