|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Duchess represent?
(a) An element of Sarah.
(b) An element of the author.
(c) An element of the Landlady.
(d) An element of black history.
2. What is the African-American man's dream symbolic of?
(a) Sarah's fear of rejection.
(b) Sarah's mother's fear of intimacy with an African-American male.
(c) The Landlady's fear of intimacy.
(d) Sarah's fear of intimacy.
3. Who does the African-American man say he dreamed about?
(a) His father.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His mother.
4. What does Queen Victoria say in her scene with the Duchess in Part 2?
(a) The scene is silent.
(b) That she is free.
(c) That she is beautiful.
(d) The Queen mumbles.
5. Who wanted the African-American man to achieve an unattainable goal in Part 3?
(a) His mother.
(b) His church.
(c) His father.
(d) His daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the African-American man supposed to become?
2. What did the African-American man's mother want him to learn on his journey?
3. What part of the city was the African-American man's father in when he tried to hurt himself?
4. Who does Jesus say he will kill?
5. Who calms down the balding character in Part 4?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)