|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the holiday that Sarah visits her father on symbolize?
2. What was the African-American man's father doing prior to what he did to African-American man's mother?
(d) Doing drugs.
3. Who opens the play in Part 3?
(b) The African-American man.
(c) The Duchess
(d) The Queen.
4. What does the neighborhood the African-American man's father tried to harm himself in signify to Sarah?
(a) Her rejection of Asian culture.
(b) Her acceptence of African American Culture.
(c) Her rejection of African American culture.
(d) Her rejection of Caucasion culture.
5. What condition was Sarah's father in when she saw him in Part 4?
(a) He was injured.
(b) He was on drugs.
(c) He was drunk.
(d) He was hallucinating.
6. Who loses his or her hair in Part 4?
(b) The African American man.
(d) The landlady.
7. The African-American man is telling another character's story. What aspect of this character's life do we learn through the African-American man?
(a) His father's life.
(b) Her father's life.
(c) His mother's life.
(d) Her mother's life.
8. What is the significance of the continuous sound?
(a) The presence of Sarah's father.
(b) The presence of God.
(c) The presence of Sarah's mother.
(d) The presence of the landlady.
9. Where did the African-American man and his family move to after their travels?
(d) New York.
10. What happened when Sarah saw her father in Part 4?
(a) She kissed him.
(b) She ran past him.
(c) She hugged him.
(d) She hit him.
11. What did the African-American man's father do to his mother?
(a) He bought her a ring.
(b) He divorced her.
(c) He raped her.
(d) He kissed her.
12. Who does Jesus say he will kill?
(a) The Queens' father.
(b) Patrice Lumumba.
(c) Patrick Hanson.
(d) The Landlady.
13. How safe was the neighborhood that the African-American man's father tried to harm himself?
(b) Very safe.
(d) There was no need for police.
14. Where did Sarah find her father in Part 4?
(a) At his apartment.
(b) At her mother's house.
(c) At a restaurant.
(d) At her apartment.
15. What did Sarah find at the location she searched for her father?
(a) No one was home.
(b) Her father.
(c) A gun.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the character's hair loss in Part 4 signify?
2. What was the purpose of the object Sarah's father sent her?
3. What did the African-American man's father feel about himself?
4. What was the economic status of the neighborhood where the African-American man's father tried to hurt himself?
5. What other name Queen Victoria was Queen Victoria known by?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)