|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calms down the balding character in Part 4?
(a) The Duchess.
(b) The Queen.
2. What is symbolic about the African-American man's hair?
(a) It represents Sarah's growth.
(b) It represents nothing.
(c) It represents the the change in society.
(d) It represents Sarah's shedding of African American identity.
3. What does Sarah imagine she kills her father with?
(a) A noose.
(b) An ebony mask.
(c) A gun.
(d) A knife.
4. What is the white statue in "Negro's" room of?
(d) Queen Victoria.
5. What is the job of the Duchess' father symbolic of?
(a) The joy in her family.
(b) The Harlem Renaissance.
(c) The stereotype of African-Americans as entertainers.
(d) African-Americans losing themselves to the "white man's" religion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Did Sarah ever forgive her father in Part 4?
2. Who comes on stage after Sarah's death?
3. Where did the African-American man and his family move to after their travels?
4. What was the purpose of the object Sarah's father sent her?
5. What does the audience realize the white woman is muttering as she crosses the stage a second time?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)