|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the economic status of the neighborhood where the African-American man's father tried to hurt himself?
(c) Middle Class.
2. What does the rejection of the African-American man's mother symbolize?
(c) Rejection of society.
3. What was the purpose of the object Sarah's father sent her?
(c) Birthday gift.
4. Where does Part 4 of the play begin?
(a) In Sarah's house.
(b) On the street.
(c) In the Queens' house.
(d) In the Duchess' house.
5. In Part 4, who does the Landlady say died?
(a) Patrice Lumumba.
(b) The Queen.
(c) Sarah's father.
6. Which characters are in the scene when Part 4 begins?
(a) The Queen and Jesus.
(b) The Duchess and Jesus.
(c) The Duchess.
(d) The Queen.
7. What sound is heard in Part 4?
8. What was the African-American man's father's reaction to the treatment of his wife?
(a) He became more determined to be the messiah.
(b) He hit his son.
(c) He became more determined to find a job.
(d) He killed her.
9. What did Sarah's father want from her?
(a) Her love.
(d) Her forgiveness.
10. What was the African-American man supposed to become?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A Christ-like figure.
(d) A doctor.
11. What did the African-American man's father do to his mother?
(a) He bought her a ring.
(b) He raped her.
(c) He divorced her.
(d) He kissed her.
12. What does the character's hair loss in Part 4 signify?
(a) Loss of identity.
(c) Loss of love.
13. What place does the poetic imagery the Landlady uses in Part 4 reflect?
14. What is the first thing the Duchess and Jesus speak about?
(a) Her lack of identity.
(b) His father's blackness.
(c) Her father's whiteness.
(d) Her father's blackness.
15. What did the African-American man's father feel about himself?
(a) He hated himself.
(b) He loved himself.
(c) He thought he was handsome.
(d) He thought he was wise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Jesus wakes up in Part 4?
2. Who's story is the African-American man telling?
3. What does the neighborhood the African-American man's father tried to harm himself in signify to Sarah?
4. What part of the city was the African-American man's father in when he tried to hurt himself?
5. Who did Sarah's father's mother want him to become?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)