|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Duchess afraid of in Part 2?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her father.
(d) The Queen.
2. What does the Duchess bring to the Queen?
(a) A bag of hair.
(b) A blanket.
(c) A bag of clothes.
(d) A plate of food.
3. Who does the African-American man that walks on stage represent?
(a) Sarah's brother.
(b) Sarah's father.
(c) Sarah's boyfriend.
(d) Sarah's son.
4. What is the Duchess missing half of at the start of Part 2?
(a) Half of her fingers.
(b) Half of her hair.
(c) Half of her makeup.
(d) Half of her money.
5. Who does the Duchess represent?
(a) An element of the Landlady.
(b) An element of the author.
(c) An element of black history.
(d) An element of Sarah.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duchess think her father wants to do to her?
2. What did the person the African-American man dreamed about keep saying?
3. What did the Duchess' father do for a job?
4. Who is Raymond?
5. What is symbolic about what the Duchess is losing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sound occurs during the Duchess' scene with Jesus? Who makes the knocking noise?
2. What does Raymond accuse Sarah of? What is the truth?
3. What does the white woman who crosses the stage in the white nightgown say the first time? What does she say the second time she crosses the stage?
4. When Jesus wakes up who does he say he will kill and for who?
5. What is symbolic about the cross in Part 3?
6. Whose story does the African-American man tell in Part 3?
7. How does the Duchess help Jesus cope with his missing hair?
8. Describe the set at the opening of Adrienne Kennedy's play.
9. Who appears onstage after the lights go out in Part 5 and what does she announce?
10. Why does Patrice Lumumba's hair fall out?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)