|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does a character calm down the balding character in Part 4?
(a) By giving a kiss.
(b) By shaving his or her head.
(c) By giving a hug.
(d) By showing that he or she is bald too.
2. Who's story is the African-American man telling?
(b) His own.
(c) The Queen's.
3. Which characters are in the scene when Part 4 begins?
(a) The Queen.
(b) The Queen and Jesus.
(c) The Duchess and Jesus.
(d) The Duchess.
4. What did Sarah's father say that his existence depended on?
(a) Her rejecting him.
(b) Her embracing him.
(c) Her forgetting him.
(d) Her thanking him.
5. In whose name does Jesus claim he is going to kill someone at the end of Part 4?
(a) God and Queen Victoria.
(b) God and the Duchess.
(c) The Duchess and the Queen.
6. What is the first thing the Duchess and Jesus speak about?
(a) His father's blackness.
(b) Her father's blackness.
(c) Her father's whiteness.
(d) Her lack of identity.
7. What didn't the African-American man's mother want him to do?
(a) Divorce his wife.
(b) Marry his wife.
(c) Move to Africa.
(d) Have a child.
8. What was the African-American man's father's reaction to the treatment of his wife?
(a) He became more determined to find a job.
(b) He killed her.
(c) He became more determined to be the messiah.
(d) He hit his son.
9. What is the significance of the continuous sound?
(a) The presence of the landlady.
(b) The presence of God.
(c) The presence of Sarah's mother.
(d) The presence of Sarah's father.
10. What place does the poetic imagery the Landlady uses in Part 4 reflect?
11. Who opens the play in Part 3?
(a) The Duchess
(b) The Queen.
(c) The African-American man.
12. What was the African-American man supposed to become?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A Christ-like figure.
13. Did Sarah ever forgive her father in Part 4?
(a) She can't decide.
(b) Her father does not want her forgiveness.
14. Who calms down the balding character in Part 4?
(a) The Duchess.
(d) The Queen.
15. What did the African-American man's mother want him to do with what he learned on his travels?
(a) Start a new business.
(b) Become a chef.
(c) Teach what he learned to his people.
(d) Become a writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is significant about the area of the city that the African-American man's father tried to hurt himself?
2. What does the cross symbolize in the play?
3. Who wanted the African-American man to achieve an unattainable goal in Part 3?
4. How did Sarah contribute to her father's death?
5. In whose home does Jesus fall asleep in?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)