|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the job of the Duchess' father symbolic of?
(a) The Harlem Renaissance.
(b) The joy in her family.
(c) The stereotype of African-Americans as entertainers.
(d) African-Americans losing themselves to the "white man's" religion.
2. What does the white woman do as she walks across the stage?
(a) She screams.
(b) She sobs.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She mumbles.
3. What is heard throughout the scene with the Duchess of Hapsburg and Queen Victoria?
4. What is the play's stage setting supposed to represent?
(a) A farm.
(b) Downtown Harlem.
(c) A funhouse.
(d) A circus.
5. What is the Duchess afraid of in Part 2?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her sister.
(c) The Queen.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound is heard throughout Part 2?
2. Who does "Negro" transform into?
3. What are the hairpieces that the Duchess of Hapsburg and Queen Victoria wear made of?
4. What hairstyle does the Duchess' mother have?
5. How does Adrienne Kennedy describe the Landlady's character?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)