|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It was the consensus of Firoozeh's family that Kentucky Fried Chicken and what were tops in the fast-food department?
(b) In-N-Out Burger.
2. What was finally successful in helping Nematollah lose weight?
(b) The Body Shaper.
3. What had Nazireh wanted to be educated in?
4. Who dug up Francois' grandfather?
5. Where is Firoozeh's husband from?
6. What is an expression, word, or phrase that has a figurative meaning that is comprehended in regard to a common use of that expression that is separate from the literal meaning or definition of the words of which it is made?
7. In Firoozeh's childhood, most Americans confused Iran with what?
8. People in Newport mistook Firoozeh and her family for what?
9. What did schoolchildren call Firoozeh when she was young?
10. What does Firoozeh claim Berkeley, California has been known as?
(a) The neck of California.
(b) The brain of California.
(c) The left hand of California.
(d) The armpit of California.
11. Of what heritage was Francois' grandfather?
12. When did the Iranian Revolution begin?
13. What was Firoozeh opposed to doing while at camp in Chapter 8?
(b) Bathing in front of others.
(c) Arts and crafts.
(d) Fishing and hunting.
14. What consisted of two Iranian/Persian monarchs, father and son Reza Shah Pahlavi and Mohammad Reza Shah Pahlavi?
(a) The Hekmat Dynasty.
(b) The Rafsanjani Dynasty.
(c) The Pahlavi Dynasty.
(d) The Ardabili Dynasty.
15. Who sat with Firoozeh for her first few days at Leffingwell Elementary School?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Francois want to honeymoon?
2. Once when she was called in for a doctor's apartment, the nurse called Firoozeh what?
3. Where did Aunt Parvine live?
4. What did Kazem purchase for Firoozeh before she went to camp in Chapter 8?
5. What occupation did Uncle Nematollah have?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)