|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who returns to the stage in Part 4?
(a) The Landlady.
(d) The African-American man.
2. How did Sarah contribute to her father's death?
(a) By hiring a hit man.
(b) Through negligence.
(c) By pushing him.
(d) Through her self-hate.
3. What did the African-American man's father do to his mother?
(a) He bought her a ring.
(b) He divorced her.
(c) He raped her.
(d) He kissed her.
4. What does the holiday that Sarah visits her father on symbolize?
5. What happened when Sarah saw her father in Part 4?
(a) She hugged him.
(b) She hit him.
(c) She ran past him.
(d) She kissed him.
6. What other name Queen Victoria was Queen Victoria known by?
(a) "Great Black Mother."
(b) "Great White Mother."
(c) "Queen V."
(d) "Great Mother."
7. What was the economic status of the neighborhood where the African-American man's father tried to hurt himself?
(c) Middle Class.
8. What sound is heard in Part 4?
9. Who wanted the African-American man to achieve an unattainable goal in Part 3?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His father.
(c) His church.
(d) His mother.
10. What did the African-American man's father say the people that were coming for him were going to do to him?
(a) Nail him to a cross.
(b) Shoot him.
(c) Arrest him.
(d) Hang him.
11. On what holiday did Sarah visit her father?
(b) New Years.
(c) Valentine's Day.
12. What was the purpose of the object Sarah's father sent her?
(c) Birthday gift.
13. Did Sarah ever forgive her father in Part 4?
(b) She can't decide.
(d) Her father does not want her forgiveness.
14. What did the African-American man do for his mother?
(a) He cleaned for her.
(b) He raised her children.
(c) He took care of her.
(d) He cooked for her.
15. Where did the African-American man's father and mother travel to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the African American-man's father say were coming for him?
2. What is significant about the area of the city that the African-American man's father tried to hurt himself?
3. What do Jesus and the Duchess do to each other in Part 4?
4. What was the African-American man's father's reaction to the treatment of his wife?
5. What is the first thing the Duchess and Jesus speak about?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)