|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the purpose of the object Sarah's father sent her?
(d) Birthday gift.
2. On what holiday did Sarah visit her father?
(a) New Years.
(d) Valentine's Day.
3. What did Sarah's father send her in Part 4?
(a) A gift.
(c) A letter.
4. Who loses his or her hair in Part 4?
(a) The landlady.
(b) The African American man.
5. Who does Jesus fall asleep next to?
(b) The Landlady.
(c) No one.
(d) The Duchess.
6. What does the character in Part 4 do when he or she realizes his or her hair fell out?
(d) Screams with terror.
7. What did Sarah's father want from her?
(c) Her forgiveness.
(d) Her love.
8. What did Sarah's father say that his existence depended on?
(a) Her forgetting him.
(b) Her thanking him.
(c) Her embracing him.
(d) Her rejecting him.
9. What did the African-American man's father feel about himself?
(a) He hated himself.
(b) He loved himself.
(c) He thought he was handsome.
(d) He thought he was wise.
10. What was the economic status of the neighborhood where the African-American man's father tried to hurt himself?
(b) Middle Class.
11. What does the character's hair loss in Part 4 signify?
(a) Loss of love.
(b) Loss of identity.
12. How did Sarah contribute to her father's death?
(a) Through negligence.
(b) By hiring a hit man.
(c) By pushing him.
(d) Through her self-hate.
13. Where did the African-American man and his family move to after their travels?
(c) New York.
14. In whose name does Jesus claim he is going to kill someone at the end of Part 4?
(a) God and the Duchess.
(c) God and Queen Victoria.
(d) The Duchess and the Queen.
15. What was the African-American man's father doing prior to what he did to African-American man's mother?
(b) Doing drugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the African-American man do for his mother?
2. What was the African-American man's father's reaction to the treatment of his wife?
3. What condition was Sarah's father in when she saw him in Part 4?
4. What sound is heard in Part 4?
5. What happened to the African-American man's mother and father on their travels?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)