|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did a league of oil companies and countries boycott Iranian oil, which crippled Iran's economy?
2. Where did Kazem and Nazireh always take advantage of the free birthday dinner?
3. Kazem had worked for the National Iranian Oil Company from the time he was how old?
4. What is the name of the New Year in Iranian calendars and the corresponding traditional celebrations?
5. Who would pay for the travel expenses for those who attended the celebration when President Carter hosted the Shah of Iran?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Iran realized they were being taken by BP Oil?
2. How did Firoozeh feel about school when she moved to America? When was the most difficult time for her?
3. What kind of ceremonies did Firoozeh and Francois have at their wedding?
4. How did Firoozeh's family celebrate Thanksgiving?
5. What competition did Firoozeh enter in school in Chapter 21? What was the prize?
6. Where was the reception for Firoozeh's wedding? Why was her father displeased?
7. What forbidden food according to the Qu'ran did Kazem enjoy eating?
8. What did Firoozeh think was bad karma in San Francisco? What did she do with it?
9. When did Firoozeh consider plastic surgery? Why?
10. How did Firoozeh feel about her stay in Paris in Chapter 21?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Disneyland Park in Anaheim, California. When was it established? What was Disneyland like in the early 1970s as opposed to today?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the history of Iranian Oil and how it has affected international relations for the past seventy years. What is the US's relationship with Iran today?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the settings of Abadan, Iran and Whittier, California. In what year did the Dumas family move? What global and national events were happening at this time?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)