|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ethnicity is the person who makes the continuous noise in Part 1?
2. Who opens Part 2 of Adrienne Kennedy's play?
(a) Duchess and the queen.
(c) The Landylady.
(d) The Duchess and Raymond.
3. Where does the Landlady say Sarah stays?
(a) In the bar.
(b) In the library.
(c) In her room.
(d) In the closet.
4. What does the Landlady say happened to Sarah's father?
(a) He moved to the city.
(b) He married a new wife.
(c) He shot himself.
(d) He hanged himself.
5. What does the Landlady repeatedly do?
6. What sound is heard throughout Part 2?
7. What city does "Negro" tell the audience she lives in?
(b) New York.
8. What is heard throughout the scene with the Duchess of Hapsburg and Queen Victoria?
9. Where does the Duchess say her mother is?
(a) In a retirement home.
(b) In heaven.
(c) In hell.
(d) In an asylum.
10. What does the Duchess bring to the Queen?
(a) A bag of hair.
(b) A bag of clothes.
(c) A plate of food.
(d) A blanket.
11. How does Sarah claim she killed her father?
(a) She hanged him.
(b) She shot him.
(c) She knocked him over the head.
(d) She stabbed him.
12. What is the Duchess afraid of in Part 2?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her sister.
(d) The Queen.
13. What is odd about the Duchess father's presence?
(a) He is not invited.
(b) He climbs through the window.
(c) He is dead.
(d) He has three fingers.
14. Who does the African-American man that walks on stage represent?
(a) Sarah's boyfriend.
(b) Sarah's father.
(c) Sarah's son.
(d) Sarah's brother.
15. Where are the Duchess of Hapsburg and Queen Victoria in Part 1?
(a) Sarah's room.
(b) The park.
(c) The chamber room.
(d) The Queen's room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the white statue in "Negro's" room of?
2. What does Queen Victoria say in her scene with the Duchess in Part 2?
3. What is symbolic about what the Duchess is losing?
4. What hairstyle does the Duchess' mother have?
5. What does the Landlady believe Sarah thinks she is?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)