|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The African-American man reappears in the scene with the Duchess and the Queen. What is he carrying?
(a) A plate of food.
(b) A bag of hair.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A black mask.
2. What was happening to the person the African-American man dreamed about?
(a) He or she was bleeding.
(b) He or she was getting a hair cut.
(c) He or she was dying.
(d) He or she was losing their hair.
3. What does the African-American man say happened to his hair?
(a) It grew longer.
(b) He dyed it.
(c) He shaved it.
(d) It fell out.
4. At the start of the play a white woman walks across the stage. What is the white woman wearing?
(a) A suit.
(b) A towel.
(c) A nightgown.
(d) An African dress.
5. How does Adrienne Kennedy describe the Landlady's character?
6. What color dress does the woman Adrienne Kennedy refers to as "Negro" wear?
7. On what did "Negro" write poetry?
(c) Yellow paper.
(d) White paper.
8. What does the object around "Negro's" neck symbolize?
(b) The cold climate.
9. How does Sarah claim she killed her father?
(a) She stabbed him.
(b) She hanged him.
(c) She shot him.
(d) She knocked him over the head.
10. What does the African American man claim he was born between?
(a) Two generations.
(b) Two worlds.
(c) A rock and a hard place.
(d) A mother and father.
11. Who does "Negro" transform into?
(a) The duchess.
(c) The queen.
(d) The landlady.
12. What does the Duchess' reaction to her father cause her to do?
(a) Lose her money.
(b) Lose her hair.
(c) Lose her job.
(d) Lose her identity.
13. Where was the person the African-American man dreamed about sitting?
(a) On the floor.
(b) On a chair.
(c) On a beach.
(d) On a bed.
14. An African-American man walks on stage in Part 2. What is he carrying?
(a) A bible.
(b) A mask.
(c) A knife.
(d) A baby.
15. What does "Negro" claim is her only African-American feature?
(a) Her ears.
(b) Her hair.
(c) Her skin tone.
(d) Her eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does "Negro" tell people she lives?
2. What ethnicity is the person who makes the continuous noise in Part 1?
3. What does the Duchess bring to the Queen?
4. What occupation did "Negro" used to hold?
5. What do the Duchess of Hapsburg and Queen Victoria wear on their faces?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)