|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What author does Bechdel recall reading regarding her obsessive-compulsive disorder when she was a child?
(a) Dr. Spock.
(b) Radclyffe Hall.
(c) E. H. Shepard.
(d) Morris Townsend.
2. What was Helen Bechdel's maiden name?
3. The author compares the Appalachian ridges of her region with what Roman defense fortification in Chapter 5?
(a) Hadrian's Wall.
(b) The Panama Canal.
(c) The Aqueduct.
(d) The Wall of China.
4. On what day does the author describe her father's hearing in Chapter 6?
(a) June 14.
(b) September 4.
(c) May 12.
(d) August 6.
5. Whom did the author's mother get angry about Bruce wanting to invite to their home in Chapter 6?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His therapist.
(c) His student.
(d) His brother.
6. What phrase began creeping into the author's journal entries in April, according to Bechdel in Chapter 5?
(a) "I think."
(b) "On a day."
(d) "Too soon."
7. What food item from her mother's play does the author describe her family eating all summer in Chapter 6?
(a) Gingersnap cookies.
(b) Roast beef sandwiches.
(c) Potato salad.
(d) Cucumber sandwiches.
8. On what street did the author grow up?
(a) Riverview Avenue.
(b) Willow Street.
(c) Maple Avenue.
(d) Anderson Street.
9. On what date did Bruce Bechdel complete his required counseling after his trial?
(a) June 29, 1967.
(b) June 20, 1974.
(c) March 13, 1976.
(d) April 2, 1975.
10. Where did the author's mother tell her they might move because of her father's court hearing in Chapter 6?
(a) New York or Massachusetts.
(b) California or Oregon.
(c) Louisiana or Georgia.
(d) Mississippi or Arkansas.
11. Where did Bruce Bechdel attend college?
(a) Pennsylvania State University.
(b) Princeton University.
(c) Rutgers University.
(d) Ohio State University.
12. What vision compelled the author in the dream she describes in Chapter 5?
(a) A snake.
(b) A sunset.
(c) An eagle.
(d) A robin.
13. In what year does the author describe the energy crisis and the year-round daylight savings it entailed in Chapter 5?
14. What grade does the author describe getting on her algebra test in her diary entry in Chapter 6?
15. How old was the author when her "actual obsessive-compulsive disorder began"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author describe putting deadlines for on her wall calendar at the end of Chapter 5?
2. What month was it when the author finally told her mother that she'd started her period?
3. How old was Mark Douglas Walsh when Bruce Bechdel allegedly seduced him?
4. Where does the author describe dreaming about being with her father two nights before he died in Chapter 5?
5. The author writes in Chapter 6, "It's said that homes with pubescent children in them are more prone to" what?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)