|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Firoozeh do with the China in Chapter 23?
(a) Sold it.
(b) Donated it to an auction.
(c) Gave it to a friend.
(d) Destroyed it.
2. What elderly woman did Firoozeh help during the earthquake in Chapter 23?
3. Who wrote the book Treasure Island?
(a) Lewis Carroll.
(b) Jules Verne.
(c) Henrik Ibsen.
(d) Robert Louis Stevenson.
4. The reception for Francois and Firoozeh's wedding was held at what kind of restaurant?
5. Just before the final papers were signed for Kazem to take a job with a Saudi company in Chapter 19, Kazem was told the deal was off because company policy disallowed what?
(a) Hiring men.
(b) People without sufficient experience.
(c) Hiring Iranians.
(d) Having a moustache.
6. When did a league of oil companies and countries boycott Iranian oil, which crippled Iran's economy?
7. Who warned Kazem not to go to the celebration when President Carter hosted the Shah of Iran because of the planned protests?
(a) His wife.
(b) his father.
(c) His sons.
(d) His mother.
8. Francois and Firoozeh agreed to be married in both a traditional Persian ceremony and what?
(a) A Jewish wedding.
(b) A Las Vegas chapel.
(c) A county courthouse.
(d) A Catholic mass.
9. Kazem's professor invited him home for Easter, along with what other guest?
(a) Niels Henrik David Bohr.
(b) Johannes Stark.
(c) Charles Edouard Guillaume.
(d) Albert Einstein.
10. Kazem had worked himself up from intern to what at the National Iranian Oil Company?
(b) Project Manager.
(d) Night manager.
11. Who was the founder of the religion of Islam?
(a) Joseph Smith.
12. Firoozeh's husband was of what religious faith?
13. Kazem's favorite movies as a child were tearjerkers and what?
(a) American westerns.
14. What refers to an enveloping outer garment worn by women in some Islamic traditions to cover their bodies in public places?
15. After getting married, Firoozeh and Francois moved where?
(a) Santa Barbara.
(b) San Diego.
(d) San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Firoozeh come to believe the China was in Chapter 23?
2. What kind of parties was Firoozeh not invited to as a child?
3. Who would pay for the travel expenses for those who attended the celebration when President Carter hosted the Shah of Iran?
4. What company made a deal with the Shah that allowed them to drill for oil for a relatively small amount in return?
5. Who was the apartment manager who attended the Bastille celebration with Firoozeh in Paris?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)