|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Sarah search for her father?
(a) His apartment.
(b) A bar.
(c) Her mother's house.
2. Who returns to the stage in Part 4?
(a) The African-American man.
(b) The Landlady.
3. What do Jesus and the Duchess do to each other in Part 4?
(a) Kiss each other.
(b) Comb each other's hair.
(c) Dress each other.
(d) Hug each other.
4. Who loses his or her hair in Part 4?
(a) The African American man.
(d) The landlady.
5. Where was the African-American man's father when he tried to hurt himself?
(a) On the beach.
(b) In a kitchen.
(c) In a restaurant.
(d) In a hotel room.
6. Who wanted the African-American man to achieve an unattainable goal in Part 3?
(a) His church.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
7. Who calms down the balding character in Part 4?
(a) The Duchess.
(b) The Queen.
8. What didn't the African-American man's mother want him to do?
(a) Have a child.
(b) Move to Africa.
(c) Marry his wife.
(d) Divorce his wife.
9. What does the rejection of the African-American man's mother symbolize?
(a) Rejection of society.
10. What did the African-American man's mother want him to learn on his journey?
(a) Re-learn what life was like there.
(b) The school system.
(c) Successful business methods.
(d) The language.
11. In Part 4, who does the Landlady say died?
(a) Sarah's father.
(b) Patrice Lumumba.
(c) The Queen.
12. What was the African-American man's father doing prior to what he did to African-American man's mother?
(b) Doing drugs.
13. What happened when Sarah saw her father in Part 4?
(a) She kissed him.
(b) She ran past him.
(c) She hugged him.
(d) She hit him.
14. What is significant about the area of the city that the African-American man's father tried to hurt himself?
(a) There were no churches.
(b) It was a white neighborhood.
(c) It was an African American ghetto.
(d) It didn't have transportation.
15. Who did the African American-man's father say were coming for him?
(c) The police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound is heard in Part 4?
2. Where did the African-American man's mother want him to travel to?
3. What was the African-American man's father's reaction to the treatment of his wife?
4. Who opens the play in Part 3?
5. In whose name does Jesus claim he is going to kill someone at the end of Part 4?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)