|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound is heard throughout Part 2?
2. What color dress does the woman Adrienne Kennedy refers to as "Negro" wear?
3. What did the person the African-American man dreamed about do to the African-American man?
(a) Hugged him.
(b) Kissed him.
(c) Hurt him.
(d) Chased him.
4. What is the play's stage setting supposed to represent?
(a) A farm.
(b) Downtown Harlem.
(c) A circus.
(d) A funhouse.
5. An African-American man walks on stage in Part 2. What is he carrying?
(a) A bible.
(b) A mask.
(c) A knife.
(d) A baby.
6. Why do the Duchess of Hapsburg and Queen Victoria feel bound to the Duchess' father?
(a) Because he keeps returning.
(b) Because they are sisters.
(c) Because he lends them money.
(d) Because they share a home.
7. What color does "Negro" believe to be the color of evil?
8. What does the Landlady tell Sarah about her father?
(a) That her death is her fault.
(b) That his death is not her fault.
(c) That her father was an honorable man.
(d) That he is not her father.
9. Where does the Landlady say Sarah stays?
(a) In the closet.
(b) In the bar.
(c) In her room.
(d) In the library.
10. What does the African American man claim he was born between?
(a) Two generations.
(b) A mother and father.
(c) A rock and a hard place.
(d) Two worlds.
11. What does the Landlady repeatedly do?
12. What does the Duchess bring to the Queen?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A plate of food.
(c) A bag of clothes.
(d) A bag of hair.
13. What does the Duchess think her father wants to do to her?
(a) Touch her like he did her mother.
(b) Take her to dinner.
(c) Send her away.
(d) Murder her.
14. What is Raymond dressed as?
(a) A funhouse guide.
(b) A warrior.
(c) A waiter.
(d) A witch.
15. What city does "Negro" tell the audience she lives in?
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Duchess' father do to her mother?
2. Who does "Negro" transform into?
3. What hairstyle does the Duchess' mother have?
4. What did the Duchess' father do for a job?
5. What is symbolic about the African-American man's hair?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)