|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sarah's father send her in Part 4?
(c) A letter.
(d) A gift.
2. Who did Sarah's father's mother want him to become?
(a) A teacher.
(c) A messiah.
(d) A doctor.
3. What did Sarah's father say that his existence depended on?
(a) Her embracing him.
(b) Her rejecting him.
(c) Her thanking him.
(d) Her forgetting him.
4. Where did the African-American man and his family move to after their travels?
(b) New York.
5. How safe was the neighborhood that the African-American man's father tried to harm himself?
(a) There was no need for police.
(b) Very safe.
6. Who loses his or her hair in Part 4?
(b) The African American man.
(d) The landlady.
7. What did Sarah's father want from her?
(a) Her forgiveness.
(c) Her love.
8. What did the African-American man's father say the people that were coming for him were going to do to him?
(a) Nail him to a cross.
(b) Hang him.
(c) Arrest him.
(d) Shoot him.
9. In Part 4, who does the Landlady say died?
(a) Sarah's father.
(c) The Queen.
(d) Patrice Lumumba.
10. Which characters are in the scene when Part 4 begins?
(a) The Queen and Jesus.
(b) The Queen.
(c) The Duchess.
(d) The Duchess and Jesus.
11. What did the African-American man's mother want him to do with what he learned on his travels?
(a) Become a writer.
(b) Teach what he learned to his people.
(c) Start a new business.
(d) Become a chef.
12. In whose name does Jesus claim he is going to kill someone at the end of Part 4?
(a) The Duchess and the Queen.
(c) God and Queen Victoria.
(d) God and the Duchess.
13. What did the African-American man's father feel about himself?
(a) He thought he was wise.
(b) He hated himself.
(c) He loved himself.
(d) He thought he was handsome.
14. What is the significance of the ability for the characters to hide their hair loss?
(a) That identity is still in place.
(b) That people can hide flaws.
(c) That hair loss is no big deal.
(d) The lack of permanence in people's lives.
15. On what holiday did Sarah visit her father?
(c) Valentine's Day.
(d) New Years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the neighborhood the African-American man's father tried to harm himself in signify to Sarah?
2. What does the character in Part 4 do when he or she realizes his or her hair fell out?
3. How does a character calm down the balding character in Part 4?
4. Who wanted the African-American man to achieve an unattainable goal in Part 3?
5. What happened to the African-American man's mother and father on their travels?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)