|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Landlady say happened to Sarah's father?
(a) He married a new wife.
(b) He moved to the city.
(c) He hanged himself.
(d) He shot himself.
2. What occupation did "Negro" used to hold?
3. Who is Raymond?
(a) A Latino man.
(b) A black man.
(c) A white man.
(d) An Asian man.
4. What is Raymond dressed as?
(a) A funhouse guide.
(b) A witch.
(c) A warrior.
(d) A waiter.
5. What color dress does the woman Adrienne Kennedy refers to as "Negro" wear?
6. Where was the person the African-American man dreamed about sitting?
(a) On the floor.
(b) On a bed.
(c) On a beach.
(d) On a chair.
7. What is the white statue in "Negro's" room of?
(a) Queen Victoria.
8. The African-American man reappears in the scene with the Duchess and the Queen. What is he carrying?
(a) A bag of hair.
(b) A black mask.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A plate of food.
9. Where does the Duchess say her mother is?
(a) In a retirement home.
(b) In an asylum.
(c) In heaven.
(d) In hell.
10. On what did "Negro" write poetry?
(c) White paper.
(d) Yellow paper.
11. What did the person the African-American man dreamed about keep saying?
(a) "White man."
(d) "Black man."
12. What is the Duchess missing half of at the start of Part 2?
(a) Half of her fingers.
(b) Half of her makeup.
(c) Half of her hair.
(d) Half of her money.
13. Why do the Duchess of Hapsburg and Queen Victoria feel bound to the Duchess' father?
(a) Because they are sisters.
(b) Because they share a home.
(c) Because he keeps returning.
(d) Because he lends them money.
14. Who is making the noise that the the Duchess of Hapsburg and Queen Victoria hear throughout the scene?
(a) The Duchess' father.
(b) The Queens' father.
(d) The Landlady.
15. What does the white woman do as she walks across the stage?
(a) She sobs.
(b) She mumbles.
(c) She screams.
(d) She laughs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Landlady believe Sarah's hair is falling out?
2. What color does "Negro" believe to be the color of evil?
3. What is odd about the Duchess father's presence?
4. At the start of the play a white woman walks across the stage. What is the white woman wearing?
5. At the end of Part 2, what does the African-American man claim he did?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)