|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is symbolic about the African-American man's hair?
(a) It represents Sarah's shedding of African American identity.
(b) It represents Sarah's growth.
(c) It represents nothing.
(d) It represents the the change in society.
2. Who is making the noise that the the Duchess of Hapsburg and Queen Victoria hear throughout the scene?
(a) The Queens' father.
(b) The Landlady.
(d) The Duchess' father.
3. What did the person the African-American man dreamed about do to the African-American man?
(a) Chased him.
(b) Hurt him.
(c) Hugged him.
(d) Kissed him.
4. What causes "Negro" to lose her hair?
(a) She pulls it out.
5. What does the Landlady say happened to Sarah's father?
(a) He shot himself.
(b) He moved to the city.
(c) He hanged himself.
(d) He married a new wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Duchess say her mother is?
2. What does "Negro" claim is her only African-American feature?
3. What happens because of the African-American man's feelings about himself?
4. What does the object around "Negro's" neck symbolize?
5. Who is Raymond?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)