|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Sarah search for her father?
(a) A bar.
(b) His apartment.
(d) Her mother's house.
2. On what holiday did Sarah visit her father?
(a) Valentine's Day.
(c) New Years.
3. What did Sarah's father send her in Part 4?
(a) A letter.
(c) A gift.
4. Who loses his or her hair in Part 4?
(c) The African American man.
(d) The landlady.
5. What did the African-American man's mother want him to learn on his journey?
(a) The school system.
(b) Re-learn what life was like there.
(c) Successful business methods.
(d) The language.
6. What happened when Sarah saw her father in Part 4?
(a) She kissed him.
(b) She hit him.
(c) She ran past him.
(d) She hugged him.
7. Where did the African-American man and his family move to after their travels?
(d) New York.
8. Where was the African-American man's father when he tried to hurt himself?
(a) In a hotel room.
(b) On the beach.
(c) In a kitchen.
(d) In a restaurant.
9. What did the African-American man's father say the people that were coming for him were going to do to him?
(a) Arrest him.
(b) Shoot him.
(c) Nail him to a cross.
(d) Hang him.
10. Who does Jesus fall asleep next to?
(a) No one.
(b) The Landlady.
(d) The Duchess.
11. How did the African-American man's father feel about his son?
(a) He hated him.
(b) He loved him.
(c) He was disappointed.
(d) He was indifferent.
12. Who did the African American-man's father say were coming for him?
(a) The police.
13. What sound is heard in Part 4?
14. What was the African-American man supposed to become?
(a) A Christ-like figure.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A doctor.
15. What part of the city was the African-American man's father in when he tried to hurt himself?
(d) Main Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. What place does the poetic imagery the Landlady uses in Part 4 reflect?
2. What didn't the African-American man's mother want him to do?
3. Who did Sarah's father's mother want him to become?
4. What did the African-American man do for his mother?
5. What calms the balding character down in Part 4?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)