|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In whose home does Jesus fall asleep in?
(a) The home of Sarah.
(b) His own house.
(c) The home of the Queen.
(d) The home of the Duchess.
2. What was the African-American man's father's reaction to the treatment of his wife?
(a) He killed her.
(b) He became more determined to find a job.
(c) He became more determined to be the messiah.
(d) He hit his son.
3. How safe was the neighborhood that the African-American man's father tried to harm himself?
(a) Very safe.
(b) There was no need for police.
4. Who opens the play in Part 3?
(b) The African-American man.
(c) The Queen.
(d) The Duchess
5. What was the African-American man's father doing prior to what he did to African-American man's mother?
(d) Doing drugs.
6. What did Sarah's father say that his existence depended on?
(a) Her thanking him.
(b) Her forgetting him.
(c) Her rejecting him.
(d) Her embracing him.
7. What is significant about the area of the city that the African-American man's father tried to hurt himself?
(a) There were no churches.
(b) It was a white neighborhood.
(c) It was an African American ghetto.
(d) It didn't have transportation.
8. Who wanted the African-American man to achieve an unattainable goal in Part 3?
(a) His father.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His mother.
(d) His church.
9. What was the purpose of the object Sarah's father sent her?
(a) Birthday gift.
10. What is the significance of the ability for the characters to hide their hair loss?
(a) That people can hide flaws.
(b) The lack of permanence in people's lives.
(c) That identity is still in place.
(d) That hair loss is no big deal.
11. What place does the poetic imagery the Landlady uses in Part 4 reflect?
12. On what holiday did Sarah visit her father?
(c) Valentine's Day.
(d) New Years.
13. Where did the African-American man and his family move to after their travels?
(b) New York.
14. How did Sarah contribute to her father's death?
(a) Through negligence.
(b) By hiring a hit man.
(c) By pushing him.
(d) Through her self-hate.
15. What does the character's hair loss in Part 4 signify?
(a) Loss of love.
(d) Loss of identity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the African-American man's father feel about himself?
2. What does the rejection of the African-American man's mother symbolize?
3. Did Sarah ever forgive her father in Part 4?
4. In whose name does Jesus claim he is going to kill someone at the end of Part 4?
5. What did Sarah's father want from her?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)