|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "Negro" long to have?
(c) White friends.
(d) Black friends.
2. What ethnicity is the person who makes the continuous noise in Part 1?
3. Where does "Negro" tell people she lives?
(a) The streets.
(b) A small apartment.
(c) A large house.
(d) A farm.
4. Why does the Landlady believe Sarah's hair is falling out?
(b) Sarah shaves her head.
(c) She is suffering from the death of her father.
5. What does the Landlady believe Sarah thinks she is?
(a) An actress.
(b) A dancer.
(c) A princess.
(d) A queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Duchess of Hapsburg and Queen Victoria feel bound to the Duchess' father?
2. What is the play's stage setting supposed to represent?
3. Where does the play open?
4. What did the Duchess' father do to her mother?
5. What does the audience realize the white woman is muttering as she crosses the stage a second time?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)