|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the object around "Negro's" neck symbolize?
(b) The cold climate.
2. What is Raymond dressed as?
(a) A witch.
(b) A waiter.
(c) A warrior.
(d) A funhouse guide.
3. What sound is heard throughout Part 2?
4. What are the hairpieces that the Duchess of Hapsburg and Queen Victoria wear made of?
(a) Long red hair.
(b) Straight black hair.
(c) Straight blonde hair.
(d) Wild, curly black hair.
5. What does the audience realize the white woman is muttering as she crosses the stage a second time?
(a) That she will never let a black man touch her.
(b) That the voices will not stop.
(c) That she is God.
(d) That she will never let a white man touch her.
6. What is the white statue in "Negro's" room of?
(a) Queen Victoria.
7. Where does "Negro" tell people she lives?
(a) A large house.
(b) A small apartment.
(c) The streets.
(d) A farm.
8. What causes "Negro" to lose her hair?
(a) She pulls it out.
9. Why does the Landlady believe Sarah's hair is falling out?
(a) Sarah shaves her head.
(d) She is suffering from the death of her father.
10. Who is Raymond?
(a) An Asian man.
(b) A white man.
(c) A Latino man.
(d) A black man.
11. What is odd about the Duchess father's presence?
(a) He climbs through the window.
(b) He is dead.
(c) He is not invited.
(d) He has three fingers.
12. What did the Duchess' father do for a job?
(a) He was a missionary.
(b) He was a clown.
(c) He was a writer.
(d) He was an actor.
13. Where are the Duchess of Hapsburg and Queen Victoria in Part 1?
(a) The Queen's room.
(b) Sarah's room.
(c) The park.
(d) The chamber room.
14. What does the Landlady say happened to Sarah's father?
(a) He moved to the city.
(b) He shot himself.
(c) He hanged himself.
(d) He married a new wife.
15. What is heard throughout the scene with the Duchess of Hapsburg and Queen Victoria?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the start of the play a white woman walks across the stage. What is the white woman wearing?
2. An African-American man walks on stage in Part 2. What is he carrying?
3. What does the Landlady believe Sarah thinks she is?
4. What is the play's stage setting supposed to represent?
5. How does the African-American man speak about his life?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)