|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is odd about the Duchess father's presence?
(a) He is not invited.
(b) He climbs through the window.
(c) He has three fingers.
(d) He is dead.
2. Who does the African American man refer to himself as?
(a) Patrice Lumumba.
(b) Patrice Frank.
(c) Leonard Nemoy.
(d) Patty O'Gill.
3. Who does the African-American man say he dreamed about?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(d) His uncle.
4. What does the Landlady tell Sarah about her father?
(a) That her father was an honorable man.
(b) That his death is not her fault.
(c) That he is not her father.
(d) That her death is her fault.
5. What does the Duchess' reaction to her father cause her to do?
(a) Lose her job.
(b) Lose her hair.
(c) Lose her identity.
(d) Lose her money.
6. What occupation did "Negro" used to hold?
7. What does Sarah claim she used to kill her father?
(a) A black skull.
(b) A noose.
(c) A gun.
(d) A knife.
8. What does "Negro" wear around her neck?
(a) A scarf.
(b) A noose.
(c) A tie.
(d) A crucifix necklace.
9. Who does the African-American man that walks on stage represent?
(a) Sarah's son.
(b) Sarah's brother.
(c) Sarah's father.
(d) Sarah's boyfriend.
10. What is symbolic about what the Duchess is losing?
(a) She is leaving capitalist society.
(b) She is becoming a hippie.
(c) She is shedding her African American traits.
(d) She is sexually confused.
11. What city does "Negro" tell the audience she lives in?
(a) New York.
12. What is the white statue in "Negro's" room of?
(d) Queen Victoria.
13. Who does the Duchess represent?
(a) An element of black history.
(b) An element of the author.
(c) An element of the Landlady.
(d) An element of Sarah.
14. What is heard throughout the scene with the Duchess of Hapsburg and Queen Victoria?
15. Who opens Part 2 of Adrienne Kennedy's play?
(a) The Landylady.
(b) The Duchess and Raymond.
(c) Duchess and the queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is making the noise that the the Duchess of Hapsburg and Queen Victoria hear throughout the scene?
2. What does the object around "Negro's" neck symbolize?
3. What does Queen Victoria say in her scene with the Duchess in Part 2?
4. How does the African-American man feel about himself?
5. Where does the Landlady say Sarah stays?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)