|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Firoozeh had taken French classes since what grade in school?
2. Firoozeh's husband was of what religious faith?
3. Where was the Persian ceremony of Francois and Firoozeh's wedding held?
4. Firoozeh's parents liked Francois right away even though they had always hoped she would marry what?
5. In addition to turkey and dressing, what did Firoozeh's family eat at Thanksgiving?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Kazem feel going to sell the family's house in Iran in Chapter 19?
2. How did Firoozeh feel about her stay in Paris in Chapter 21?
3. How did Firoozeh feel about school when she moved to America? When was the most difficult time for her?
4. Where was the reception for Firoozeh's wedding? Why was her father displeased?
5. Where did Kazem and Nazireh celebrate their birthdays each year?
6. What did Firoozeh think was bad karma in San Francisco? What did she do with it?
7. Why did Kazem ask for early retirement in Chapter 19?
8. How did Firoozeh's family celebrate Thanksgiving?
9. What happened when Kazem took his family to the White House to see the Shah?
10. For how long did the Dumas family watch the Iran hostage crisis on television? How did it impact them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss racial and cultural stereotypes, discrimination and the "Americanizing" of names. What name did Firoozeh choose to add as a middle name? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the history of Iranian Oil and how it has affected international relations for the past seventy years. What is the US's relationship with Iran today?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Firoozeh's' mother Nazireh. How old was Nazireh when she married? How educated was she?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)