|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role does the author describe her mother playing in The Importance of Being Earnest in Chapter 6?
(b) Lady Bracknell.
(d) Lady Macbeth.
2. Who is the playwright for Morning's at Seven, which the author recalls her mother rehearsing for in Chapter 5?
(a) Gerald Kimble.
(b) Paul Osborn.
(c) Edward Albee.
(d) Wallace Shawn.
3. What play does the author describe her parents going to see at the Playhouse in Chapter 6?
(a) Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf.
(b) No Sex Please, We're British.
(c) Cowboy Mouth.
(d) The Importance of Being Earnest.
4. What does the author describe putting deadlines for on her wall calendar at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Completing school assignments.
(b) Writing in her journal.
(c) Abandoning obsessions.
(d) Talking to her parents.
5. What month was it when the author got her first period?
6. Who wrote the play The American Dream that the author's mother is seen reading in a panel in Chapter 5?
(a) Edward Albee.
(b) Wallace Stevens.
(c) E. H. Shepard.
(d) Sam Shepard.
7. What had Bruce Bechdel been recording on the tape that the author's mother discovered after his death in Chapter 5?
(a) A tour guide for a museum.
(b) An audition for a play.
(c) A book that he had written.
(d) A journal entry.
8. What word from Chapter 5 means resembling sunlight?
9. What author does Bechdel recall reading regarding her obsessive-compulsive disorder when she was a child?
(a) Morris Townsend.
(b) E. H. Shepard.
(c) Radclyffe Hall.
(d) Dr. Spock.
10. How many Bechdel families were listed in the phone book in the author's home town, as accounted in Chapter 5?
11. How long after Bruce Bechdel's trial did Nixon resign as President?
(a) Three days later.
(b) Two days later.
(c) Two weeks later.
(d) Five days later.
12. On what day does the author describe her father's hearing in Chapter 6?
(a) June 14.
(b) August 6.
(c) May 12.
(d) September 4.
13. What was Beth's last name?
14. What food item from her mother's play does the author describe her family eating all summer in Chapter 6?
(a) Roast beef sandwiches.
(b) Potato salad.
(c) Gingersnap cookies.
(d) Cucumber sandwiches.
15. What interstate does the author describe having been blasted through the ridge beyond hers in Chapter 5?
(a) Interstate 67.
(b) Interstate 101.
(c) Interstate 150.
(d) Interstate 80.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the date on the police report that describes Bruce Bechdel's seduction of Mark Walsh in Chapter 6?
2. What did the Drs. Gryglewicz give to the author's mother on her opening night of the play in Chapter 6?
3. What word from Chapter 5 means self-pityingly or tearfully sentimental, often through drunkenness?
4. What was the name of Mark Douglas Walsh's brother?
5. What television show does the author describe as "the dumbest T.V. show in the world. Next to the Brady Bunch" in Chapter 6?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)