|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The African-American man says his father tried to hurt himself at the end of Part 3. What did he try and do?
(a) Cut himself.
(b) Hang himself.
(c) Poison himself.
(d) Shoot himself.
2. What place does the poetic imagery the Landlady uses in Part 4 reflect?
3. Who does Jesus say he will kill?
(a) Patrick Hanson.
(b) The Queens' father.
(c) Patrice Lumumba.
(d) The Landlady.
4. What is the significance of the ability for the characters to hide their hair loss?
(a) The lack of permanence in people's lives.
(b) That people can hide flaws.
(c) That hair loss is no big deal.
(d) That identity is still in place.
5. Did Sarah ever forgive her father in Part 4?
(a) She can't decide.
(c) Her father does not want her forgiveness.
6. How did Sarah contribute to her father's death?
(a) By hiring a hit man.
(b) Through her self-hate.
(c) By pushing him.
(d) Through negligence.
7. Where did the African-American man's mother end up living?
(a) In the suburbs.
(b) An asylum.
(c) A retirement home.
(d) A penthouse.
8. On what holiday did Sarah visit her father?
(a) Valentine's Day.
(b) New Years.
9. What did Sarah's father want from her?
(b) Her forgiveness.
(d) Her love.
10. Who calms down the balding character in Part 4?
(b) The Queen.
(c) The Duchess.
11. What does the character in Part 4 do when he or she realizes his or her hair fell out?
(b) Screams with terror.
12. Where did Sarah find her father in Part 4?
(a) At his apartment.
(b) At a restaurant.
(c) At her mother's house.
(d) At her apartment.
13. What happened to the African-American man's mother and father on their travels?
(a) Their love grew stronger.
(b) They bought a house.
(c) They were robbed.
(d) They fell out of love.
14. What was the purpose of the object Sarah's father sent her?
(a) Birthday gift.
15. What does the character's hair loss in Part 4 signify?
(b) Loss of identity.
(c) Loss of love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the African-American man's father feel about himself?
2. What did the African-American man's father say the people that were coming for him were going to do to him?
3. What did Sarah's father send her in Part 4?
4. Where was the African-American man's father when he tried to hurt himself?
5. What sound is heard in Part 4?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)