|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jesus say he will kill?
(a) Patrice Lumumba.
(b) Patrick Hanson.
(c) The Landlady.
(d) The Queens' father.
2. Which characters are in the scene when Part 4 begins?
(a) The Queen.
(b) The Duchess.
(c) The Duchess and Jesus.
(d) The Queen and Jesus.
3. What was the economic status of the neighborhood where the African-American man's father tried to hurt himself?
(c) Middle Class.
4. Who loses his or her hair in Part 4?
(b) The African American man.
(d) The landlady.
5. What did Sarah find at the location she searched for her father?
(a) Her father.
(b) A gun.
(c) Her mother.
(d) No one was home.
6. Where did Sarah find her father in Part 4?
(a) At her apartment.
(b) At his apartment.
(c) At a restaurant.
(d) At her mother's house.
7. What didn't the African-American man's mother want him to do?
(a) Have a child.
(b) Marry his wife.
(c) Divorce his wife.
(d) Move to Africa.
8. What was the African-American man's father's reaction to the treatment of his wife?
(a) He hit his son.
(b) He became more determined to be the messiah.
(c) He became more determined to find a job.
(d) He killed her.
9. What place does the poetic imagery the Landlady uses in Part 4 reflect?
10. What happened to the African-American man's mother and father on their travels?
(a) They bought a house.
(b) They fell out of love.
(c) Their love grew stronger.
(d) They were robbed.
11. What is the first thing the Duchess and Jesus speak about?
(a) Her lack of identity.
(b) Her father's blackness.
(c) His father's blackness.
(d) Her father's whiteness.
12. Who wanted the African-American man to achieve an unattainable goal in Part 3?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His church.
(d) His daughter.
13. What happened when Sarah saw her father in Part 4?
(a) She hugged him.
(b) She kissed him.
(c) She hit him.
(d) She ran past him.
14. The African-American man is telling another character's story. What aspect of this character's life do we learn through the African-American man?
(a) Her father's life.
(b) His father's life.
(c) Her mother's life.
(d) His mother's life.
15. Where does Part 4 of the play begin?
(a) In the Duchess' house.
(b) On the street.
(c) In Sarah's house.
(d) In the Queens' house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sarah's father want from her?
2. What was the African-American man supposed to become?
3. Who did the African American-man's father say were coming for him?
4. Where did Sarah search for her father?
5. What part of the city was the African-American man's father in when he tried to hurt himself?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)