|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the African-American man's mother and father on their travels?
(a) Their love grew stronger.
(b) They were robbed.
(c) They fell out of love.
(d) They bought a house.
2. Where did the African-American man and his family move to after their travels?
(b) New York.
3. What does the holiday that Sarah visits her father on symbolize?
4. Who returns to the stage in Part 4?
(a) The Landlady.
(d) The African-American man.
5. What didn't the African-American man's mother want him to do?
(a) Move to Africa.
(b) Marry his wife.
(c) Have a child.
(d) Divorce his wife.
6. What was the purpose of the object Sarah's father sent her?
(a) Birthday gift.
7. What is significant about the area of the city that the African-American man's father tried to hurt himself?
(a) There were no churches.
(b) It was an African American ghetto.
(c) It was a white neighborhood.
(d) It didn't have transportation.
8. Where did the African-American man's father and mother travel to?
9. What happens when Jesus wakes up in Part 4?
(a) He claims he will go back to Africa.
(b) He leaves the room.
(c) He claims he is moving to New York.
(d) He cries.
10. The African-American man says his father tried to hurt himself at the end of Part 3. What did he try and do?
(a) Hang himself.
(b) Cut himself.
(c) Poison himself.
(d) Shoot himself.
11. What place does the poetic imagery the Landlady uses in Part 4 reflect?
12. Where does Part 4 of the play begin?
(a) In the Duchess' house.
(b) On the street.
(c) In the Queens' house.
(d) In Sarah's house.
13. In whose home does Jesus fall asleep in?
(a) His own house.
(b) The home of the Duchess.
(c) The home of the Queen.
(d) The home of Sarah.
14. Where did Sarah find her father in Part 4?
(a) At her mother's house.
(b) At her apartment.
(c) At a restaurant.
(d) At his apartment.
15. Which characters are in the scene when Part 4 begins?
(a) The Queen and Jesus.
(b) The Duchess.
(c) The Duchess and Jesus.
(d) The Queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who opens the play in Part 3?
2. Who wanted the African-American man to achieve an unattainable goal in Part 3?
3. Where did the African-American man's mother want him to travel to?
4. What is the significance of the ability for the characters to hide their hair loss?
5. Who loses his or her hair in Part 4?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)