|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duchess ask Raymond to do?
(a) Hide her.
(b) Kill her.
(c) Kiss her.
(d) Marry her.
2. What is Raymond dressed as?
(a) A witch.
(b) A waiter.
(c) A funhouse guide.
(d) A warrior.
3. What does the Landlady say happened to Sarah's father?
(a) He married a new wife.
(b) He moved to the city.
(c) He hanged himself.
(d) He shot himself.
4. What ethnicity is the person who makes the continuous noise in Part 1?
5. What sound is heard throughout Part 2?
6. What does "Negro" long to have?
(c) White friends.
(d) Black friends.
7. What is symbolic about the African-American man's hair?
(a) It represents nothing.
(b) It represents Sarah's shedding of African American identity.
(c) It represents the the change in society.
(d) It represents Sarah's growth.
8. What is odd about the Duchess father's presence?
(a) He is dead.
(b) He climbs through the window.
(c) He is not invited.
(d) He has three fingers.
9. Where does the Landlady say Sarah stays?
(a) In her room.
(b) In the library.
(c) In the bar.
(d) In the closet.
10. What does the Duchess' reaction to her father cause her to do?
(a) Lose her job.
(b) Lose her identity.
(c) Lose her hair.
(d) Lose her money.
11. What did the person the African-American man dreamed about keep saying?
(a) "Black man."
(c) "White man."
12. What does the Duchess bring to the Queen?
(a) A bag of hair.
(b) A bag of clothes.
(c) A plate of food.
(d) A blanket.
13. Who does the African American man refer to himself as?
(a) Patrice Frank.
(b) Patrice Lumumba.
(c) Patty O'Gill.
(d) Leonard Nemoy.
14. Where was the person the African-American man dreamed about sitting?
(a) On a beach.
(b) On a bed.
(c) On the floor.
(d) On a chair.
15. What was the person the African-American man dreamed about doing?
(b) Calling to him.
(c) Reading a book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color dress does the woman Adrienne Kennedy refers to as "Negro" wear?
2. How does Sarah claim she killed her father?
3. The African-American man reappears in the scene with the Duchess and the Queen. What is he carrying?
4. How does Adrienne Kennedy describe the Landlady's character?
5. What does the African American man claim he was born between?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)