|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the modern calendar in Iran?
(a) Solar Hejri.
(b) Sore Haika.
(c) Spore Halik.
(d) Sinks Hamir.
2. Kazem had worked himself up from intern to what at the National Iranian Oil Company?
(a) Project Manager.
(c) Night manager.
3. Who wrote the book Treasure Island?
(a) Henrik Ibsen.
(b) Jules Verne.
(c) Lewis Carroll.
(d) Robert Louis Stevenson.
4. Firoozeh wrote numerous essays for scholarships about her life and experiences, including when she acted as her mother's interpreter and when she volunteered to be what at a children's hospital?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A clown.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A janitor.
5. In Chapter 19, Kazem was hired by an oil company from where, earning a generous salary for overseeing refinery start-ups?
(b) The Congo.
(d) South Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Kazem and Nazireh always take advantage of the free birthday dinner?
2. Who would pay for the travel expenses for those who attended the celebration when President Carter hosted the Shah of Iran?
3. Where was the Persian ceremony of Francois and Firoozeh's wedding held?
4. After Kazem retired, he took up a new hobby of going on what kind of seminars?
5. At what warehouse of food had Nematollah and Kazem filled up on free samples for lunch in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where was the reception for Firoozeh's wedding? Why was her father displeased?
2. How had Iran been taken advantage of by BP Oil?
3. For how long did the Dumas family watch the Iran hostage crisis on television? How did it impact them?
4. Why did Kazem ask for early retirement in Chapter 19?
5. What did Kazem tell his daughter when she asked him to stop eating forbidden foods in Chapter 15?
6. How did Firoozeh feel about school when she moved to America? When was the most difficult time for her?
7. How did Firoozeh feel about her stay in Paris in Chapter 21?
8. What large-nosed individual did Firoozeh remember from school in Chapter 24? Where did she see her again?
9. What did Firoozeh think was bad karma in San Francisco? What did she do with it?
10. Where did Kazem and Nazireh celebrate their birthdays each year?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)