|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the neighborhood the African-American man's father tried to harm himself in signify to Sarah?
(a) Her rejection of Asian culture.
(b) Her rejection of African American culture.
(c) Her acceptence of African American Culture.
(d) Her rejection of Caucasion culture.
2. What does the cross symbolize in the play?
(a) The Klu Klux Klan.
3. Which characters are in the scene when Part 4 begins?
(a) The Queen.
(b) The Duchess and Jesus.
(c) The Duchess.
(d) The Queen and Jesus.
4. What did the African-American man's mother want him to do with what he learned on his travels?
(a) Become a writer.
(b) Start a new business.
(c) Become a chef.
(d) Teach what he learned to his people.
5. The African-American man is telling another character's story. What aspect of this character's life do we learn through the African-American man?
(a) His father's life.
(b) Her father's life.
(c) Her mother's life.
(d) His mother's life.
6. What did Sarah find at the location she searched for her father?
(a) Her mother.
(b) A gun.
(c) Her father.
(d) No one was home.
7. What did Sarah's father send her in Part 4?
(a) A gift.
(b) A letter.
8. What happened to the African-American man's mother and father on their travels?
(a) They fell out of love.
(b) They were robbed.
(c) Their love grew stronger.
(d) They bought a house.
9. Who did the African American-man's father say were coming for him?
(a) The police.
10. What sound is heard in Part 4?
11. What happens when Jesus wakes up in Part 4?
(a) He leaves the room.
(b) He claims he will go back to Africa.
(c) He claims he is moving to New York.
(d) He cries.
12. Where did the African-American man's mother want him to travel to?
13. On what holiday did Sarah visit her father?
(b) Valentine's Day.
(d) New Years.
14. What was the African-American man supposed to become?
(b) A teacher.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A Christ-like figure.
15. Who did Sarah's father's mother want him to become?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A messiah.
(d) A doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when Sarah saw her father in Part 4?
2. The African-American man says his father tried to hurt himself at the end of Part 3. What did he try and do?
3. What does the rejection of the African-American man's mother symbolize?
4. What is the significance of the ability for the characters to hide their hair loss?
5. What was the African-American man's father doing prior to what he did to African-American man's mother?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)