|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 4, who does the Landlady say died?
(a) Sarah's father.
(c) Patrice Lumumba.
(d) The Queen.
2. What did Sarah's father send her in Part 4?
(a) A gift.
(c) A letter.
3. What did the African-American man do for his mother?
(a) He raised her children.
(b) He took care of her.
(c) He cleaned for her.
(d) He cooked for her.
4. What do Jesus and the Duchess do to each other in Part 4?
(a) Comb each other's hair.
(b) Dress each other.
(c) Kiss each other.
(d) Hug each other.
5. What did the African-American man's mother want him to do with what he learned on his travels?
(a) Teach what he learned to his people.
(b) Become a writer.
(c) Become a chef.
(d) Start a new business.
6. What is the first thing the Duchess and Jesus speak about?
(a) Her lack of identity.
(b) Her father's blackness.
(c) His father's blackness.
(d) Her father's whiteness.
7. Which characters are in the scene when Part 4 begins?
(a) The Duchess.
(b) The Queen.
(c) The Duchess and Jesus.
(d) The Queen and Jesus.
8. Who does Jesus fall asleep next to?
(b) The Duchess.
(c) The Landlady.
(d) No one.
9. What happened to the African-American man's mother and father on their travels?
(a) Their love grew stronger.
(b) They were robbed.
(c) They fell out of love.
(d) They bought a house.
10. Who did the African American-man's father say were coming for him?
(d) The police.
11. What sound is heard in Part 4?
12. What was the purpose of the object Sarah's father sent her?
(a) Birthday gift.
13. Where did the African-American man's mother want him to travel to?
14. What does the character in Part 4 do when he or she realizes his or her hair fell out?
(c) Screams with terror.
15. What happens when Jesus wakes up in Part 4?
(a) He cries.
(b) He claims he will go back to Africa.
(c) He claims he is moving to New York.
(d) He leaves the room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the significance of the continuous sound?
2. What is significant about the area of the city that the African-American man's father tried to hurt himself?
3. What did the African-American man's father feel about himself?
4. Where did Sarah search for her father?
5. What did the African-American man's father say the people that were coming for him were going to do to him?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)