|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The African-American man reappears in the scene with the Duchess and the Queen. What is he carrying?
(a) A bag of hair.
(b) A black mask.
(c) A plate of food.
(d) A blanket.
2. How did the African-American man feel about his mother?
(a) He didn't care for her.
(b) He hated her.
(c) He was indifferent.
(d) He loved her.
3. What hairstyle does the Duchess' mother have?
(d) She is bald.
4. What did the African-American man's father say the people that were coming for him were going to do to him?
(a) Shoot him.
(b) Nail him to a cross.
(c) Arrest him.
(d) Hang him.
5. What did the person the African-American man dreamed about do to the African-American man?
(a) Kissed him.
(b) Hugged him.
(c) Hurt him.
(d) Chased him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Duchess' father do for a job?
2. At the start of the play a white woman walks across the stage. What is the white woman wearing?
3. What did the person the African-American man dreamed about keep saying?
4. What does the African-American man say happened to his hair?
5. What color dress does the woman Adrienne Kennedy refers to as "Negro" wear?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)