|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Kazem take his family a few weeks after Disneyland in Chapter 4?
(a) Mann's Chinese Theatre.
(b) The Walk of Fame.
(c) The Hollywood Museum.
(d) The Hollywood Wax Museum.
2. What was Firoozeh's cousin Farbod called by other kids?
3. What did Kazem purchase for Firoozeh before she went to camp in Chapter 8?
(a) A purse.
(b) A sari.
(c) Several cans of bug spray.
(d) A sleeping bag.
4. Where did Firoozeh have her honeymoon?
(d) Mexico City.
5. How many times previously had Firoozeh's family been to Disneyland when Kazem invited Iranian colleagues to meet his family there in Chapter 14?
Short Answer Questions
1. What grade did Firoozeh begin at Leffingwell Elementary School?
2. What language did Firoozeh's family principally speak?
3. What was Firoozeh opposed to doing while at camp in Chapter 8?
4. What sibling of Firoozeh's lived in Philadelphia with an uncle before the rest of the family moved to the United States?
5. What did Firoozeh's teacher pull out for the class when introducing her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who attempted to teach Firoozeh to swim after Kazem couldn't? What happened?
2. What did the Dumas family discover about Kazem's English in Chapter 2?
3. What differences were there between Newport Beach and Berkeley regarding Iranians in Chapter 7?
4. What obstacles did Firoozeh face because of her fear of bathing in front of the other girls at camp?
5. Why was Firoozeh embarrassed on her way home from school with her mother in Chapter 1?
6. What did the Dumas family hold as a pinnacle in terms of tourist attractions? Why?
7. What were the Dumas family's trips to Las Vegas like? How did Firoozeh feel about them?
8. How does the narrator describe America's knowledge of her home country in her youth?
9. Where did Francois want to honeymoon? What was Firoozeh's reaction?
10. What did Firoozeh discover at the pick-up location before leaving for camp?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)