|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the hairpieces that the Duchess of Hapsburg and Queen Victoria wear made of?
(a) Straight blonde hair.
(b) Long red hair.
(c) Straight black hair.
(d) Wild, curly black hair.
2. Who is making the noise that the the Duchess of Hapsburg and Queen Victoria hear throughout the scene?
(a) The Queens' father.
(b) The Duchess' father.
(c) The Landlady.
3. At the start of the play a white woman walks across the stage. What is the white woman wearing?
(a) A nightgown.
(b) An African dress.
(c) A suit.
(d) A towel.
4. What does "Negro" claim is her only African-American feature?
(a) Her hair.
(b) Her ears.
(c) Her eyes.
(d) Her skin tone.
5. What does the Landlady tell Sarah about her father?
(a) That her father was an honorable man.
(b) That he is not her father.
(c) That his death is not her fault.
(d) That her death is her fault.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ethnicity is the person who makes the continuous noise in Part 1?
2. What does the white woman do as she walks across the stage?
3. Where does the play open?
4. Where are the Duchess of Hapsburg and Queen Victoria in Part 1?
5. What color does "Negro" believe to be the color of evil?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)