|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Firoozeh's husband was of what religious faith?
2. What Christmas special did Firoozeh's family enjoy watching on television?
(a) The Bob Hope Christmas Special.
(b) A Charlie Brown Christmas.
(c) It's A Wonderful Life.
(d) National Lampoons Christmas Vacation.
3. What elderly woman did Firoozeh help during the earthquake in Chapter 23?
4. At what age did Firoozeh contact a plastic surgeon about her nose?
5. After the hostage crisis ended, Kazem was hired by an American company at what salary compared to what he was used to?
(c) One fourth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to an enveloping outer garment worn by women in some Islamic traditions to cover their bodies in public places?
2. What is the name of the modern calendar in Iran?
3. What term refers to that which is not pertaining to or connected with religion?
4. Kazem had worked himself up from intern to what at the National Iranian Oil Company?
5. Firoozeh entered a competition at school in which the participants had to prepare a speech in French in how much time?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Firoozeh feel about school when she moved to America? When was the most difficult time for her?
2. How did Firoozeh feel about the Christmas season growing up?
3. When did Firoozeh consider plastic surgery? Why?
4. How was Iran described before the revolution in terms of religion?
5. How is Sedigeh related to Firoozeh?
6. What competition did Firoozeh enter in school in Chapter 21? What was the prize?
7. What large-nosed individual did Firoozeh remember from school in Chapter 24? Where did she see her again?
8. How did Firoozeh's family celebrate Thanksgiving?
9. Where was the reception for Firoozeh's wedding? Why was her father displeased?
10. What kind of ceremonies did Firoozeh and Francois have at their wedding?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)