|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the African-American man's father when he tried to hurt himself?
(a) On the beach.
(b) In a restaurant.
(c) In a hotel room.
(d) In a kitchen.
2. What other name Queen Victoria was Queen Victoria known by?
(a) "Queen V."
(b) "Great Mother."
(c) "Great Black Mother."
(d) "Great White Mother."
3. Who did Sarah's father's mother want him to become?
(a) A messiah.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A doctor.
4. What do Jesus and the Duchess do to each other in Part 4?
(a) Comb each other's hair.
(b) Hug each other.
(c) Dress each other.
(d) Kiss each other.
5. What does the character in Part 4 do when he or she realizes his or her hair fell out?
(a) Screams with terror.
6. Where did Sarah search for her father?
(a) His apartment.
(b) A bar.
(c) Her mother's house.
7. What does the holiday that Sarah visits her father on symbolize?
8. What does the cross symbolize in the play?
(c) The Klu Klux Klan.
9. What is significant about the area of the city that the African-American man's father tried to hurt himself?
(a) It didn't have transportation.
(b) It was a white neighborhood.
(c) It was an African American ghetto.
(d) There were no churches.
10. What happened when Sarah saw her father in Part 4?
(a) She hugged him.
(b) She hit him.
(c) She ran past him.
(d) She kissed him.
11. What place does the poetic imagery the Landlady uses in Part 4 reflect?
12. What was the purpose of the object Sarah's father sent her?
(a) Birthday gift.
13. What did the African-American man's father say the people that were coming for him were going to do to him?
(a) Hang him.
(b) Arrest him.
(c) Nail him to a cross.
(d) Shoot him.
14. What did Sarah's father want from her?
(a) Her love.
(c) Her forgiveness.
15. What did the African-American man's mother want him to do with what he learned on his travels?
(a) Teach what he learned to his people.
(b) Become a writer.
(c) Become a chef.
(d) Start a new business.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sarah find at the location she searched for her father?
2. How did Sarah contribute to her father's death?
3. In whose name does Jesus claim he is going to kill someone at the end of Part 4?
4. In Part 4, who does the Landlady say died?
5. What did the African-American man's mother want him to learn on his journey?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)