|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What calms the balding character down in Part 4?
(b) That the baldness can be hidden.
(d) A hot bath.
2. On what holiday did Sarah visit her father?
(a) Valentine's Day.
(d) New Years.
3. What do Jesus and the Duchess do to each other in Part 4?
(a) Comb each other's hair.
(b) Hug each other.
(c) Dress each other.
(d) Kiss each other.
4. What does the character's hair loss in Part 4 signify?
(b) Loss of love.
(d) Loss of identity.
5. What did the African-American man's mother want him to do with what he learned on his travels?
(a) Start a new business.
(b) Teach what he learned to his people.
(c) Become a writer.
(d) Become a chef.
6. Where did Sarah find her father in Part 4?
(a) At her apartment.
(b) At her mother's house.
(c) At a restaurant.
(d) At his apartment.
7. In whose home does Jesus fall asleep in?
(a) His own house.
(b) The home of Sarah.
(c) The home of the Queen.
(d) The home of the Duchess.
8. What is the first thing the Duchess and Jesus speak about?
(a) Her lack of identity.
(b) Her father's blackness.
(c) Her father's whiteness.
(d) His father's blackness.
9. What happens when Jesus wakes up in Part 4?
(a) He claims he is moving to New York.
(b) He leaves the room.
(c) He cries.
(d) He claims he will go back to Africa.
10. What does the neighborhood the African-American man's father tried to harm himself in signify to Sarah?
(a) Her rejection of Caucasion culture.
(b) Her rejection of Asian culture.
(c) Her acceptence of African American Culture.
(d) Her rejection of African American culture.
11. Where did the African-American man's mother end up living?
(a) A penthouse.
(b) A retirement home.
(c) In the suburbs.
(d) An asylum.
12. What did Sarah's father say that his existence depended on?
(a) Her rejecting him.
(b) Her thanking him.
(c) Her embracing him.
(d) Her forgetting him.
13. Who did the African American-man's father say were coming for him?
(d) The police.
14. Which characters are in the scene when Part 4 begins?
(a) The Duchess and Jesus.
(b) The Duchess.
(c) The Queen and Jesus.
(d) The Queen.
15. Where does Part 4 of the play begin?
(a) In Sarah's house.
(b) On the street.
(c) In the Queens' house.
(d) In the Duchess' house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who opens the play in Part 3?
2. What condition was Sarah's father in when she saw him in Part 4?
3. Who does Jesus fall asleep next to?
4. What does the character in Part 4 do when he or she realizes his or her hair fell out?
5. How does a character calm down the balding character in Part 4?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)