Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 4, who does the Landlady say died?
(a) The Queen.
(c) Patrice Lumumba.
(d) Sarah's father.
2. What condition was Sarah's father in when she saw him in Part 4?
(a) He was drunk.
(b) He was injured.
(c) He was hallucinating.
(d) He was on drugs.
3. Did Sarah ever forgive her father in Part 4?
(b) Her father does not want her forgiveness.
(d) She can't decide.
4. What was the African-American man supposed to become?
(a) A Christ-like figure.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A teacher.
5. Where was the African-American man's father when he tried to hurt himself?
(a) In a restaurant.
(b) On the beach.
(c) In a kitchen.
(d) In a hotel room.
6. What did the African-American man do for his mother?
(a) He cleaned for her.
(b) He took care of her.
(c) He cooked for her.
(d) He raised her children.
7. Who did the African American-man's father say were coming for him?
(c) The police.
8. How did the African-American man's father feel about his son?
(a) He loved him.
(b) He was indifferent.
(c) He hated him.
(d) He was disappointed.
9. How safe was the neighborhood that the African-American man's father tried to harm himself?
(c) Very safe.
(d) There was no need for police.
10. Who does Jesus fall asleep next to?
(a) No one.
(c) The Landlady.
(d) The Duchess.
11. The African-American man says his father tried to hurt himself at the end of Part 3. What did he try and do?
(a) Hang himself.
(b) Cut himself.
(c) Poison himself.
(d) Shoot himself.
12. What do Jesus and the Duchess do to each other in Part 4?
(a) Kiss each other.
(b) Dress each other.
(c) Hug each other.
(d) Comb each other's hair.
13. What does the holiday that Sarah visits her father on symbolize?
14. What was the purpose of the object Sarah's father sent her?
(b) Birthday gift.
15. What does the cross symbolize in the play?
(c) The Klu Klux Klan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Sarah's father's mother want him to become?
2. The African-American man is telling another character's story. What aspect of this character's life do we learn through the African-American man?
3. How did the African-American man feel about his mother?
4. What does the rejection of the African-American man's mother symbolize?
5. What did the African-American man's mother want him to do with what he learned on his travels?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)