|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what warehouse of food had Nematollah and Kazem filled up on free samples for lunch in Chapter 13?
(a) Price Club.
(b) Sam's Club.
(c) John's Club.
2. At what age did Firoozeh contact a plastic surgeon about her nose?
3. Firoozeh's parents liked Francois right away even though they had always hoped she would marry what?
(a) An Iranian poet.
(b) An Iranian lawyer.
(c) An Iranian doctor.
(d) An Iranian Shah.
4. What ancient Persian language did Kazem speak?
5. After Kazem retired, he took up a new hobby of going on what kind of seminars?
(b) Stock market.
(c) Self improvement.
6. What is the title of Chapter 21?
(a) Girls Just Wanna Have Funds.
(b) I Ran and I Ran and I Ran.
(c) I-Raynians Need Not Apply.
(d) Joyeuse Noelle.
7. What refers to a religious teaching, originating from India, which declares that by destroying greed, hatred, and delusion, which are the causes of all suffering, man can attain perfect enlightenment?
8. Who was the founder of the religion of Islam?
(b) Joseph Smith.
9. The first prize in the competition Firoozeh entered in which the participants had to prepare a speech in French was spending 2 months at what school in France?
(a) Université Strasbourg.
(b) Baruch College.
(c) Alliance Francaise.
(d) Université Louis Pasteur.
10. What kind of parties was Firoozeh not invited to as a child?
(a) Birthday parties.
(b) Easter parties.
(c) Christmas parties.
(d) Halloween parties.
11. In addition to turkey and dressing, what did Firoozeh's family eat at Thanksgiving?
(a) Traditional Persian dishes.
12. Firoozeh entered a competition at school in which the participants had to prepare a speech in French in how much time?
(a) 1 hour.
(b) 72 hours.
(c) 1 day.
(d) 1 week.
13. After the hostage crisis ended, Kazem was hired by an American company at what salary compared to what he was used to?
(b) One fourth.
14. Francois and Firoozeh agreed to be married in both a traditional Persian ceremony and what?
(a) A Catholic mass.
(b) A Las Vegas chapel.
(c) A county courthouse.
(d) A Jewish wedding.
15. In Chapter 19, Kazem was hired by an oil company from where, earning a generous salary for overseeing refinery start-ups?
(a) South Africa.
(b) The Congo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the religious text of Islam?
2. Who would pay for the travel expenses for those who attended the celebration when President Carter hosted the Shah of Iran?
3. Who did Kazem list his birthday as the same as, since he didn't know his?
4. Firoozeh entered a competition at school in which the participants had to prepare a speech in French on the subject of what?
5. When did President Carter host a visit to the White House by the Shah of Iran?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)