|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the rejection of the African-American man's mother symbolize?
(a) Rejection of society.
2. What is symbolic about what the Duchess is losing?
(a) She is shedding her African American traits.
(b) She is becoming a hippie.
(c) She is leaving capitalist society.
(d) She is sexually confused.
3. What was happening to the person the African-American man dreamed about?
(a) He or she was dying.
(b) He or she was bleeding.
(c) He or she was getting a hair cut.
(d) He or she was losing their hair.
4. What does the African-American man say happened to his hair?
(a) He dyed it.
(b) It fell out.
(c) He shaved it.
(d) It grew longer.
5. The African-American man reappears in the scene with the Duchess and the Queen. What is he carrying?
(a) A bag of hair.
(b) A plate of food.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A black mask.
Short Answer Questions
1. The African-American man is telling another character's story. What aspect of this character's life do we learn through the African-American man?
2. How does Adrienne Kennedy describe the Landlady's character?
3. Where did the African-American man's mother end up living?
4. What did the Duchess' father do to her mother?
5. Where does the Landlady say Sarah stays?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)