|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Adrienne Kennedy describe the Landlady's character?
2. What does the African American man claim he was born between?
(a) Two worlds.
(b) Two generations.
(c) A rock and a hard place.
(d) A mother and father.
3. What does the Duchess' reaction to her father cause her to do?
(a) Lose her identity.
(b) Lose her money.
(c) Lose her hair.
(d) Lose her job.
4. Why does the Landlady believe Sarah's hair is falling out?
(a) Sarah shaves her head.
(c) She is suffering from the death of her father.
5. Who is Raymond?
(a) A black man.
(b) A white man.
(c) An Asian man.
(d) A Latino man.
6. What does the Landlady tell Sarah about her father?
(a) That her death is her fault.
(b) That his death is not her fault.
(c) That he is not her father.
(d) That her father was an honorable man.
7. What is the Duchess afraid of in Part 2?
(a) The Queen.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her mother.
8. What is the Duchess missing half of at the start of Part 2?
(a) Half of her fingers.
(b) Half of her money.
(c) Half of her hair.
(d) Half of her makeup.
9. What does "Negro" claim is her only African-American feature?
(a) Her eyes.
(b) Her skin tone.
(c) Her ears.
(d) Her hair.
10. What is odd about the Duchess father's presence?
(a) He is not invited.
(b) He climbs through the window.
(c) He has three fingers.
(d) He is dead.
11. What was the person the African-American man dreamed about doing?
(b) Reading a book.
(d) Calling to him.
12. What happens because of the African-American man's feelings about himself?
(a) He becomes wealthy.
(b) He receives a promotion.
(c) He kills himself.
(d) His hair falls out.
13. What does the Duchess bring to the Queen?
(a) A plate of food.
(b) A bag of clothes.
(c) A bag of hair.
(d) A blanket.
14. What is heard throughout the scene with the Duchess of Hapsburg and Queen Victoria?
15. Who does the African-American man that walks on stage represent?
(a) Sarah's brother.
(b) Sarah's boyfriend.
(c) Sarah's son.
(d) Sarah's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Duchess of Hapsburg and Queen Victoria feel bound to the Duchess' father?
2. What does Queen Victoria discover in her scene?
3. What is the play's stage setting supposed to represent?
4. What does the Landlady repeatedly do?
5. What hairstyle does the Duchess' mother have?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)