|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the African American man claim he was born between?
(a) Two worlds.
(b) A rock and a hard place.
(c) A mother and father.
(d) Two generations.
2. What is odd about the Duchess father's presence?
(a) He climbs through the window.
(b) He has three fingers.
(c) He is dead.
(d) He is not invited.
3. Why do the Duchess of Hapsburg and Queen Victoria feel bound to the Duchess' father?
(a) Because they share a home.
(b) Because he lends them money.
(c) Because he keeps returning.
(d) Because they are sisters.
4. What does the Landlady believe Sarah thinks she is?
(a) A queen.
(b) A dancer.
(c) An actress.
(d) A princess.
5. The African-American man says his father tried to hurt himself at the end of Part 3. What did he try and do?
(a) Hang himself.
(b) Shoot himself.
(c) Cut himself.
(d) Poison himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the economic status of the neighborhood where the African-American man's father tried to hurt himself?
2. What is symbolic about the African-American man's hair?
3. The African-American man is telling another character's story. What aspect of this character's life do we learn through the African-American man?
4. What does the cross symbolize in the play?
5. On what holiday did Sarah visit her father?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)