|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the economic status of the neighborhood where the African-American man's father tried to hurt himself?
(a) Middle Class.
2. Where was the African-American man's father when he tried to hurt himself?
(a) In a kitchen.
(b) In a restaurant.
(c) On the beach.
(d) In a hotel room.
3. Who does Jesus say he will kill?
(a) Patrice Lumumba.
(b) Patrick Hanson.
(c) The Queens' father.
(d) The Landlady.
4. In Part 4, who does the Landlady say died?
(a) The Queen.
(b) Sarah's father.
(c) Patrice Lumumba.
5. Who's story is the African-American man telling?
(a) The Queen's.
(c) His own.
6. What does the rejection of the African-American man's mother symbolize?
(a) Rejection of society.
7. What did Sarah's father want from her?
(a) Her forgiveness.
(c) Her love.
8. What does the character's hair loss in Part 4 signify?
(c) Loss of love.
(d) Loss of identity.
9. How did the African-American man's father feel about his son?
(a) He loved him.
(b) He was disappointed.
(c) He was indifferent.
(d) He hated him.
10. What does the character in Part 4 do when he or she realizes his or her hair fell out?
(c) Screams with terror.
11. What is the significance of the continuous sound?
(a) The presence of God.
(b) The presence of the landlady.
(c) The presence of Sarah's father.
(d) The presence of Sarah's mother.
12. Who loses his or her hair in Part 4?
(a) The African American man.
(c) The landlady.
13. What is the first thing the Duchess and Jesus speak about?
(a) Her father's blackness.
(b) Her father's whiteness.
(c) Her lack of identity.
(d) His father's blackness.
14. Where did the African-American man's mother end up living?
(a) A penthouse.
(b) In the suburbs.
(c) A retirement home.
(d) An asylum.
15. How did the African-American man feel about his mother?
(a) He didn't care for her.
(b) He was indifferent.
(c) He hated her.
(d) He loved her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the African-American man's father's reaction to the treatment of his wife?
2. How safe was the neighborhood that the African-American man's father tried to harm himself?
3. What did Sarah's father say that his existence depended on?
4. Where did the African-American man's father and mother travel to?
5. Who does Jesus fall asleep next to?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)