|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occupation did "Negro" used to hold?
2. What is odd about the Duchess father's presence?
(a) He climbs through the window.
(b) He is not invited.
(c) He has three fingers.
(d) He is dead.
3. Who does the African-American man say he dreamed about?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
4. What does the Landlady believe Sarah thinks she is?
(a) A queen.
(b) An actress.
(c) A dancer.
(d) A princess.
5. Where does "Negro" tell people she lives?
(a) The streets.
(b) A small apartment.
(c) A farm.
(d) A large house.
6. Where was the person the African-American man dreamed about sitting?
(a) On a beach.
(b) On the floor.
(c) On a bed.
(d) On a chair.
7. Who is making the noise that the the Duchess of Hapsburg and Queen Victoria hear throughout the scene?
(a) The Duchess' father.
(b) The Queens' father.
(c) The Landlady.
8. Who opens Part 2 of Adrienne Kennedy's play?
(a) Duchess and the queen.
(b) The Landylady.
(c) The Duchess and Raymond.
9. Who does the Duchess represent?
(a) An element of black history.
(b) An element of Sarah.
(c) An element of the Landlady.
(d) An element of the author.
10. On what did "Negro" write poetry?
(b) Yellow paper.
(d) White paper.
11. What is the job of the Duchess' father symbolic of?
(a) The stereotype of African-Americans as entertainers.
(b) African-Americans losing themselves to the "white man's" religion.
(c) The joy in her family.
(d) The Harlem Renaissance.
12. What causes "Negro" to lose her hair?
(a) She pulls it out.
13. An African-American man walks on stage in Part 2. What is he carrying?
(a) A mask.
(b) A knife.
(c) A baby.
(d) A bible.
14. What does the Duchess think her father wants to do to her?
(a) Take her to dinner.
(b) Murder her.
(c) Touch her like he did her mother.
(d) Send her away.
15. What is the Duchess afraid of in Part 2?
(a) Her sister.
(b) The Queen.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Duchess' father do to her mother?
2. Where are the Duchess of Hapsburg and Queen Victoria in Part 1?
3. What does the Landlady repeatedly do?
4. How does Adrienne Kennedy describe the Landlady's character?
5. What hairstyle does the Duchess' mother have?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)