|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the African-American man's father do to his mother?
(a) He divorced her.
(b) He bought her a ring.
(c) He kissed her.
(d) He raped her.
2. What does the character's hair loss in Part 4 signify?
(a) Loss of identity.
(c) Loss of love.
3. Who returns to the stage in Part 4?
(c) The African-American man.
(d) The Landlady.
4. Who loses his or her hair in Part 4?
(b) The African American man.
(d) The landlady.
5. What does the neighborhood the African-American man's father tried to harm himself in signify to Sarah?
(a) Her rejection of Caucasion culture.
(b) Her acceptence of African American Culture.
(c) Her rejection of African American culture.
(d) Her rejection of Asian culture.
6. What did Sarah find at the location she searched for her father?
(a) No one was home.
(b) A gun.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
7. Who does Jesus fall asleep next to?
(a) The Landlady.
(b) The Duchess.
(c) No one.
8. What was the African-American man supposed to become?
(a) A doctor.
(c) A Christ-like figure.
(d) A teacher.
9. Where did Sarah search for her father?
(a) Her mother's house.
(b) His apartment.
(d) A bar.
10. How safe was the neighborhood that the African-American man's father tried to harm himself?
(a) There was no need for police.
(d) Very safe.
11. Where did the African-American man's mother end up living?
(a) An asylum.
(b) In the suburbs.
(c) A penthouse.
(d) A retirement home.
12. What did the African-American man's mother want him to do with what he learned on his travels?
(a) Become a chef.
(b) Teach what he learned to his people.
(c) Start a new business.
(d) Become a writer.
13. What place does the poetic imagery the Landlady uses in Part 4 reflect?
14. In whose name does Jesus claim he is going to kill someone at the end of Part 4?
(a) God and the Duchess.
(c) The Duchess and the Queen.
(d) God and Queen Victoria.
15. Who opens the play in Part 3?
(a) The African-American man.
(b) The Queen.
(d) The Duchess
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the character in Part 4 do when he or she realizes his or her hair fell out?
2. Where did Sarah find her father in Part 4?
3. How did the African-American man's father feel about his son?
4. The African-American man is telling another character's story. What aspect of this character's life do we learn through the African-American man?
5. What did Sarah's father want from her?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)