|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the significance of the continuous sound?
(a) The presence of Sarah's mother.
(b) The presence of the landlady.
(c) The presence of Sarah's father.
(d) The presence of God.
2. What happened to the African-American man's mother and father on their travels?
(a) They fell out of love.
(b) Their love grew stronger.
(c) They were robbed.
(d) They bought a house.
3. What was the economic status of the neighborhood where the African-American man's father tried to hurt himself?
(d) Middle Class.
4. What was the African-American man supposed to become?
(b) A Christ-like figure.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A doctor.
5. How did Sarah contribute to her father's death?
(a) By pushing him.
(b) By hiring a hit man.
(c) Through negligence.
(d) Through her self-hate.
6. What did the African-American man do for his mother?
(a) He cooked for her.
(b) He raised her children.
(c) He cleaned for her.
(d) He took care of her.
7. What did Sarah's father send her in Part 4?
(b) A gift.
(c) A letter.
8. What does the cross symbolize in the play?
(b) The Klu Klux Klan.
9. How does a character calm down the balding character in Part 4?
(a) By shaving his or her head.
(b) By giving a kiss.
(c) By showing that he or she is bald too.
(d) By giving a hug.
10. What was the African-American man's father's reaction to the treatment of his wife?
(a) He became more determined to be the messiah.
(b) He killed her.
(c) He hit his son.
(d) He became more determined to find a job.
11. Where did Sarah find her father in Part 4?
(a) At his apartment.
(b) At her apartment.
(c) At her mother's house.
(d) At a restaurant.
12. What happened when Sarah saw her father in Part 4?
(a) She ran past him.
(b) She hugged him.
(c) She hit him.
(d) She kissed him.
13. Where does Part 4 of the play begin?
(a) In the Duchess' house.
(b) On the street.
(c) In the Queens' house.
(d) In Sarah's house.
14. Which characters are in the scene when Part 4 begins?
(a) The Queen.
(b) The Duchess.
(c) The Duchess and Jesus.
(d) The Queen and Jesus.
15. On what holiday did Sarah visit her father?
(c) New Years.
(d) Valentine's Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the purpose of the object Sarah's father sent her?
2. How did the African-American man feel about his mother?
3. What condition was Sarah's father in when she saw him in Part 4?
4. Where was the African-American man's father when he tried to hurt himself?
5. What was the African-American man's father doing prior to what he did to African-American man's mother?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)