|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound is heard throughout Part 2?
2. What does the Landlady believe Sarah thinks she is?
(a) A dancer.
(b) A queen.
(c) An actress.
(d) A princess.
3. Why do the Duchess of Hapsburg and Queen Victoria feel bound to the Duchess' father?
(a) Because they are sisters.
(b) Because they share a home.
(c) Because he lends them money.
(d) Because he keeps returning.
4. Who does the African American man refer to himself as?
(a) Leonard Nemoy.
(b) Patrice Frank.
(c) Patrice Lumumba.
(d) Patty O'Gill.
5. Who is making the noise that the the Duchess of Hapsburg and Queen Victoria hear throughout the scene?
(a) The Landlady.
(b) The Duchess' father.
(d) The Queens' father.
6. What is the play's stage setting supposed to represent?
(a) A circus.
(b) A farm.
(c) Downtown Harlem.
(d) A funhouse.
7. What is the Duchess afraid of in Part 2?
(a) The Queen.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her mother.
8. What does the Duchess ask Raymond to do?
(a) Marry her.
(b) Hide her.
(c) Kiss her.
(d) Kill her.
9. At the start of the play a white woman walks across the stage. What is the white woman wearing?
(a) A suit.
(b) A towel.
(c) An African dress.
(d) A nightgown.
10. What does "Negro" wear around her neck?
(a) A scarf.
(b) A crucifix necklace.
(c) A noose.
(d) A tie.
11. Who is Raymond?
(a) A Latino man.
(b) An Asian man.
(c) A black man.
(d) A white man.
12. What was happening to the person the African-American man dreamed about?
(a) He or she was bleeding.
(b) He or she was losing their hair.
(c) He or she was dying.
(d) He or she was getting a hair cut.
13. Where does "Negro" tell people she lives?
(a) The streets.
(b) A large house.
(c) A farm.
(d) A small apartment.
14. Where are the Duchess of Hapsburg and Queen Victoria in Part 1?
(a) The chamber room.
(b) The Queen's room.
(c) The park.
(d) Sarah's room.
15. How does the African-American man speak about his life?
(b) In song.
(d) With joy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Duchess of Hapsburg and Queen Victoria wear on their faces?
2. What occupation did "Negro" used to hold?
3. What are the hairpieces that the Duchess of Hapsburg and Queen Victoria wear made of?
4. Why does the Landlady believe Sarah's hair is falling out?
5. What is heard throughout the scene with the Duchess of Hapsburg and Queen Victoria?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)