|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is significant about the area of the city that the African-American man's father tried to hurt himself?
(a) There were no churches.
(b) It was a white neighborhood.
(c) It didn't have transportation.
(d) It was an African American ghetto.
2. What does the character in Part 4 do when he or she realizes his or her hair fell out?
(a) Screams with terror.
3. What calms the balding character down in Part 4?
(b) A hot bath.
(d) That the baldness can be hidden.
4. What was the African-American man supposed to become?
(a) A Christ-like figure.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A teacher.
5. Where did the African-American man's mother want him to travel to?
6. What does the cross symbolize in the play?
(a) The Klu Klux Klan.
7. What was the African-American man's father's reaction to the treatment of his wife?
(a) He became more determined to be the messiah.
(b) He killed her.
(c) He hit his son.
(d) He became more determined to find a job.
8. What part of the city was the African-American man's father in when he tried to hurt himself?
(d) Main Street.
9. What didn't the African-American man's mother want him to do?
(a) Marry his wife.
(b) Divorce his wife.
(c) Move to Africa.
(d) Have a child.
10. What did Sarah's father want from her?
(a) Her love.
(d) Her forgiveness.
11. What did the African-American man do for his mother?
(a) He cooked for her.
(b) He took care of her.
(c) He raised her children.
(d) He cleaned for her.
12. Where did the African-American man's father and mother travel to?
13. What does the character's hair loss in Part 4 signify?
(c) Loss of identity.
(d) Loss of love.
14. What place does the poetic imagery the Landlady uses in Part 4 reflect?
15. What do Jesus and the Duchess do to each other in Part 4?
(a) Kiss each other.
(b) Comb each other's hair.
(c) Dress each other.
(d) Hug each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does a character calm down the balding character in Part 4?
2. What did the African-American man's mother want him to learn on his journey?
3. Who loses his or her hair in Part 4?
4. Who does Jesus say he will kill?
5. Who did Sarah's father's mother want him to become?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)