1. Alison Bechdel's Fun Home is a graphic memoir that is filled with literary allusions. What book by James Joyce is alluded to with the title of Chapter 1: "Old Father, Old Artificer"?
A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.
2. The author writes in Chapter 1 that "In the circus, acrobatics where one person lies on the floor balancing another are called" what?
3. What word from Chapter 1 refers to skillful use of one's hands when performing conjuring tricks?
4. What skillful craftsman and artist from Greek mythology does the author compare her father to in Chapter 1?
5. Why did the author complain about the wallpaper her father chose for her room in Chapter 1?
It was pink with flowers.
This section contains 3,992 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)