|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of the city was the African-American man's father in when he tried to hurt himself?
(a) Main Street.
2. Who does Jesus fall asleep next to?
(a) The Duchess.
(b) No one.
(c) The Landlady.
3. What happens when Jesus wakes up in Part 4?
(a) He cries.
(b) He claims he will go back to Africa.
(c) He leaves the room.
(d) He claims he is moving to New York.
4. What sound is heard in Part 4?
5. Where did Sarah search for her father?
(b) His apartment.
(c) Her mother's house.
(d) A bar.
6. What is the first thing the Duchess and Jesus speak about?
(a) Her father's blackness.
(b) Her father's whiteness.
(c) His father's blackness.
(d) Her lack of identity.
7. What happened when Sarah saw her father in Part 4?
(a) She hit him.
(b) She hugged him.
(c) She ran past him.
(d) She kissed him.
8. Did Sarah ever forgive her father in Part 4?
(c) She can't decide.
(d) Her father does not want her forgiveness.
9. Where did the African-American man and his family move to after their travels?
(d) New York.
10. What did the African-American man's father say the people that were coming for him were going to do to him?
(a) Hang him.
(b) Nail him to a cross.
(c) Arrest him.
(d) Shoot him.
11. Who returns to the stage in Part 4?
(a) The African-American man.
(d) The Landlady.
12. What didn't the African-American man's mother want him to do?
(a) Move to Africa.
(b) Marry his wife.
(c) Have a child.
(d) Divorce his wife.
13. On what holiday did Sarah visit her father?
(b) New Years.
(c) Valentine's Day.
14. What place does the poetic imagery the Landlady uses in Part 4 reflect?
15. What do Jesus and the Duchess do to each other in Part 4?
(a) Kiss each other.
(b) Dress each other.
(c) Hug each other.
(d) Comb each other's hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the significance of the ability for the characters to hide their hair loss?
2. How did the African-American man's father feel about his son?
3. Where did the African-American man's father and mother travel to?
4. What calms the balding character down in Part 4?
5. In Part 4, who does the Landlady say died?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)