|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the African-American man's father and mother travel to?
2. What did the African-American man's father do to his mother?
(a) He divorced her.
(b) He bought her a ring.
(c) He kissed her.
(d) He raped her.
3. What did the African-American man's mother want him to do with what he learned on his travels?
(a) Become a writer.
(b) Start a new business.
(c) Become a chef.
(d) Teach what he learned to his people.
4. Where did the African-American man and his family move to after their travels?
(b) New York.
5. What part of the city was the African-American man's father in when he tried to hurt himself?
(c) Main Street.
6. What does the character's hair loss in Part 4 signify?
(b) Loss of love.
(c) Loss of identity.
7. How safe was the neighborhood that the African-American man's father tried to harm himself?
(a) There was no need for police.
(c) Very safe.
8. What does the cross symbolize in the play?
(b) The Klu Klux Klan.
9. Who does Jesus say he will kill?
(a) The Queens' father.
(b) Patrick Hanson.
(c) The Landlady.
(d) Patrice Lumumba.
10. Where did Sarah search for her father?
(a) A bar.
(b) His apartment.
(d) Her mother's house.
11. Did Sarah ever forgive her father in Part 4?
(c) She can't decide.
(d) Her father does not want her forgiveness.
12. Where did the African-American man's mother want him to travel to?
13. What does the neighborhood the African-American man's father tried to harm himself in signify to Sarah?
(a) Her acceptence of African American Culture.
(b) Her rejection of Asian culture.
(c) Her rejection of African American culture.
(d) Her rejection of Caucasion culture.
14. What does the character in Part 4 do when he or she realizes his or her hair fell out?
(d) Screams with terror.
15. On what holiday did Sarah visit her father?
(c) Valentine's Day.
(d) New Years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What didn't the African-American man's mother want him to do?
2. What is the significance of the continuous sound?
3. How did the African-American man's father feel about his son?
4. What was the African-American man's father's reaction to the treatment of his wife?
5. What was the economic status of the neighborhood where the African-American man's father tried to hurt himself?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)