|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occupation did "Negro" used to hold?
2. What city does "Negro" tell the audience she lives in?
(b) New York.
3. What does the audience realize the white woman is muttering as she crosses the stage a second time?
(a) That she is God.
(b) That the voices will not stop.
(c) That she will never let a black man touch her.
(d) That she will never let a white man touch her.
4. Where does the play open?
(a) In a funhouse.
(b) In a school house.
(c) In Sarah's room.
(d) In a bar.
5. What does the Duchess ask Raymond to do?
(a) Kiss her.
(b) Kill her.
(c) Hide her.
(d) Marry her.
6. What is the Duchess afraid of in Part 2?
(a) Her sister.
(b) The Queen.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
7. What hairstyle does the Duchess' mother have?
(b) She is bald.
8. What color does "Negro" believe to be the color of evil?
9. Who is making the noise that the the Duchess of Hapsburg and Queen Victoria hear throughout the scene?
(a) The Duchess' father.
(b) The Landlady.
(c) The Queens' father.
10. How does the African-American man speak about his life?
(a) In song.
(b) With joy.
11. What is odd about the Duchess father's presence?
(a) He has three fingers.
(b) He climbs through the window.
(c) He is dead.
(d) He is not invited.
12. What color dress does the woman Adrienne Kennedy refers to as "Negro" wear?
13. What does "Negro" wear around her neck?
(a) A tie.
(b) A noose.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A crucifix necklace.
14. What does the Landlady say happened to Sarah's father?
(a) He hanged himself.
(b) He moved to the city.
(c) He married a new wife.
(d) He shot himself.
15. What does the Landlady repeatedly do?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the African American man refer to himself as?
2. How does the African-American man feel about himself?
3. Where does the Landlady say Sarah stays?
4. What is heard throughout the scene with the Duchess of Hapsburg and Queen Victoria?
5. What was the person the African-American man dreamed about doing?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)