|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sarah's father say that his existence depended on?
(a) Her forgetting him.
(b) Her thanking him.
(c) Her rejecting him.
(d) Her embracing him.
2. What place does the poetic imagery the Landlady uses in Part 4 reflect?
3. What did the African-American man's father feel about himself?
(a) He loved himself.
(b) He hated himself.
(c) He thought he was wise.
(d) He thought he was handsome.
4. Where did the African-American man and his family move to after their travels?
(a) New York.
5. Where was the African-American man's father when he tried to hurt himself?
(a) On the beach.
(b) In a hotel room.
(c) In a kitchen.
(d) In a restaurant.
6. What calms the balding character down in Part 4?
(a) That the baldness can be hidden.
(c) A hot bath.
7. Who wanted the African-American man to achieve an unattainable goal in Part 3?
(a) His father.
(b) His church.
(c) His mother.
(d) His daughter.
8. The African-American man is telling another character's story. What aspect of this character's life do we learn through the African-American man?
(a) His mother's life.
(b) Her father's life.
(c) His father's life.
(d) Her mother's life.
9. Where does Part 4 of the play begin?
(a) On the street.
(b) In Sarah's house.
(c) In the Queens' house.
(d) In the Duchess' house.
10. What did Sarah's father send her in Part 4?
(b) A letter.
(d) A gift.
11. Who did Sarah's father's mother want him to become?
(a) A doctor.
(c) A messiah.
(d) A teacher.
12. On what holiday did Sarah visit her father?
(a) New Years.
(d) Valentine's Day.
13. How did Sarah contribute to her father's death?
(a) Through her self-hate.
(b) Through negligence.
(c) By pushing him.
(d) By hiring a hit man.
14. Who does Jesus say he will kill?
(a) Patrick Hanson.
(b) The Queens' father.
(c) Patrice Lumumba.
(d) The Landlady.
15. In Part 4, who does the Landlady say died?
(a) Sarah's father.
(c) Patrice Lumumba.
(d) The Queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who's story is the African-American man telling?
2. Who calms down the balding character in Part 4?
3. In whose name does Jesus claim he is going to kill someone at the end of Part 4?
4. Who returns to the stage in Part 4?
5. What part of the city was the African-American man's father in when he tried to hurt himself?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)