|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the person the African-American man dreamed about keep saying?
(a) "Black man."
(b) "White man."
2. What is symbolic about the African-American man's hair?
(a) It represents the the change in society.
(b) It represents Sarah's growth.
(c) It represents nothing.
(d) It represents Sarah's shedding of African American identity.
3. Who opens Part 2 of Adrienne Kennedy's play?
(a) The Landylady.
(b) Duchess and the queen.
(d) The Duchess and Raymond.
4. What is Raymond dressed as?
(a) A warrior.
(b) A waiter.
(c) A funhouse guide.
(d) A witch.
5. What does the Duchess' reaction to her father cause her to do?
(a) Lose her job.
(b) Lose her money.
(c) Lose her hair.
(d) Lose her identity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Landlady say Sarah stays?
2. At the end of Part 2, what does the African-American man claim he did?
3. Why do the Duchess of Hapsburg and Queen Victoria feel bound to the Duchess' father?
4. How does the African-American man feel about himself?
5. What city does "Negro" tell the audience she lives in?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)