|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who opens Part 2 of Adrienne Kennedy's play?
(a) The Duchess and Raymond.
(b) Duchess and the queen.
(c) The Landylady.
2. Who does the African-American man that walks on stage represent?
(a) Sarah's father.
(b) Sarah's son.
(c) Sarah's boyfriend.
(d) Sarah's brother.
3. Who does the African-American man say he dreamed about?
(a) His uncle.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
4. What did the person the African-American man dreamed about do to the African-American man?
(a) Chased him.
(b) Hugged him.
(c) Hurt him.
(d) Kissed him.
5. Who is Raymond?
(a) A black man.
(b) An Asian man.
(c) A Latino man.
(d) A white man.
6. What does the Duchess' reaction to her father cause her to do?
(a) Lose her job.
(b) Lose her money.
(c) Lose her hair.
(d) Lose her identity.
7. What do the Duchess of Hapsburg and Queen Victoria wear on their faces?
(b) Silk scarves.
(c) Masks or black makeup.
(d) Masks or white makeup.
8. Who is making the noise that the the Duchess of Hapsburg and Queen Victoria hear throughout the scene?
(a) The Queens' father.
(b) The Duchess' father.
(c) The Landlady.
9. What is heard throughout the scene with the Duchess of Hapsburg and Queen Victoria?
10. What is the Duchess missing half of at the start of Part 2?
(a) Half of her fingers.
(b) Half of her makeup.
(c) Half of her money.
(d) Half of her hair.
11. What is Raymond dressed as?
(a) A waiter.
(b) A witch.
(c) A warrior.
(d) A funhouse guide.
12. What does the audience realize the white woman is muttering as she crosses the stage a second time?
(a) That she is God.
(b) That she will never let a black man touch her.
(c) That the voices will not stop.
(d) That she will never let a white man touch her.
13. What is the play's stage setting supposed to represent?
(a) Downtown Harlem.
(b) A farm.
(c) A funhouse.
(d) A circus.
14. What does the Landlady tell Sarah about her father?
(a) That her death is her fault.
(b) That her father was an honorable man.
(c) That his death is not her fault.
(d) That he is not her father.
15. What are the hairpieces that the Duchess of Hapsburg and Queen Victoria wear made of?
(a) Straight blonde hair.
(b) Straight black hair.
(c) Long red hair.
(d) Wild, curly black hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Landlady believe Sarah thinks she is?
2. What does the Duchess ask Raymond to do?
3. What ethnicity is the person who makes the continuous noise in Part 1?
4. What does the Landlady say happened to Sarah's father?
5. What did the person the African-American man dreamed about keep saying?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)