|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the date on the police report that describes Bruce Bechdel's seduction of Mark Walsh in Chapter 6?
(a) June 20, 1974.
(b) June 29, 1967.
(c) September 3, 1972.
(d) March 3, 1971.
2. What was the name of Bruce Bechdel's mother?
3. What was the Alison Bechdel's mother's favorite poem?
(a) "Annabel Lee."
(b) "Death is the Mother of Beauty."
(c) "Sunday Morning."
(d) "Two Roads Diverged."
4. How old was the author when her "actual obsessive-compulsive disorder began"?
5. What novel by Oscar Wilde does the author allude to with the line "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it"?
(a) The Ballad of Reading Gaol.
(b) A House of Pomegranates.
(c) The Picture of Dorian Gray.
(d) De Profundis.
6. What was the name of Bruce Bechdel's father?
7. Who is the author of Little Women?
(a) Louisa May Alcott.
(b) Elsa Gidlow.
(c) Anaïs Nin.
(d) E. M. Forster.
8. What term from Chapter 5 refers to a disorder characterized by rapid, uncoordinated jerking movements primarily affecting the face, hands and feet?
(c) Saint Vitus Dance.
(d) Cerebral palsy.
9. What was the author's favorite page in the Wind in the Willows coloring book?
(a) The map.
(b) The pond.
(c) The house.
(d) The river.
10. The author compares the Appalachian ridges of her region with what Roman defense fortification in Chapter 5?
(a) The Wall of China.
(b) The Panama Canal.
(c) The Aqueduct.
(d) Hadrian's Wall.
11. What color did the author's father fill in the gypsy caravan with in the coloring book in Chapter 5?
12. How long after Bruce Bechdel's trial did Nixon resign as President?
(a) Two days later.
(b) Two weeks later.
(c) Three days later.
(d) Five days later.
13. What does the word "lacuna" mean as used in Chapter 6?
(a) A book.
(b) A phrase.
(c) A gap.
(d) A leap.
14. Who created the illustrations for The Wind in the Willows coloring book that the author describes in Chapter 5?
(a) E. H. Shepard.
(b) Wallace Stevens.
(c) Gilbet Osmond.
(d) E. M. Forster.
15. What had Bruce Bechdel been recording on the tape that the author's mother discovered after his death in Chapter 5?
(a) A journal entry.
(b) An audition for a play.
(c) A book that he had written.
(d) A tour guide for a museum.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what date did Bruce Bechdel complete his required counseling after his trial?
2. What was Beth's last name?
3. The title of Chapter 6, "The Ideal Husband" is an allusion to the play "An Ideal Husband" written by whom?
4. What month was it when the author got her first period?
5. What was Beth's stepmother's name?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)