|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the significance of the ability for the characters to hide their hair loss?
(a) That hair loss is no big deal.
(b) That identity is still in place.
(c) That people can hide flaws.
(d) The lack of permanence in people's lives.
2. Where did the African-American man and his family move to after their travels?
(c) New York.
3. What does the rejection of the African-American man's mother symbolize?
(d) Rejection of society.
4. What happened when Sarah saw her father in Part 4?
(a) She hit him.
(b) She hugged him.
(c) She kissed him.
(d) She ran past him.
5. What does the holiday that Sarah visits her father on symbolize?
6. What did the African-American man do for his mother?
(a) He cleaned for her.
(b) He took care of her.
(c) He cooked for her.
(d) He raised her children.
7. What does the neighborhood the African-American man's father tried to harm himself in signify to Sarah?
(a) Her rejection of Asian culture.
(b) Her rejection of Caucasion culture.
(c) Her rejection of African American culture.
(d) Her acceptence of African American Culture.
8. What part of the city was the African-American man's father in when he tried to hurt himself?
(b) Main Street.
9. How did the African-American man's father feel about his son?
(a) He was indifferent.
(b) He hated him.
(c) He loved him.
(d) He was disappointed.
10. What was the African-American man's father's reaction to the treatment of his wife?
(a) He became more determined to be the messiah.
(b) He killed her.
(c) He became more determined to find a job.
(d) He hit his son.
11. Who loses his or her hair in Part 4?
(a) The African American man.
(c) The landlady.
12. In whose home does Jesus fall asleep in?
(a) The home of the Duchess.
(b) The home of the Queen.
(c) The home of Sarah.
(d) His own house.
13. Who's story is the African-American man telling?
(a) His own.
(b) The Queen's.
14. Where did Sarah find her father in Part 4?
(a) At her apartment.
(b) At her mother's house.
(c) At a restaurant.
(d) At his apartment.
15. What does the character's hair loss in Part 4 signify?
(a) Loss of love.
(d) Loss of identity.
Short Answer Questions
1. How safe was the neighborhood that the African-American man's father tried to harm himself?
2. Who calms down the balding character in Part 4?
3. In whose name does Jesus claim he is going to kill someone at the end of Part 4?
4. How did the African-American man feel about his mother?
5. Where did the African-American man's mother end up living?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)