|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Firoozeh end up at Disneyland in Chapter 4?
2. When Nazireh gained some ability with the English language, she often spoke in paragraphs without what?
3. What language did Firoozeh's family principally speak?
4. Why had Francois' grandfather gone to Iraq?
5. What was Firoozeh's cousin Farbod called by other kids?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Firoozeh's teacher showed the class a map in Chapter 1?
2. What were the Dumas family's trips to Las Vegas like? How did Firoozeh feel about them?
3. What tourist attractions did the Dumas family take in during their first few years in the U.S.? What did they think?
4. When did the Dumas family move to Newport Beach? What perceptions did people there have of them?
5. Describe the difficulty Firoozeh faced after changing her name. What did she change it to?
6. Where did Francois want to honeymoon? What was Firoozeh's reaction?
7. Where did Firoozeh become lost in Chapter 4? What did her father do once he found her?
8. Who was asked to find a summer camp for Firoozeh in Chapter 8? What choice was made?
9. Where did the narrator move when she was seven? How did her family feel about the move?
10. What did Firoozeh discover at the pick-up location before leaving for camp?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How religious was the Dumas family? What aspects of the Qur'an were overlooked in their household and why?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the differences between Iran and America from the perspective of Firoozeh at age seven. What American novelties might you have been amazed by at that age in a new country?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Francois, India and Paris. Where did Firoozeh and Francois meet? How did he feel about her heritage?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)