|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the African-American man's father's reaction to the treatment of his wife?
(a) He hit his son.
(b) He killed her.
(c) He became more determined to find a job.
(d) He became more determined to be the messiah.
2. What does the cross symbolize in the play?
(d) The Klu Klux Klan.
3. What part of the city was the African-American man's father in when he tried to hurt himself?
(b) Main Street.
4. Who does Jesus fall asleep next to?
(a) The Landlady.
(c) No one.
(d) The Duchess.
5. The African-American man is telling another character's story. What aspect of this character's life do we learn through the African-American man?
(a) His mother's life.
(b) Her father's life.
(c) His father's life.
(d) Her mother's life.
6. Who opens the play in Part 3?
(b) The Duchess
(c) The Queen.
(d) The African-American man.
7. What other name Queen Victoria was Queen Victoria known by?
(a) "Great White Mother."
(b) "Queen V."
(c) "Great Mother."
(d) "Great Black Mother."
8. Did Sarah ever forgive her father in Part 4?
(c) Her father does not want her forgiveness.
(d) She can't decide.
9. What do Jesus and the Duchess do to each other in Part 4?
(a) Comb each other's hair.
(b) Dress each other.
(c) Hug each other.
(d) Kiss each other.
10. Who's story is the African-American man telling?
(a) The Queen's.
(b) His own.
11. What didn't the African-American man's mother want him to do?
(a) Have a child.
(b) Move to Africa.
(c) Divorce his wife.
(d) Marry his wife.
12. How did Sarah contribute to her father's death?
(a) Through her self-hate.
(b) By hiring a hit man.
(c) By pushing him.
(d) Through negligence.
13. What does the character in Part 4 do when he or she realizes his or her hair fell out?
(c) Screams with terror.
14. Who does Jesus say he will kill?
(a) Patrick Hanson.
(b) Patrice Lumumba.
(c) The Queens' father.
(d) The Landlady.
15. Who returns to the stage in Part 4?
(a) The African-American man.
(c) The Landlady.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does a character calm down the balding character in Part 4?
2. What does the neighborhood the African-American man's father tried to harm himself in signify to Sarah?
3. What did Sarah find at the location she searched for her father?
4. In whose home does Jesus fall asleep in?
5. Where did the African-American man's mother end up living?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)