|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Firoozeh's teacher pull out for the class when introducing her?
(a) A doll.
(b) A book.
(c) A jar.
(d) A map.
2. What fast food chain did Kazem and Nematollah avoid because the name was intimidating and too hard to pronounce?
(a) Burger King.
(c) Der Wienerschnitzel.
3. What did Kazem purchase for Firoozeh before she went to camp in Chapter 8?
(a) A sari.
(b) Several cans of bug spray.
(c) A purse.
(d) A sleeping bag.
4. What is Firoozeh's family's last name?
5. What did the school nurse insist that Firoozeh appeared to be in Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had Kazim attended graduate school?
2. What is the name of Firoozeh's mother?
3. What was finally successful in helping Nematollah lose weight?
4. When did the Iranian Revolution begin?
5. Where did Francois want to honeymoon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Dumas family hold as a pinnacle in terms of tourist attractions? Why?
2. When did the Dumas family move to Newport Beach? What perceptions did people there have of them?
3. What did the Dumas family discover about Kazem's English in Chapter 2?
4. Describe Kazem's childhood. How close was his family?
5. What did Kazem buy Firoozeh before her trip to camp in Chapter 8? How is it described?
6. Why was Firoozeh embarrassed on her way home from school with her mother in Chapter 1?
7. What fast food restaurants did Nematollah and Kazem visit during Nematollah's stay? What was their consensus?
8. What had Nazirah wanted to study? Why didn't she?
9. What happened when Firoozeh's teacher showed the class a map in Chapter 1?
10. Describe the difficulty Firoozeh faced after changing her name. What did she change it to?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)