|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the religious text of Islam?
(c) Kebra Negast.
2. What does Shah translate to?
(a) King of men.
(b) King of kings.
(c) King of the universe.
(d) King of holiness.
3. After the hostage crisis ended, Kazem was hired by an American company at what salary compared to what he was used to?
(d) One fourth.
4. When was Kazem's favorite film, Treasure Island, produced?
5. What did Firoozeh come to believe the China was in Chapter 23?
(b) Good fortune.
(d) Bad karma.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kazem's favorite movies as a child were tearjerkers and what?
2. How late was Kazem's letter of scholarship in the mail in Chapter 15?
3. What refers to both the head covering traditionally worn by Muslim women and modest Muslim styles of dress in general?
4. Who did Firoozeh first call after the earthquake in Chapter 23?
5. Just before the final papers were signed for Kazem to take a job with a Saudi company in Chapter 19, Kazem was told the deal was off because company policy disallowed what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Iran realized they were being taken by BP Oil?
2. What did Kazem tell his daughter when she asked him to stop eating forbidden foods in Chapter 15?
3. How did Firoozeh's family celebrate Thanksgiving?
4. How is Sedigeh related to Firoozeh?
5. For how long did the Dumas family watch the Iran hostage crisis on television? How did it impact them?
6. How was Iran described before the revolution in terms of religion?
7. How did Firoozeh feel about her stay in Paris in Chapter 21?
8. How did Kazem feel going to sell the family's house in Iran in Chapter 19?
9. What kind of ceremonies did Firoozeh and Francois have at their wedding?
10. What happened when Kazem took his family to the White House to see the Shah?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)