• Part 1
• The play opens in Sarah's room.
• A white woman in a nightgown walks across the stage muttering.
• When the white woman leaves the stage the curtain goes up revealing the Duchess of Hapsburg and Queen Victoria in the Queen's bedroom.
• The Duchess of Hapsburg and Queen Victoria discuss the knocking sound. The knocking is the Duchess' father.
• The Duchess' father raped her mother.
• The muttering white woman returns but now the audience knows she is saying "I will never let a black man touch me"
• A character by the name of "Negro" appears.
• "Negro" dresses in black and wears a noose around her neck.
• "Negro" discusses how she used to be a student and a poet.
• "Negro" longs for white friends.
• "Negro" claims that self-recognition leads her to kill her father.
• "Negro" transforms into Sarah.
• Sarah tells the audience the rooms around her are a funnyhouse...
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)