|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who returns to the stage in Part 4?
(a) The African-American man.
(c) The Landlady.
2. What did the African-American man do for his mother?
(a) He cooked for her.
(b) He took care of her.
(c) He cleaned for her.
(d) He raised her children.
3. What is the significance of the ability for the characters to hide their hair loss?
(a) That hair loss is no big deal.
(b) That identity is still in place.
(c) The lack of permanence in people's lives.
(d) That people can hide flaws.
4. Where did the African-American man's mother end up living?
(a) A retirement home.
(b) A penthouse.
(c) In the suburbs.
(d) An asylum.
5. What condition was Sarah's father in when she saw him in Part 4?
(a) He was hallucinating.
(b) He was on drugs.
(c) He was drunk.
(d) He was injured.
6. What did Sarah's father send her in Part 4?
(b) A gift.
(c) A letter.
7. What happens when Jesus wakes up in Part 4?
(a) He leaves the room.
(b) He claims he is moving to New York.
(c) He cries.
(d) He claims he will go back to Africa.
8. In whose home does Jesus fall asleep in?
(a) The home of Sarah.
(b) The home of the Queen.
(c) The home of the Duchess.
(d) His own house.
9. The African-American man says his father tried to hurt himself at the end of Part 3. What did he try and do?
(a) Poison himself.
(b) Shoot himself.
(c) Hang himself.
(d) Cut himself.
10. Where did Sarah search for her father?
(b) Her mother's house.
(c) His apartment.
(d) A bar.
11. What did the African-American man's mother want him to do with what he learned on his travels?
(a) Become a chef.
(b) Start a new business.
(c) Teach what he learned to his people.
(d) Become a writer.
12. What calms the balding character down in Part 4?
(b) A hot bath.
(d) That the baldness can be hidden.
13. Did Sarah ever forgive her father in Part 4?
(b) She can't decide.
(c) Her father does not want her forgiveness.
14. Where did the African-American man and his family move to after their travels?
(c) New York.
15. What does the cross symbolize in the play?
(b) The Klu Klux Klan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the character's hair loss in Part 4 signify?
2. What other name Queen Victoria was Queen Victoria known by?
3. Who did Sarah's father's mother want him to become?
4. What was the African-American man's father's reaction to the treatment of his wife?
5. What is significant about the area of the city that the African-American man's father tried to hurt himself?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)