|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what had Francois' grandfather died?
(a) Old age.
2. What food had Firoozeh taken to a class to speak about her homeland in Chapter 7?
(c) Stuffed grape leaves.
(d) Baba Ganush.
3. Kazem considered himself the ________ of Iran since he was the first in the family to settle permanently in America.
(a) Sir Francis Drake.
(b) Christopher Columbus.
(c) Leif Ericson.
(d) Napoleon Bonaparte.
4. Where is Firoozeh's husband from?
5. According to Muslim laws, Francois' grandfather was buried how?
(a) 10 feet below ground.
(b) Near a mosque.
(c) After 3 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. To Kazem, Walt Disney was a genius who allowed everyone to do what?
2. What was the name of Firoozeh's first teacher in the United States?
3. Where did Francois' grandfather die?
4. In Berkeley, Firoozeh met some very progressive students sided against who for their treatment of Iranians?
5. How old was Farshid when Firoozeh's family moved from Iran to the U.S.?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Dumas family hold as a pinnacle in terms of tourist attractions? Why?
2. What did the Dumas family discover about Kazem's English in Chapter 2?
3. What fast food restaurants did Nematollah and Kazem visit during Nematollah's stay? What was their consensus?
4. What examples does the narrator give for Americans misconstruing her and her family's names?
5. Who attempted to teach Firoozeh to swim after Kazem couldn't? What happened?
6. What had Nazirah wanted to study? Why didn't she?
7. What were the Dumas family's trips to Las Vegas like? How did Firoozeh feel about them?
8. What did Firoozeh discover at the pick-up location before leaving for camp?
9. Who was asked to find a summer camp for Firoozeh in Chapter 8? What choice was made?
10. Who did Firoozeh meet with before beginning school in the United States? What was the meeting like?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)