|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Duchess missing half of at the start of Part 2?
(a) Half of her money.
(b) Half of her hair.
(c) Half of her fingers.
(d) Half of her makeup.
2. What hairstyle does the Duchess' mother have?
(a) She is bald.
3. What is Raymond dressed as?
(a) A waiter.
(b) A funhouse guide.
(c) A warrior.
(d) A witch.
4. What did the Duchess' father do for a job?
(a) He was a clown.
(b) He was a writer.
(c) He was a missionary.
(d) He was an actor.
5. What is odd about the Duchess father's presence?
(a) He is dead.
(b) He climbs through the window.
(c) He has three fingers.
(d) He is not invited.
6. What does "Negro" claim is her only African-American feature?
(a) Her hair.
(b) Her eyes.
(c) Her skin tone.
(d) Her ears.
7. What does the white woman do as she walks across the stage?
(a) She sobs.
(b) She mumbles.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She screams.
8. How does Sarah claim she killed her father?
(a) She hanged him.
(b) She shot him.
(c) She stabbed him.
(d) She knocked him over the head.
9. Why does the Landlady believe Sarah's hair is falling out?
(c) Sarah shaves her head.
(d) She is suffering from the death of her father.
10. What is the African-American man's dream symbolic of?
(a) Sarah's fear of intimacy.
(b) The Landlady's fear of intimacy.
(c) Sarah's fear of rejection.
(d) Sarah's mother's fear of intimacy with an African-American male.
11. What did the person the African-American man dreamed about do to the African-American man?
(a) Kissed him.
(b) Chased him.
(c) Hugged him.
(d) Hurt him.
12. What did the person the African-American man dreamed about keep saying?
(a) "White man."
(d) "Black man."
13. What does the Duchess think her father wants to do to her?
(a) Touch her like he did her mother.
(b) Send her away.
(c) Murder her.
(d) Take her to dinner.
14. What is the white statue in "Negro's" room of?
(b) Queen Victoria.
15. Who opens Part 2 of Adrienne Kennedy's play?
(a) Duchess and the queen.
(c) The Duchess and Raymond.
(d) The Landylady.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "Negro" long to have?
2. What does "Negro" wear around her neck?
3. What does the Landlady repeatedly do?
4. What does the African-American man say happened to his hair?
5. What are the hairpieces that the Duchess of Hapsburg and Queen Victoria wear made of?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)