|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kazem's professor invited him home for Easter, along with what other guest?
(a) Charles Edouard Guillaume.
(b) Niels Henrik David Bohr.
(c) Albert Einstein.
(d) Johannes Stark.
2. How old was Kazem when he was unemployed during the Iranian hostage crisis?
3. When was Kazem's favorite film, Treasure Island, produced?
4. Although the restaurant for Francois and Firoozeh's reception was paid for in advance, a large Indian man stood in front of the door and would not let anyone in unless Kazem paid how much?
5. When Kazem was in graduate school in America, he grew to love ham and what food?
(d) Ice cream.
6. In Chapter 19, Kazem was hired by an oil company from where, earning a generous salary for overseeing refinery start-ups?
(b) South Africa.
(d) The Congo.
7. What kind of parties was Firoozeh not invited to as a child?
(a) Halloween parties.
(b) Christmas parties.
(c) Birthday parties.
(d) Easter parties.
8. At what age did Firoozeh contact a plastic surgeon about her nose?
9. Firoozeh's husband was of what religious faith?
10. What is the title of Chapter 21?
(a) Joyeuse Noelle.
(b) I-Raynians Need Not Apply.
(c) I Ran and I Ran and I Ran.
(d) Girls Just Wanna Have Funds.
11. For how many nights did Firoozeh's family watch TV hoping for a break in the hostage situation in Chapter 19?
12. Firoozeh had taken French classes since what grade in school?
13. What term refers to that which is not pertaining to or connected with religion?
14. During the Iranian hostage crisis, T-shirts were printed in America that said what?
(a) "They did nothing."
(b) "Let them go."
(c) "Iranians Go Home."
(d) "Help us Ayatollah."
15. Who did Firoozeh first call after the earthquake in Chapter 23?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Kazem and Nazireh always take advantage of the free birthday dinner?
2. Who would pay for the travel expenses for those who attended the celebration when President Carter hosted the Shah of Iran?
3. What refers to a program of competitive, merit-based grants for international educational exchange for students, scholars, teachers, professionals, scientists and artists, founded in 1946?
4. Kazem had worked himself up from intern to what at the National Iranian Oil Company?
5. Just before the final papers were signed for Kazem to take a job with a Saudi company in Chapter 19, Kazem was told the deal was off because company policy disallowed what?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)