|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The African-American man reappears in the scene with the Duchess and the Queen. What is he carrying?
(a) A black mask.
(b) A blanket.
(c) A plate of food.
(d) A bag of hair.
2. What did Sarah's father say that his existence depended on?
(a) Her forgetting him.
(b) Her thanking him.
(c) Her rejecting him.
(d) Her embracing him.
3. Who is Raymond?
(a) A white man.
(b) An Asian man.
(c) A black man.
(d) A Latino man.
4. What is the job of the Duchess' father symbolic of?
(a) The Harlem Renaissance.
(b) African-Americans losing themselves to the "white man's" religion.
(c) The joy in her family.
(d) The stereotype of African-Americans as entertainers.
5. What was the African-American man's father doing prior to what he did to African-American man's mother?
(c) Doing drugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the African-American man's father and mother travel to?
2. What did the African-American man's mother want him to do with what he learned on his travels?
3. In whose home does Jesus fall asleep in?
4. What does the cross symbolize in the play?
5. Where was the person the African-American man dreamed about sitting?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)