|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occupation did "Negro" used to hold?
2. What is odd about the Duchess father's presence?
(a) He climbs through the window.
(b) He has three fingers.
(c) He is not invited.
(d) He is dead.
3. What does the Duchess think her father wants to do to her?
(a) Send her away.
(b) Take her to dinner.
(c) Touch her like he did her mother.
(d) Murder her.
4. At the start of the play a white woman walks across the stage. What is the white woman wearing?
(a) An African dress.
(b) A towel.
(c) A nightgown.
(d) A suit.
5. What did the Duchess' father do for a job?
(a) He was a missionary.
(b) He was a writer.
(c) He was an actor.
(d) He was a clown.
6. What does Sarah claim she used to kill her father?
(a) A black skull.
(b) A gun.
(c) A noose.
(d) A knife.
7. What are the hairpieces that the Duchess of Hapsburg and Queen Victoria wear made of?
(a) Straight black hair.
(b) Long red hair.
(c) Wild, curly black hair.
(d) Straight blonde hair.
8. Who does "Negro" transform into?
(a) The queen.
(b) The duchess.
(d) The landlady.
9. Who opens Part 2 of Adrienne Kennedy's play?
(a) The Landylady.
(c) The Duchess and Raymond.
(d) Duchess and the queen.
10. What does "Negro" claim is her only African-American feature?
(a) Her eyes.
(b) Her skin tone.
(c) Her hair.
(d) Her ears.
11. What causes "Negro" to lose her hair?
(a) She pulls it out.
12. What does the Landlady believe Sarah thinks she is?
(a) A queen.
(b) An actress.
(c) A princess.
(d) A dancer.
13. How does Sarah claim she killed her father?
(a) She shot him.
(b) She stabbed him.
(c) She hanged him.
(d) She knocked him over the head.
14. The African-American man reappears in the scene with the Duchess and the Queen. What is he carrying?
(a) A plate of food.
(b) A blanket.
(c) A bag of hair.
(d) A black mask.
15. What does Queen Victoria discover in her scene?
(a) Her limbs are rotting.
(b) Her mother is dying.
(c) Her hair is falling out.
(d) The Duchess is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound is heard throughout Part 2?
2. What did the person the African-American man dreamed about keep saying?
3. What does "Negro" long to have?
4. What does the Landlady repeatedly do?
5. Who does the Duchess represent?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)