|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Adrienne Kennedy describe the Landlady's character?
2. Who does the African-American man say he dreamed about?
(a) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His uncle.
3. What are the hairpieces that the Duchess of Hapsburg and Queen Victoria wear made of?
(a) Straight blonde hair.
(b) Wild, curly black hair.
(c) Long red hair.
(d) Straight black hair.
4. What happens because of the African-American man's feelings about himself?
(a) He kills himself.
(b) His hair falls out.
(c) He becomes wealthy.
(d) He receives a promotion.
5. Where are the Duchess of Hapsburg and Queen Victoria in Part 1?
(a) The park.
(b) Sarah's room.
(c) The chamber room.
(d) The Queen's room.
6. What does the object around "Negro's" neck symbolize?
(b) The cold climate.
7. What is the African-American man's dream symbolic of?
(a) Sarah's fear of rejection.
(b) Sarah's fear of intimacy.
(c) Sarah's mother's fear of intimacy with an African-American male.
(d) The Landlady's fear of intimacy.
8. Who is Raymond?
(a) A Latino man.
(b) A black man.
(c) An Asian man.
(d) A white man.
9. Where does the play open?
(a) In a bar.
(b) In a school house.
(c) In a funhouse.
(d) In Sarah's room.
10. What does Sarah claim she used to kill her father?
(a) A black skull.
(b) A gun.
(c) A knife.
(d) A noose.
11. What occupation did "Negro" used to hold?
12. What does the Landlady tell Sarah about her father?
(a) That her death is her fault.
(b) That he is not her father.
(c) That her father was an honorable man.
(d) That his death is not her fault.
13. What is the play's stage setting supposed to represent?
(a) A circus.
(b) A funhouse.
(c) A farm.
(d) Downtown Harlem.
14. The African-American man reappears in the scene with the Duchess and the Queen. What is he carrying?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A bag of hair.
(c) A plate of food.
(d) A black mask.
15. Where does "Negro" tell people she lives?
(a) The streets.
(b) A large house.
(c) A farm.
(d) A small apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Duchess of Hapsburg and Queen Victoria wear on their faces?
2. What color does "Negro" believe to be the color of evil?
3. What does "Negro" wear around her neck?
4. Who does "Negro" transform into?
5. What did the Duchess' father do for a job?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)