|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the African-American man's father say the people that were coming for him were going to do to him?
(a) Nail him to a cross.
(b) Arrest him.
(c) Hang him.
(d) Shoot him.
2. Who does the African-American man say he dreamed about?
(a) His father.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His mother.
3. What was the person the African-American man dreamed about doing?
(a) Reading a book.
(d) Calling to him.
4. What is significant about the area of the city that the African-American man's father tried to hurt himself?
(a) It was an African American ghetto.
(b) It didn't have transportation.
(c) There were no churches.
(d) It was a white neighborhood.
5. How does Adrienne Kennedy describe the Landlady's character?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the play open?
2. What does Sarah claim she used to kill her father?
3. Who opens the play in Part 3?
4. What did the person the African-American man dreamed about keep saying?
5. What does the rejection of the African-American man's mother symbolize?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)