|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Bruce Bechdel's trial, the judge agreed to dismiss the charges against him if he did what?
(a) Moved out of the state.
(b) Made a public apology.
(c) Completed six months of counseling.
(d) Registered as a sex offender.
2. Who created the illustrations for The Wind in the Willows coloring book that the author describes in Chapter 5?
(a) Wallace Stevens.
(b) E. M. Forster.
(c) Gilbet Osmond.
(d) E. H. Shepard.
3. How frequently do locusts appear and swarm?
(a) Every 12 years.
(b) Every 7 years.
(c) Every 10 years.
(d) Every 17 years.
4. On what date did Oscar Wilde face trial for sodomy and gross indecency?
(a) March 10, 1875.
(b) April 26, 1895.
(c) June 29, 1899.
(d) May 12, 1888.
5. On what street did the author grow up?
(a) Willow Street.
(b) Anderson Street.
(c) Maple Avenue.
(d) Riverview Avenue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the author's favorite page in the Wind in the Willows coloring book?
2. Where does the author describe dreaming about being with her father two nights before he died in Chapter 5?
3. What play does the author describe her parents going to see at the Playhouse in Chapter 6?
4. How old was the author when her "actual obsessive-compulsive disorder began"?
5. What is the date on the police report that describes Bruce Bechdel's seduction of Mark Walsh in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bechdel write regarding the trial of Oscar Wilde in Chapter 6?
2. What is alluded to in the title of Chapter 6, "The Ideal Husband"?
3. What is described in the police report that the author illustrates in Chapter 6?
4. Why does the author say that her family witnessed lots of sunrises in 1974?
5. What is revealed of Bruce Bechdel's obituary in Chapter 5?
6. What is the significance of the locusts that the author describes in Chapter 6?
7. How does Bechdel describe her mother's talents in Chapter 5?
8. Why does the author go into depth regarding the geography of her hometown in Chapter 5?
9. What play does the author describe her mother in rehearsals for in Chapter 6? Why is this significant?
10. How does the author describe the changes in her diary in Chapter 6?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)