|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role does the author describe her mother playing in The Importance of Being Earnest in Chapter 6?
(a) Lady Bracknell.
(d) Lady Macbeth.
2. What month was it when the author got her first period?
3. How many residents does the author describe in her hometown in Chapter 5?
4. Whom did the author's mother get angry about Bruce wanting to invite to their home in Chapter 6?
(a) His student.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His therapist.
(d) His brother.
5. When did President Nixon resign as a result of the Watergate scandal?
(a) August 9, 1974.
(b) June 29, 1967.
(c) March 16, 1974.
(d) September 12, 1973.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the calendar from that Bruce Bechdel gave to his daughter to use as a diary?
2. What author does Bechdel describe having died in her diary entry in Chapter 6?
3. How old was the author when she claims her "father's secret almost surfaced" in Chapter 6?
4. What television show does the author describe as "the dumbest T.V. show in the world. Next to the Brady Bunch" in Chapter 6?
5. What is the date on the police report that describes Bruce Bechdel's seduction of Mark Walsh in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author describe her mother discovering on an audio tape in Chapter 5?
2. Describe the dream in the beginning of Chapter 5. What symbolism can be seen in the dream?
3. How does Bechdel describe her mother's talents in Chapter 5?
4. What did the author learn about obsessive-compulsive disorder from reading Dr. Spock?
5. How did the author overcome her obsessive-compulsive tendencies?
6. How does the author describe the changes in her diary in Chapter 6?
7. What is the significance of the locusts that the author describes in Chapter 6?
8. What is alluded to in the title of Chapter 6, "The Ideal Husband"?
9. What symbolism can be seen in the fallen trees in Chapter 6?
10. What is revealed of Bruce Bechdel's obituary in Chapter 5?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)