|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How safe was the neighborhood that the African-American man's father tried to harm himself?
(a) There was no need for police.
(d) Very safe.
2. What condition was Sarah's father in when she saw him in Part 4?
(a) He was on drugs.
(b) He was drunk.
(c) He was injured.
(d) He was hallucinating.
3. Who did Sarah's father's mother want him to become?
(b) A messiah.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A doctor.
4. What place does the poetic imagery the Landlady uses in Part 4 reflect?
5. Where did Sarah search for her father?
(a) A bar.
(b) Her mother's house.
(d) His apartment.
6. Where was the African-American man's father when he tried to hurt himself?
(a) In a hotel room.
(b) In a restaurant.
(c) In a kitchen.
(d) On the beach.
7. Who loses his or her hair in Part 4?
(a) The landlady.
(b) The African American man.
8. The African-American man is telling another character's story. What aspect of this character's life do we learn through the African-American man?
(a) His father's life.
(b) Her mother's life.
(c) His mother's life.
(d) Her father's life.
9. How did Sarah contribute to her father's death?
(a) By pushing him.
(b) Through her self-hate.
(c) By hiring a hit man.
(d) Through negligence.
10. What does the character in Part 4 do when he or she realizes his or her hair fell out?
(d) Screams with terror.
11. Who returns to the stage in Part 4?
(a) The African-American man.
(d) The Landlady.
12. What part of the city was the African-American man's father in when he tried to hurt himself?
(a) Main Street.
13. Who calms down the balding character in Part 4?
(b) The Duchess.
(d) The Queen.
14. Where did the African-American man's mother want him to travel to?
15. What happened when Sarah saw her father in Part 4?
(a) She ran past him.
(b) She hugged him.
(c) She kissed him.
(d) She hit him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the African-American man's father feel about himself?
2. In Part 4, who does the Landlady say died?
3. What happened to the African-American man's mother and father on their travels?
4. What did Sarah's father want from her?
5. What is significant about the area of the city that the African-American man's father tried to hurt himself?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)