|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It was the consensus of Firoozeh's family that Kentucky Fried Chicken and what were tops in the fast-food department?
(c) In-N-Out Burger.
2. Firoozeh's brothers who ridiculed her for renaming herself an American name later became known as Fred and what?
3. From what had Francois' grandfather died?
(a) Old age.
4. Where did Firoozeh have her honeymoon?
(c) Mexico City.
5. What occupation did Uncle Nematollah have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What university did Firoozeh attend?
2. What is the name of Firoozeh's father?
3. What is the name of Firoozeh's husband?
4. Who sat with Firoozeh for her first few days at Leffingwell Elementary School?
5. Who considered himself the family swim instructor but was unable to teach Firoozeh to swim?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Kazem invite several Iranian colleagues in Chapter 4? What impression did he make?
2. How did Firoozeh feel about being asked about her homeland growing up?
3. What did Kazem buy Firoozeh before her trip to camp in Chapter 8? How is it described?
4. Where did the narrator move when she was seven? How did her family feel about the move?
5. When did the Dumas family move to Newport Beach? What perceptions did people there have of them?
6. What were the other girls like at Firoozeh's camp? Who did Firoozeh like the most?
7. What examples does the narrator give for Americans misconstruing her and her family's names?
8. Why was Firoozeh embarrassed on her way home from school with her mother in Chapter 1?
9. Where did Francois want to honeymoon? What was Firoozeh's reaction?
10. Describe Kazem's childhood. How close was his family?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)