|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duchess bring to the Queen?
(a) A bag of clothes.
(b) A bag of hair.
(c) A plate of food.
(d) A blanket.
2. On what did "Negro" write poetry?
(a) White paper.
(b) Yellow paper.
3. What does the Duchess ask Raymond to do?
(a) Kiss her.
(b) Hide her.
(c) Marry her.
(d) Kill her.
4. What does "Negro" wear around her neck?
(a) A noose.
(b) A crucifix necklace.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A tie.
5. What does the object around "Negro's" neck symbolize?
(b) The cold climate.
6. Who does the African American man refer to himself as?
(a) Patrice Frank.
(b) Leonard Nemoy.
(c) Patty O'Gill.
(d) Patrice Lumumba.
7. What ethnicity is the person who makes the continuous noise in Part 1?
8. Where are the Duchess of Hapsburg and Queen Victoria in Part 1?
(a) The Queen's room.
(b) The chamber room.
(c) Sarah's room.
(d) The park.
9. Where does the Duchess say her mother is?
(a) In an asylum.
(b) In heaven.
(c) In a retirement home.
(d) In hell.
10. What occupation did "Negro" used to hold?
11. Where was the person the African-American man dreamed about sitting?
(a) On a chair.
(b) On a bed.
(c) On a beach.
(d) On the floor.
12. Who is Raymond?
(a) An Asian man.
(b) A Latino man.
(c) A white man.
(d) A black man.
13. How does Adrienne Kennedy describe the Landlady's character?
14. What hairstyle does the Duchess' mother have?
(a) She is bald.
15. What does the African American man claim he was born between?
(a) Two worlds.
(b) A mother and father.
(c) A rock and a hard place.
(d) Two generations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the play open?
2. What does the Landlady tell Sarah about her father?
3. What is odd about the Duchess father's presence?
4. What did the Duchess' father do to her mother?
5. What happens because of the African-American man's feelings about himself?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)